You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Barnstorm Kashmir

Real Ghost Stories

Barnstorm Kashmir

 

During this summer vacation -- back in Kashmir -- every morning we would get up to hear the latest lowdown about Abdullah, the ghost in our neighbor's newly built home. My sis would religiously narrate the Jinn's slate of activities from the previous day. She would in turn get the dope straight from the horse's mouth - that is - lady of the haunted house.

Anyone who visited my neighbors' home would ostensibly find his/her shoes/sandals/floaters instantly thrown out of the place. The Jinn - they named him Abdullah -- seemed to harbor some kind of a strong revulsion for the footwear, I was told. In my characteristic style, I tried to rubbish the supernatural claims until my neighbor himself confided in me about the strange paranormal occurrence. He even invited me to witness the spectacle - shoes flying off - which I politely declined. On a personal note, I am a little scared of these phantoms, which tease at will.

A significant part of our idle talk invariably used to center around Abdullah, the boot hater. My pals -- Wasy, Raj and Salus -- were all curious, like me for the latest ghostly update. Stories like the Jinn swinging doors at odd hours or digging up the lawn at midnight or talking in eerie voices continued to come. Frankly I'd get goose bumps. The last I've heard -- on phone -- is that Abdullah has started talking in some exotic language and he still continues to chuck shoes out of the beautiful one-story house of my good neighbor.

Ever heard of a spick and span spook! Happens in Kashmir, only.

Sameer

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sam, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Preeti (100 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-27)
Jinn does exactly like kids,,,,they can change themselves in many avtars...and who so ever is kind to him he will help and protect them...be carefull...he can be dangerous too...to impress him take some sweets and keep it where he is mostly active...

God bless ❤
VivekThekote (1 stories) (105 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-07-02)
Hi Sameer,

Thanks for the story your name means cool breeze. Human body are made up of five elements but jinn's body are made up of one element fire due to which they tend to be angry.

Abdullah the jinn in your story may be he have died at a very young age or somebody during the ancient times would have called him for his personal purpose due to which he is living here. Jinn's are good as well as wicked.

It may be Jinn, Demons, Monsters, Humans or any animate objects everybody has to bow down to the command of God nobody is above him if he wishes he may send the jinn back to the other world. God Bless you & your family.
scaryboy (2 stories) (117 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-31)
its really tickling and scary experience to you when in the border of our country and which part of kashmir you belong to?
Scary boy
succubiluv (1 stories) (365 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2008-12-07)
A spic- and -span spook? HA HA HA!
I'd love to watch those shoes go aflyin'!

😆
mitaalee (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-09-08)
hi sameer,
That sounds like an interesting experience. I am working for a tv show on d similar lines. Would like to interview you on d same (footage to be included in d show). Would be glad if you get in touch with me through my email mitaalinag [at] gmail.com

Thanks.
Mitaalee
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-05-13)
that's funny lol

I like how he has a weird hatred against shoes lol.

thanks for the story

god bless
whitebuffalo (guest)
-1
16 years ago (2007-12-08)
Hi Sam. I have heard that in naming a Jinn you grant it more power than it already has. As well as jesting with it. Jinn's are not to be "messed with", this is not personal experience speaking. I am only sharing what I have been warned. I agree with what Abby says. Some of us who have a connection with ghosts do try to free them, others of us do not know how. But there is a certain amount of respect given to the unexplained. Thank you for sharing your story.
Abby (710 posts)
-1
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
Dear Sam,

Whatever one's belief, Jinns or not, an uninvited guest is still an uninvited guest. Personally, I do not relish using other people's negative situations as fodder for my own entertainment or another's entertainment, whether it be a story, gossip and the like. I don't feel it necessary to help the Jinn or the like out by adding to the negativity of the situation. Instead, I look for a solution to help those in such negative life situations and experiences.

I wish to be a part of the "soul"ution, not a part of the problem. It is my hope you will choose the same and choose to be a good neighbor. The use of spic and span is best used to clean out our own home first and then, help those we can along the way to clean out theirs, especially cleaning out "Abdullah's".

Blessings, Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: