You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Strange Whispers In My Room

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Whispers In My Room

 

I am 17 years old. My family and I have recently moved into our new house about a month ago. The last family that lived in the house says it's haunted. They say they heard strange noises coming from upstairs, like footsteps, shadows, and black figures standing in front of windows. For example, my friend, which lived at the house before we did, and her aunt says they were outside and her aunt happened to look up and saw a human black figure standing at a window looking at them. They said it freaked them both out. None of the family members would sleep or even go upstairs...

So, sometime last month I decided to take a nap in my bedroom, which is upstairs. I woke up because I heard whispering. I thought it was my younger siblings sneaking up on me. I sat up in bed, looked around and saw nothing. I got out of bed and looked around my whole room to see if my siblings were hiding from me, but nothing. I opened my door, walked across the hall to my brothers' room and noticed they were fast asleep. And I heard my sister downstairs talking to my parents. Come to find out, no one was in my room, at least I don't think anyone was...

The family that lived here before we did had two deaths, both of the grandparents. The grandparents lived with them in this house. I was thinking it may be one of the grandparents, but they say they heard and seen things before the grandparents passed away.

It kind of freaked me out, but it really didn't bother me that much. I may have been hallucinating, but it sounded so human-like...so REAL!

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LittleBlackStar, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2015-10-10)
L.B.S.:

The family who lived in the house before you moved in must have had amazing psychic and physical abilities: "they heard...footsteps, shadows, and black figures standing in front of windows."

Has anyone else on Y.G.S. Experience psychic synaesthesia? Hearing shadows is fantastical at best, but hearing in color is astonishing.

-Biblio
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-09-30)
Hi, Littleblackstar... My question is you are only one in your family seeing and feeling things? House must have some bad history, try to find out.
dsilcox (2 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-09-29)
I know it's freaky, but it sounds like these ghosts are not trying to hurt you. My parents house is haunted and I have had many conversations with entities in the room. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: