You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Grandpa?

Real Ghost Stories

Grandpa?

 

Only a few times have I seen this figure. It doesn't feel evil, though strange.

One night I was sleeping on my top bunk and I heard a noise and woke up. I couldn't move and everything was shaking and blurry. Then I saw a unidentifiable figure walk across the room. After that, everything went black and I went back to sleep. The next morning I asked my parents and sister if they came into my room the night before. Everyone said no.

Another experience which just happened to me a couple days ago. I woke up and could barely move. I tried to get up but I kept on slumping back onto my bed. I looked at my clock 2 times. The times were 12:19 and 3:16. I looked up the bible verses: 12:19 is "Do not take revenge, my dear friends, but leave room for God's wrath, for it is written: "It is mine to avenge; I will repay," says the Lord. 3:16 is "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life."

I think it might be my Grandpa that I never go to meet. I've had a dream once that I was in an all white room with no doors or windows. Then I saw a man with brown hair and a beard in a white robe. I asked my parents if I could see a picture of my grandpa. It looked almost exactly like him.

I don't know if I might have just been freaking myself out or dreaming but other little small things happen a lot. Like finding my grandpa's picture without trying or finding little stuff that he liked or used to be his.

If anyone knows what this might be please comment. Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ilight, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

A_A (1 stories) (37 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-16)
Ilight,
When you mentioned "I woke up and could barely move. I tried to get up but I kept on slumping back onto my bed."
How exactly was it like. Were you paralyzed, and if you tried moving you couldn't move your limbs all the way? Or every time you moved, you'd fall back down? Was it a heavy feeling?
I ask this because it does have a resemblance to sleep paralysis. Every time I successfully induce sleep paralysis it feels like i'm heavy, and if I try to move it would feel floppy and painful.
I do agree with Dreamer01 that you may be reading into things too much. If your Grandpa was trying to communicate with you, I think it would be in a way you would understand.
I do understand why you would want to find out if the time was significant to you, but sometimes they don't mean anything, and others do.
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+3
9 years ago (2015-09-16)
hi ilight,

I honestly believe that you are taking the numbers meaning something too seriously. If you try to read too deeply into things you will only stress yourself out. Try and go with your gut feelings and instinct. You will surprise yourself more and more. Keep a diary or journal, write down everything, dreams thoughts and all. You can then easily refer back to it to try and piece things together. Being a teenager is a somewhat challenging and confusing part of your life. Lighten up, enjoy it, cherish it. One day you will look back on it and have a good laugh.

peace 😊
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-16)
Ilight:

I ran out of time, earlier; now I'm finishing my lunch break, so I have a few minutes to develop further the point I had been making.

The "12:19" quote is from Paul's Epistle to the Romans, but HE is quoting the Book of Deuteronomy, Chapter 32, verse 25: "To me belongeth vengeance, and recompence; their foot shall slide in due time: for the day of their calamity is at hand, and the things that shall come upon them make haste" (I prefer the writing style in the King James over the NIV).

If we check Deuteronomy (The only Biblical book Jesus ever quoted, BTW) for 3:16, we get, "And unto the Reubenites and unto the Gadites I gave from Gilead even unto the river Arnon half the valley, and the border even unto the river Jabbok, which is the border of the children of Ammon;" this is part of the whole "don't trespass on the land of the Ammonites" following on from Deut. 2:37. It is practical advice, as the Ammonites had a heavily-fortified border, according to Numbers 21:24. Would this mean that God wanted you to avoid breaking-and-entering the homes of heavily-armed people, or -METAPHORICALLY- to avoid upsetting strangers by taking reasonable precautions?

If we stayed within the same book you started with, Romans, we are informed by 3:16 that no one is righteous, "Destruction and misery are in their ways" suggesting that wicked people are inclined to harm righteous people (deliberately, or by association). Do you have a friend or friends of whom your parents express disapproval? Does God want you to make better friends?

Yes, the examples I've used are stretches followed by relatively-reasonable interpretations of the texts. It is NEVER my intention to poke fun at anyone's sincere religious belief. (Hypocrites should beware, but good people who worship as they see fit are usually just that: good people.) My concern is that you've got a lot of data, you're trying to collect all of it into a single coherent pattern, and you've used logical non sequiturs to justify the connections.

Take a long, slow, deep breath and re-read what you wrote in your initial posting. Other than chronology (which can lead to "post hoc, ergo propter hoc" fallacies: "because this happened first, it MUST have caused what happened later") and coincidences, please, please, please try to identify the connections between these events, so you can explain them to us in a response.

I am concerned, as were you in your last paragraph, that "I might have just been freaking myself out or dreaming..."

Please let us know, and we'll all do what we can to help or to reassure you.
-Biblio.
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-16)
Ooohhh the bible verses meant the times on the clock, I get it now! Man I was confused.

Ilight, in all honesty this figure could have been anyone. So uhmm yeah keeping a journal is a good thing. So is trusting your feelings. Did the figure look like your Grandpa? I know the photo looked like the dream. How long ago was it after, or before the dream that you first saw the figure?

Err yeah need more details please and thank you. 😕
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
9 years ago (2015-09-16)
Biblio - doing a slow clap over here 😉 Thanks for bringing that up 😊
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+7
9 years ago (2015-09-16)
Hi, ilight:

One question is really troubling me; how did you know WHERE in the Bible to look? Each of the books of the Bible is divided into chapters and verses (except the one-chapter books: Obadiah, Philemon, 2nd John, 3rd John, and Jude). There are 5 books in the Jewish Bible, 72 in the Catholic Bible, 66 in the Protestant Bible (the Apocrypha's texts are omitted), an entire additional volume of Pseudepigraphia (including *probably* holy texts with the wrong author's name attached because people used to write "St. Paul" meaning "This is written in the style of religious teaching and admonishment employed by St. Paul, for we adhere very strictly to his teachings"). Skipping the Book of Mormon, Qu'ran, and other religious texts which ALSO incorporate sections of the above Bibles, that's still a great many books from which to select a 12th chapter and a 3rd chapter.

Please Clarify.
-Biblio.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: