You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Dark Green Aparition

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Green Aparition

 

I need help identifying something I saw around two years ago. I will describe the incident and two possible connected incidents following.

I had just returned from a 5 year active duty tour in the U.S. Army Infantry a few months prior. So naturally, I was in party mode. We decided to do a bit of drinking on Friday night and it carried into Saturday. There was a bit of small narcotic use but nothing major or harmful. (Mods please don't remove this for that statement I just want to be as exact as possible in case any small detail helps identify this thing.)

After a full 48 hours of sleep deprived fun, my fiance and I went to bed after my friends left. I finally shut my eyes and I felt her sit up and shout "What the f***?" I opened my eyes to see a dark green lanky skinny figure sitting on her side of the bed with its arm extended above us reaching for either her or myself (that's unclear). Every light in the one bedroom apartment was off so it was pitch black so I don't know if it emitted light or not. It had very long fingers almost like claws. I didn't bother looking for a face. I pulled her from the bed quickly as she was frozen scared, dragged her out of the house and we ran to a neighbor's. He was a good friend of mine and believed me and let us relax there for a while. We returned hours later and nothing else ensued until a few weeks later.

She sat up quickly and woke me with a shake and I awoke to see her sweating and panicked. She described to me as what we later found to know as sleep paralysis with a bit of research. The same thing happened to me around a week later and I immediately found us a new place to live. During the paralysis episode neither of us heard or saw anything, there's was just an overwhelming sense of fear. Around two months later I experienced this sleep paralysis again.

I opened my eyes as I was asleep on my mother's couch (I stayed the night only to help with maintenance around the house). I couldn't move, couldn't talk. My leg began to lift in the air, though I saw nor felt anything grabbing it. I asked God for help in my mind. Whether I closed my eyes and opened them or if I awoke from a dream is still very unclear.

I will now describe my two prior paranormal/religious experiences before all this.

When I was 8 years old I was involved in a near fatal car accident with my father whom I rarely saw. I was rushed to the hospital where I almost died. I fell unconscious immediately upon arrival to the ER. All I remember seeing was pitch black until a very tiny speck of light grew larger until a woman stepped out of it in an all white robe who I recognized as my grandmother who had died three years earlier in her sleep. She said nothing, she only extended her hand to me as if wanted me to go with her. I cried and shouted "No, I want my mom please!" She then stepped into the light and as it grew smaller my eyes opened to find myself staring into the operating table light.

I was on my first and last 12 month tour to Kandahar, Afghanistan. We had just came home from a three day mission where persistent fighting ensued. I went to sleep immediately after eating, cleaning my weapon, inspecting my soldiers' weapons and showering. I woke up sweating and breathing hard barely remembering what I had just dreamt. I pieced it back together after about 10 minutes.

I had a dream began with me looking down on myself from above, lying on a couch in what appeared to be an unfamiliar house or apartment. As my mother and grandmother (the one still living) stood over me asking if I was alright, I was persistently shouting and cursing at them. They left and a catholic priest walked in and opened a bible. (I'm not even Catholic, I'm baptist).

As he read in what sounded to be Latin, I began to yell a very long single yell that began as my own voice and slowly turned to a deep horrifying, beastly yell unlike anything I'd ever heard. The room began to vibrate violently and then so it my eyes, then ears, then whole body. It was such a violent vibrating, that that's what woke me up. The entire dream was viewed from a fixed point of view, from the ceiling looking down on myself laying the couch.

Ever since I returned home from overseas after having this dream and through all the other events, no matter where I am, I feel something watching me from behind. I don't know why but I feel like it's a black sort of mist in the farmers of the ciekings wherever I am when I picture it in my mind. (left as is; o/p may need to clarify)

Can anyone identify the green figure? Or give me some clarification to any of this? I just want to know what is going on and why I have felt this presence for the past few years. This is a genuine story and I have never really pieced it together or told anyone about it as a whole until now. Can anyone help me?

-Ryan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, RyanMaze, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Afraidnolonger (5 stories) (21 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-24)
Just wanted to say Thank you RyanMaze and Templar for your service! RyanMaze I have no answers for you but your accounts are very interesting. I hope you find some enlightenment on your experiences.
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-09-19)
Ryan,
Sorry, but I don't think I have any real answers to offer you. I don't think you both would have the same hallucination brought on by sleep deprivation, but I can't hazzard a guess as to what it is you saw.
RyanMaze (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
Thanks for the replies guys. And I rule out sleep deprivation solely because what are the odds we saw the same exact thing at the same time due because of sleep deprivation? Thanks for the responses.
Templar (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
I am also a combat veteran. When you return home you are open to attack and the alcohol and drugs don't help. First I have done three deployments to AFG and three to IRQ and I feel I adjusted back to life rather easily because I didn't drink and my mind could work through all the things I saw without interruption from drink. The one thing you have to understand is that your are seeking a reason for your experiences and the only answer is in the understanding of God and his plan for you. I am not talking about becoming a bible thumper, but gaining a greater understanding of how God works in this world. The dark side also wants you to fail. So the only true protection is in faith. You can read some of my stories. But I was also under attack and still occasionally am. But you are a special person now with an awareness that most people will never know and because of this the dark side wants to shut you down. If you need to talk more brother just comment me back. Also I found support in the Templar groups on facebook.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
Hi Ryan,

Before I get to the green figure (which I'm very intrigued about!) I want to address a concern.
I'm concerned you may be suffering from anxiety, possibly PTSD. You have been through a lot, both when you were younger surviving a traumatic event, and possibly in your adult life in service to your country. While it's a very real possibility you have something lurking behind you and giving you disturbing dreams, it also could be due to anxiety. Or even a bit of both, a negative entity being drawn to someone coping with a lot of stress. If this were happening to me, I would first rule out all possible physical causes. I know this is pretty obvious stuff to suggest, but wanted to mention it anyway. Because I know stress can camouflage even the most obvious explanations.

Onto the green figure, WOW! Ok, I've seen something which sounds mighty like what you described, except it was white or off-white, not green. I was about 4 or 5, no narcotics or alcohol consumed. Ok my parents smoke weed, but not me when I was that age! Now, if I'd woken up with something like that stooped over me in bed I probably would have wanted to flee the scene too! But for my experience I was more intrigued and fascinated so I watched this apparition interact with one of my toys. It never did anything to me and I only saw it the once. It may have been responsible for altering the functioning of my toy. If you're interested here's the story:
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=22337
As yours was green, and you guys were massively sleep deprived, and mine 'fixed' a toy, I'm wondering if yours was attempting to 'heal' you both. Green is associated with health in some cultures. I don't know, it may have been evil and trying to do something horrible! But the fact you were both exhausted and you'd both taken a physical hit from alcohol and whatever else, just maybe, this entity was attempting to 'fix' you, replenish your energy levels or the like. Based on my bizarre stick figure that was pretty interested in how my toy functioned.

I'm adding your story to my faves cause these lanky odd figure apparitions fascinate me!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
Editor's Note: Clarification has been made on the sentence in question. It should read as follows: "...corners of the ceilings wherever I am..."

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: