You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost (s) In My House!?!

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost (s) In My House!?!

 

Most of these stories seem like they start with..."I've always been interested in the paranormal...", but I have not been. I'm a fifty year old man, happily married with a great job. I'm a Christian and I play drums in a Christian rock group. OK, straight to the story.

I retired from the US Army in 2008. My last duty station was at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington DC. I hated the city life. So, when I retired my wife and I found a home in Tennessee, virtually in the middle of nowhere.

My ghost story begins about four years ago. My wife and I were laying in bed, about to go to sleep, when we both heard footsteps coming from upstairs. We are the only two living in the house, we have dogs and two cats, but the cats sleep outside and the dogs stay in our bedroom at night. We laughed it off and went to sleep.

About a week later, we were again laying in the bed when I hear a woman's voice come from above the bed. I couldn't understand what it said, and it lasted about 2 to 3 seconds. My first inclination was to ask my wife if she had heard the voice, but she beat me to it. She too had heard the disembodied voice/sound, whatever it was. She validated that it was indiscernible, that it was a woman's voice and from which the voice emanated.

Not too long after that, once again, while in bed, but this time asleep, in the middle of the night, something bangs on our bedroom door very loudly. In fact, it was so load that it shook our bed. BANG, BANG, BANG! Three very distinct and loud knocks. That scared both of us. I jumped up and the behest of my wife, grabbed our 357 and went about the house looking for, what I knew was nothing, nothing tangible anyway. I found nothing!

For about two weeks we had noticed that our oldest dachshund had began acting strangely. He would run out of the house when we tried to leave, and when we caught him and put him back in and closed the door, we could hear him barking and scratching the door.

Our daughter and her husband had recently moved out, and we thought that he was acting that way because he missed our daughter. Also, one of our cats would go upstairs and make this strange meow sound while sitting on the ledge of the short-wall. He would do this between 7 and 7:30 each night. He would do this for about 20 minutes, or until I went up and made him stop.

After hearing the banging, I decided to take matters into my own hands and rebuke whatever it was in the Name of Jesus. So, one morning after coming home from the night shift, I went about the house, with my Bible, reading scripture and rebuking it. After that, nothing else happened.

About a year passed and my daughter moved back in with us. My son-in-law had enlisted in the Air Force and was due to leave in a month. Four nights after they moved in, I was laying in the bed (starting to notice a pattern by now), and I was almost asleep, when I hear, through my pillow, a woman's voice say "Hey", as if to get my attention. It made me awaken immediately and I lay there wondering whether or not I had dreamed it. I went to the bathroom, let the dogs out, and back in, then laid back down. Almost immediately I hear the same voice, same word and through my pillow again. I suspected a prank so I got up and woke my daughter up and told her about the experience. But it was not a joke. I had actually heard a voice through my pillow, not once, but twice! And it was at that point that I had no doubt that there was something else after life. This time, just like the last time, I went about the house praying and rebuking whatever it was. However we would soon learn that my prayer this time hadn't worked.

My wife and I began to wonder if this activity was related to our daughter living in our house. I confronted her and asked her if she had ever been involved in anything like witchcraft or played with a Ouija board. She denied any such activity, but she did open up and begin to tell me things that she had been experiencing.

She said that she had been hearing voices for quite some time and it usually occurs while she is trying to go to sleep. She said that the voices asked her to do things, like call someone, tell someone something... I don't recall any specifics, except one. She said that she was driving down the road and she heard a voice tell her to run off the road and hit a tree. I began to suspect that she was schizophrenic. She was 25 years old which is about the time the disease usually begins to rear its ugly head. I talked her into going to the doctor, which she did. The doctor said that she thinks my daughter had schizophrenia.

About a month after my daughter moved in, she gave birth to our second grandkid. A few days after her coming home, I was, AGAIN laying in my bed at about 10:45, when I heard a voice. I did not understand what it said, but it sounded like it said, "F*** the maybe... Or lady or something akin. I woke my wife up asking her if she had heard it, she said that she hadn't.

The next day, I was at work, and I got a text from my daughter informing me that the night before, she had seen an apparition for the first time. She said that it was a white, slightly glowing mist which was between her in the bed and the baby's bed. I asked her what time it happened and she said almost immediately after going to bed. My next question was what time did you go to bed? She said about 10:45. In an instant, I knew what the last word the voice I had heard the night before had said..."baby". My wife and I both work at the same healthcare facility, and I saw her and told her about the connection and she turned white as a ghost and literally fainted on spot.

There were so many instances of voices or sounds while my daughter lived in our house that I had become insensitive to it. The funny thing was though, after hearing the banging on our bedroom door, my wife was never present when the sounds/voices occurred again, to this day. We began to notice that our oldest dog, Rebel, a wired haired Dachshund, who had slept in our bed with us since he was a pup, began sleeping in the bathroom.

One night my wife grabbed her cell phone and took some random pictures and some video while we were laying in bed and she caught what looks to be an orb flying out of the bathroom and over our bed into the wall. The orb was moving really fast and you could hear a swishing sound as it passed the phone. The next morning she took some still photos of our bed and caught numerous orbs over our bed.

My daughter and our two grandkids moved to Mississippi, to join her husband who had recently arrived at his first duty station. I had expected all Hell to break loose when she left, because of the experiences we had had before after they moved out. But, nothing happened for about a year.

My wife and one of her girlfriends went to visit my son who is also in the Air Force, stationed in Ohio, at the time. It was dark outside and I was watching "The Internship" starring Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn. I was sitting in my recliner, and Rebel was laying, stretched out on the couch. There is a point in the movie where the two stars are laying in bed together, discussing something. All of a sudden to my left and slightly behind me, I hear laughter begin. At first it was faint, but it got louder until I could tell that it sounded like a man laughing like a little kid. I was frozen! I noticed that when the laughing got its loudest that Rebel jumped to his feet and looked in the direction the laughter was coming. The laughing then go quieter until it stopped. The whole experience lasted about 6 seconds. I rewound the movie on my DVR just to make sure that it wasn't the movie, and when I heard zero laughter from the movie, I jumped up and ran out the back door. I called my wife and told her about it, because I had to tell someone so that it was real to me. Eventually I gained my courage back and went back in. But I never did finish watching that movie. I slept fine that night, after praying for a very long time.

The next morning I was getting ready to go to church and I was sitting where everyone usually sits in the bathroom, wiping the sleep out of my eyes, when I heard three knocks coming from the closet door in the bathroom. The knocks were hard and rapid. I only hoped that when I opened the door that I would find one of our cats, but as I suspected, no cat. I lost my mind at that point shouting profanity laced with scripture and spiritual rebukes.

Once again, the activity was tied to a visit from my daughter. She had come to our house and stayed a few days and left with my wife going to our old home in Texas, where family is. While there, my daughter met one of my wife's sister's friends, who claimed to be a medium. She told my daughter, unsolicited, that she had a trickster that was following her around.

When my wife returned from Texas, I asked her to pray because whatever it was wasn't responding to my prayers. The activity continues, and usually occurs either while my daughter is here, or after she leaves. Recently I noticed that Rebel wasn't sleeping in the bed again and that he was acting like he was experiencing separation anxiety, just like before, running out the door when we would go somewhere. And while we were in the house, he stayed right by my side. I asked my wife to pray while I sat in the car. She did so, and when we came back, Rebel was fine.

Today is Wednesday September 16, 2015. My daughter just visited for this past weekend and left Sunday. Yesterday, I was standing in the kitchen at the sink, when behind me I hear a cat meow. It was clearly a cat meowing. I know that beyond a shadow of a doubt. The only problem is... We don't have cats any more. One of them died not far from our house and the other was given away. I don't know what to expect next.

At some point in the past I thought that these occurrences were benign and not dangerous. I don't think that way now. Even as I sit in our 15 year old house, with no history whatsoever, typing this story, I have heard two sounds that I can't explain. There have been so many more things that have happened, but for brevity of this story, I excluded them. I just want it to stop!

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Tennessee

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sfcsmoker, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

logan (3 stories) (222 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-24)
Jut my two cents - seems like in the beginning (of the noises/activity) you and your wife both seemed to be able to feel/hear 'it'. As your story continued, I notice that your wife seems to have lesser and lesser experiences. I wonder if that is perhaps because she doesn't pay as much attention to it as you (which is what 'it' would be after - attention?)

It almost seems like the noises started to bother you too much to the point where 'it' managed to get reactions from you (like reading scriptures, reciting prayers...etc) From reading your story I did not feel like whatever it is, it’s probably only after some attention and not looking to harm (at least I hope). Like some of them have suggested - maybe try cleansing your house before and after your daughters next visit. Also could you try and ignore the smaller incidents for a while... Like noises, movements... Just wonder if it will die down if you ignored it for a bit.

Let’s hope it all fizzles out soon.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-22)
Mayamie made a good point. You and your daughter have both heard voices. Does your daughter have problems if she hasn't been around your house for awhile?

I think you really need to be cautious when dealing with what's in your house. My philosophy is show no fear but don't "poke the bear". Raising your voice and using profanity is not a good idea.
mayamie (12 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-22)
Strange that you suspect your daughter of having schizophrenia, I guess because she is hearing voices. But wait, you're also hearing voices too.

Always the trickster wants to divide the love and trust between family members. Next time you rebuke this "thing" make sure you do it together with your daughter by your side. Do not let this thing divide or cause mistrust in your family.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-09-21)
Spockie - kind of curious here. What would be the "gifts of the Spirit" you are referring to?
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-21)
Additionally, do NOT try to communicate with these things or record them and don't get involved with mediums. These things will only make things much, much worse. If you know a truly Spirit filled Christian with the gifts of the Spirit operating in their life, I would get them involved.
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-21)
Since you are a Christian and you play in a Christian band, I am going to talk to you like a Christian. First of all, whatever is going on in your house is not human, departed spirits. It is demon activity and it obviously is connected to your daughter somehow. It is possible that she did not tell you the whole truth about possible involvement with the occult or perhaps because she is schizophrenic, the spirits connected with that disease are manifesting themselves. My suggestion is try to ignore these things as much as you possibly can. Any attention given to them, any at all, gives them more power. I would do a lot of scripture reading and singing praise songs in the house, especially those that reference the Holy Spirit, and cut out the profanity for goodness sake. You of all people should know better than that. Focus on God and his promises never to leave you or forsake you and how evil cannot touch you. Do some scripture searches and memorize verses pertaining to these things. Recite the 23rd psalm and especially Psalm 91 and remember that "Greater is He that is in you than He that is in the world. "
valkricry (49 stories) (3268 posts) mod
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-19)
sfcsmoker,
If I am understanding the pattern properly, the activity takes place in your home after your daughter visits? It could be that 'it' absorbs energy during your daughter's stay. Fortunately there seems to be little more to this activity than sound. Not down-playing how nerve racking that can be though.
Don't buy the first diagnosis of schizophrenia for your daughter. Have these voices told her to harm herself or others more than the one time? I just feel a second professional opinion is in order. Especially since there are gaps surrounding the circumstances when she was told to run into that tree: What was her emotional status at the time? What was going on in her life? It could have been a one time negative remark made. Note, from what you told us, she didn't do it. Has her husband noticed anything amiss with her?
You might try cleansing your home, or having it blessed by your faith. Heck, I've done both.
razorback95 (2 stories) (48 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-19)
First off, I want to thank you sir for your service in the military! Thank you and the other veterans and enlisted members of this site and everywhere! But back to your experiences this spirit does indeed seem to have a connection between you and your daughter. I agree with tweeds explanation. It is rather disturbing that they entity is making almost a mocking suggestion at the fact it watches you sleeping. I just recently had an occurrence which shook me some too. I ended up using a lot of holy water and mixed christian cleansing with new age practice. I'm a christian also I said prayers and used holy water. It calmed down some but didn't stop. I used new age methods WITH holy water and prayer and I haven't had any issues sense. My advice is to fully believe in whatever method you use. If you doubt it may very well not work. But also I advise reaching out to different methods of cleansing too.

Thank you for sharing and please keep us updated!
Regards,
Razor.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-19)
Sfcsmoker,

I had the same reaction as Miracles about your story. The beginning actually gave me the impression the woman you heard (noting BOTH of you heard her) was trying to warn you both about something or someone. Then, things progressed. To a point someone singled you out and only YOU were the one to experience something strange. This sounds like separate ghosts to me.

A good friend of mine (also from Texas) and I used to be acquaintances. Would you believe we've since bonded because of a very similar haunting. Like with you, we couldn't pin point any house history or attribute any links whatsoever. We did eventually figure out why it happened to both of us. Turns out we have a lot in common, spiritually, but I doubt our link applies to you as a Christian.
Like you, we tried everything to get rid of it. Myself, as a non-religious person, even tried reading parts of the bible (my lovely Christian friends helped me on that front). One friend gave a lend of a family bible and I kept it open beside the bed. I tried it all! All this, as well as my more 'new age' approach helped to calm things significantly. But it would eventually came back. I don't think the entity which harassed us is the same type you're dealing with. BUT it has the same level of dedication and has proved itself to be persistent.
Schizophrenia is something to rule out. But there's something about the timing of your experience, with your daughter's, which seems suspiciously paranormal to me. Please keep the lines of communication open with her. Have you both discussed the voices you've heard? Do they sound like the same voice (s)?
It seems to me the activity increases around the times your daughter visits/stays because this individual is excited by her presence. I can't tell you how much this disturbs me. But what disturbs me even more than that is the laugh you heard during the movie. It sounded so deliberate and I can't shake the feeling the individual was making an association between what was on the screen with what it does; watch you and your wife in bed!

Have you spoken to anyone from your church about this? Have you and your wife thought of having your home blessed by someone from the church?
We used a new age based method to get rid of ours. But bottom line is, however you handle this you must be comfortable with the methods you apply.

Please keep us updated and ask any questions. Wish you all the best with this. It is NOT forever!
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
sfcsmoker - knew I had at least one more comment. The first part of your story didn't make me think there was anything that bad going on. It sounded as if someone was just trying to get your attention, trying to let you know they were there. Maybe when you went off on them, it...mmm...annoyed them and they responded the same way.

Back to the schizophrenic diagnosis. Schizophrenia and trickster: two completely different things. Guess you have to decide who to believe.
Templar (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
I am a combat vet and also have those same experiences but they got really started after I had children. I went through all the stages you did and did massive amounts of research learning about it. First, prayer and all that are good if you have steadfast faith. But we all waiver at times. Secondly I don't believe that ghosts are around much. These are evil spirits that can take any form, much like Jesus cast into the pig. Third, and this is the only way to get rid of them, love and compassion in your heart, and basic non-reaction ignoring. If you are strong in your love of your daughter and have deep compassion for her, and help and talk to her they will go away. If they bang or knock ignore it, don't react and they will get bored. The more you react the more energy they have. They can't hurt you. Every night since I can remember there is a knock, tap tap, something drops, a crack, a voice, a huff, sigh so on, but just ignore it. I think they are especially interested in military because we are so tuned in and aware. Be strong, confident, in faith, God, love and compassion. Comment back if you want to talk more.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+4
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
sfcsmoker - I think I have other comments, but first I want to address this. If the doctor thinks your daughter is schizophrenic, is she being treated? If she has schizophrenia, it would be obvious in other places than just your home. Has your son-in-law ever said he has noticed anything?

The schizophrenic diagnosis bothers me because one of my closest family members said the same to me when I went to him after having a vision. And I'm not 😆
matsaw (2 stories) (38 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-09-18)
Your situation seems to be the perfect storm for setting up audio and video equipment in an attempt to catch these spirits in the act. If you choose to do so, please keep us updated, really liked this story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: