You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Cheeky Spirit? Shadow People!

Real Ghost Stories

Cheeky Spirit? Shadow People!

 

After many months of enjoying YGS stories and banter I guess it is time to relay some of my own experiences. I could safely say I think that you could describe me as a sceptic on many things, but I consider myself to be open minded as well and ready to learn something new and grow.

I have worked in health care for many years, have seen and experienced things most people would not have. From time to time I wonder why I, being surrounded by misery and death, have not had an avalanche of unusual or, unexplainable experiences. I think I had one around 6-7 months ago at work.

All responsible and well trained health care workers know how important it is to wash your hands after doing any task. So, I am standing in the hallway at the hand basin doing just that. After about 20 secs, I feel like someone is blowing warm air on the back of my neck. Straight away I turn about to see who the joker is but there is no one there. I finished washing and drying my hands and feeling slightly shocked and rather bemused.

I checked the rooms behind me to the left and right. They were both unoccupied at the time and the windows where closed with no drafts ensuing from them. I checked the immediate area, ceilings etc. But could not come up with any rational explanation.

The only thing that popped into my head was the image of the previous occupant of one of the rooms standing behind me having a laugh which is what they were like.

Fast forward from that day just a couple of months.

I am walking to work early one morning, it is still dark and not much of anything is stirring. I used to walk past a church but on the opposite side of the road. I think it is little used these days as the priests' residence next to it is all boarded up. It has a reasonable sized car park on the right if you are looking at the front of it.

So I am walking and the church is now on my right over the road when all of a sudden out the corner of my right eye I see what appears to be a dark human figure running across the car park, left to right.

I managed to track it for 2-3 secs until it appeared to go straight into the brick wall of the property next door.

I felt quite stunned and still do when I think of it. Arms swinging, legs moving and head turning forward as if it had been watching me or something. I never witnessed that shadow there again and now I don't need to go past there so early in the morning. I have heard of shadow people many times but never actually thought I would see it for myself or, did I?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, dreamer01, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zeromaru (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-07)
Thank you for sharing!
The title of your story made me think of a shadow people dancing away as it fade. 😆
Interesting experience!
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-30)
hi nosidaM, why do you say that? Incase you don, t know I have openly stated on this site that I am a skeptic and it will take something pretty amazing to convince me otherwise but, I am open minded too.
there are two other strange happenings that I have had, one recent and the other along time ago. It is probably time to put forward the latest one, stay tuned! 😊
nosidaM (3 stories) (34 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-25)
Thanks for sharing Dreamer, I have been hoping you would post something! 😊
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-19)
I still feel quite stunned that I saw that dark running figure.

A few hours after the blowing on my neck episode I happened to mention it to one of my co workers that I thought would be a definite non believer. It turns out that she is a believer. We where talking in the hallway of another wing and she said that she had a white spirit walk straight past her almost exactly where we were standing. She also tells me that quite often she feels people walking behind her. I get that same feeling almost on a daily basis. Just the other day someone said they saw the spirit of a tall man wearing a blue shirt get up from a bed and walk backward and disappear into a wall.
Silentwings (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-19)
That had to be freaky as all get out, I don't know how I would have reacted. 😲
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
Dreamer, thanks for sharing this.

I don't know what the heck you saw running into the wall, but I'm guessing a semi-manifested human 'prankster' ghost. The way you described it running sounds pretty creepy to me!

There's a fair few stories from healthcare workers on here. I love reading these because I have a wonderful family member who works in this field. Who also happens to be the definition of nonbeliever. She don't believe in nuttin!
So often she scoffs at her coworkers' odd little happenings around the workplace. Oh well. 😕
I can just imagine some ghosts blowing on workers to get their attention. I'm sure I've read similar things on here with this field. Seems to attract some cheeky buggers.😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: