You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Demons / Possessions / Exorcisms :: Am I Possessed?

Real Ghost Stories

Am I Possessed?

 

I have shared this experience with many of friends, but most of them don't believe me. I think here people will believe me because I am sure many of you may also have experienced or encountered supernatural stuffs.

Long time back when I was a child, I was celebrating my 8th birthday with my family and people staying near our house. There was an unknown lady who attended the party. She offered me a piece of cake which I accepted.

The next day my parents have noticed something abnormal in me. There was a change in my voice and I also started uttering some words\ sentences in a language that was unknown to me.

As the days passed, my condition worsened. I rejected my parents, saying that I am not their child and used to run away from my house. At times I possessed the strength of an adult, so it was getting difficult for my family members to handle me. So my parents called a professional to exorcise me, because they were convinced that I was possessed.

After my exorcism, I told them that I was offered a piece of cake from a lady on my birthday and I don't remember anything after that. That lady was not found anywhere in our society.

But, until this date I have a vivid memory of her face and I see her in my dreams very often. Am I still possessed? I am confused. Will appreciate your comments.

PS: By professional I mean a tantrik (Shaman). Is our way of exorcism a proper method or shall I consult someone who carries out some other type of exorcism, I mean the one practised in other religions. I am a Hindu.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, PossessedByPossessedGhost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

dido (5 stories) (20 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-25)
Hi PossessedByPossessedGhost,

Glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better. Please continue to recite the Chalisa and continually ask God for Peace of mind and protection.
PossessedByPossessedGhost (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-22)
First of all I would like to thank you all for believing in what happened to me and posting your valuable comments.
I have been reciting the hanuman chalisa for the past three days. At first I was not sure whether it will make any difference because I couldn't find the science behind it. But being possessed isn't scientifically explained as well, so I thought to give it a try. And I am surprised to see that it is attracting some positive energy around me and I am feeling more secured and protected. So I am convinced that these Mantras do have a significance. Thanks a lot.
[at] biblio Now I think you are right. I may not be possessed but it may be the trauma from the past which is bringing up the negative thoughts in my mind. I guess believing in some external force to protect me by reciting some chants as I have mentioned above will help me to eliminate these negative thoughts.
Thanks again for your wonderful comments 😊
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
Hi, PossessedByPossessedGhost Bibilo and Dido has already put their precious comment just want to add my opinion...

The same thing happened with my father when he was like your age. One of the relative feed him something which has some spirit attached... He run away from home... He use to throw the things... He always has some weird look in eyes... And because of this he ruined his studies... And we know who did this but can't do anything... I can say that may be the lady who feed you was just a source to make you sick and you know mostly people do all these things in tender age so that the child will ruin his studies as well as health... So as you mentioned that you was exorcised in the childhood... But It can be happen that it is not properly detach from your body or there is a possibilties that the people who did this with you want to possessed you again... You are Hindu... Then you must be know that there is no reason to possess someone by physical presence of someone... They can pass it on you... I suggest without any delay you should talk to your parents about this and suggest you to go to believable priest who can tell who did this things on you and how you can remove it from your body? Meanwhile you can read Hanuman Chalisa... And pray in temple regularly. If you are feeling that some force is pausing you to go temple then there is lots of chances you are still possessed... I hope this helps... God bless you dear:)
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-16)
Greetings, Possessed:

I do not think that you are STILL possessed, you simply were traumatized by the events in your childhood. Exorcism Rituals are a common phenomenon among the world's spiritual beliefs (not limited to religions alone). These rituals differ widely in methodology, application, and duration, but they all share the intention of a holy/wise practitioner endeavoring to free the afflicted from unwanted activity. It is, as always, the INTENT of the parties involved which is most effective. The rituals may simply embody the placebo effect, or they may indeed be tapping into a supernatural power (I'm agnostic, so I've no bias either way). You have undergone an exorcism within your own religious teachings, but have offered no real rationale for checking out other religions' methods: merely that you are having bad dreams/memories.

If you have been much more clear-headed since the event, and you have manifested no particular behaviors which you would associate with possession, then I'd state that you may feel better following Dido's advice (as she is also Hindu), and perhaps having a simple blessing/cleansing performed to strengthen your will and your spirit against possible future supernatural attacks.

You may also benefit from seeking advice/counselling from a pandit or pujari whom you trust. Seeking advice from a spiritual person who is unlikely to dismiss your supernatural encounter can be a very liberating experience. One hallmark of possessing entities is that they usually cause the possessed person to feel a great deal of confusion, making the individual more susceptible to future events. In short, you'll be a lot happier, calmer, and healthier when you have: 1) prayed, 2) been blessed, and 3) sought a religious counsellor/therapist. If time and economics allow, you may benefit from taking a week to spend time in prayer at a temple or monastery, should you wish, to re-focus your spiritual life.

Best,
-Biblio.
dido (5 stories) (20 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-16)
Hi, As a Hindu myself may I suggest that you recite Hanuman Chalisa on a Daily basis and if possible 3 times a day. This will help remove any evil that may be attached to you.

See below verse which states:

"aapan tej samharo aape, teenon loka haank te kaapen
Bhoot pishach nikat nahin aavein, mahavira jab naam sunavein
Nase roga hare sab pira, japat nirantar hanumat beera
Meaning:
Only you can control your energy and brilliance; the three worlds quiver when you roar. Evil souls do not approach a person who recites the name of Hanuman. The continual chanting of Hanuman’s name removes all diseases and sufferings.”

If you would like you may also recite the Nrsimha Kavacha which is very powerful. Lord Nrsimhadev is an avatar of Lord Vishnu whom protects us from all evil.

Please feel free to email me should you require the entire Hanuman Chalisa and Nrsimha Kavaca.

Hope this helps and that you will feel better soon.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: