You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Warning Burn

Real Ghost Stories

The Warning Burn

 

I am a 35 year old married mother of two children. We live in Hot Springs, Arkansas, where we moved with my in-laws about six years ago. We moved here from Seattle, WA where I was born and raised, because my in-laws inherited some apartment complexes, and we decided to relocate and run the apartments as a family.

On Saturday, April 18, 2015, we were taking care of my in-laws' house while they were out of town. They have three dogs and we stay there to care for them.

In the lower level of their home they have an apartment that they rent to a tenant named Bill who has lived there longer than they have. On that Saturday night, I went outside and downstairs to have a cigarette. Bill's girlfriend Jenny was visiting him, and she was having a cigarette on the patio, so we ended up talking for quite a while. She was very upset because her middle son (she has four kids) who is only about 7 years old, had been attacking Jenny and her other kids. I've known this boy for YEARS and this was VERY out of character for him.

I could tell she was feeling me out, figuring out how much she should tell me. Finally, she came out and said it. Her son Johnny who had been attacking and biting and scratching everyone, had been telling her that a little boy and little girl tell him to do these things. They visit him at night. They're his friends. At the same time, her oldest son, Justin, who is 12, had been seeing a tall shadow, like a cowboy, at night. Justin told his mom the scary man is named Lucas. Johnny also told his mom that the little boy is named Luke.

I have friends in the psychic community, and I know I'm strong enough to do a cleansing on a home and seal the property, so I offered to do that for her. She seemed relived that she found help, and I was glad to help any way I could. My in-laws came home that evening, and I was anxious to sleep in my own bed.

We went home, and I sent a message about Jenny's problem to a group of intuitives I belong to on Facebook. I asked for any advice, and generally I will get TONS of positive responses. This time, only a couple people commented, and they all seemed pretty uneasy about me going anywhere near the house. One person was adamant that I stay away from the home AND the family. I decided to sleep on it, and went to bed.

The Warning Burn 1

The Warning Burn 2

The next morning, Sunday, April 19, my hubby and kids let me sleep in. Around 11am, I suddenly felt like someone was burning my arm with a cigarette, or a curling iron. It REALLY BURNED! I jumped out of bed, and searched EVERYWHERE, but there was NO explanation. Nobody was in the room with me. Then I went to the restroom and looked at my arm. There, clear as day, were four red finger marks. Inside the first mark was a welt where the pointer finger had burned my skin.

Since that day, I have spoken to Jenny and am trying to get her some help. The two occasions we had planned for me to visit the property didn't happen. First because of car troubles, then because some of Jenny's family showed up unexpectedly. Since I have backed off a bit, I haven't had any more harmful activity.

I will send the pictures of my arm to accompany my story. You tell me. Was this a warning? It feels that way to me...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MorganaBrookfire, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

DirtCreature (guest)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-29)
[at] H2olily, let's hope that barrier doesn't! There's a video game called Beyond Two Souls where the scientists destroy the barrier and all hell breaks loose o.o Er let's pray that never happens...

A burned apparition? That's so sad: (I suppose this entity is really unhappy that you tried to get it to leave. I wonder if it feeds on the energy of the kids or just wants to bother them for some reason... And it took you as invading its territory in a sense. I suppose it wouldn't be a bad idea for the family to do a cleansing... Better in a group than alone right? I think it's important that the family do cleansings of their home and stand their ground. Tell that entity that they live in that home and to stop bothering their children. There's only so much you can do for them.
H2olily (5 stories) (158 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-28)
Whoa! It's like the barrier between the material and spiritual dimension is vanishing. CERN? Hope everyone will be okay.
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-27)
Hi Morgana - any updates? That sounds like a whole pack of fairly nasty spirits. Maybe a bit of research on the history of the site could help you and/or whoever goes up against them. Could there have been a fire there? Even in a previous structure on or near the property?

I hope you and your family are doing all right and no further attacks on you have occurred!
Minxiekitten (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-04)
Good grief, this doesn't sound at all pleasant to have experienced! I'm agreeing with previous posters who feel the burns were a warning. I definitely don't doubt your strength and ability at evil-rump-punting, but might I suggest seeing if you can get someone to work alongside you? Safety in numbers and all. Good luck with whatever you choose to do, please keep us updated!
MorganaBrookfire (1 stories) (4 posts)
+3
7 years ago (2016-12-01)
UPDATE: Jenny, the mother who asked for my help informed me that her oldest son has seen this entity more clearly, and he looks like he has been burned all over his body. I had NOT told her about the incident of being burned because I didn't want to frighten her more. This just adds a whole new level of CREEPY!
Revajane (1 stories) (71 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-17)
Pandora have you reread your comments they are condescending and rude. Sleep paralysis has scientific proof but it can also be Spiritual as well. I myself have experienced it. Just because you have not does not anything just that you have not experienced it.

Reread before you post and see if you think your posting comes off as harsh or rude then edit. To me they are coming off as very rude & condescending like you are the ultimate authority on the subject and every one should believe you, at least on this thread.
DirtCreature (guest)
+8
7 years ago (2016-11-15)
Someone isn't automatically a troll for saying that sleep paralysis is not always supernatural. I do agree that sleep paralysis is used by entities to take advantage of the living whether that is positive, negative, or neutral. I just think that the people on here were trying to state that sleep paralysis is not always supernatural. Generally the body has a built in system that keeps us paralyzed so we don't act out our dreams or accidentally hurt ourselves. That fails for some people which is why sleep walking and sleep scratches can happen. Sometimes there is a malfunction and people do wake up before their body is able to move again. I like RC have had that happen where there was nothing around me having sleep paralysis. I was just frozen and like "not this again" still half dreaming. However, I have had spirits use my dreams to communicate with me.

Dreams are similar to sp. Some dreams are premonitions or used by spirits so they can contact the living but not all dreams are this. Some dreams are silly and random like talking furniture. Plus I never saw one single comment that said that what you experienced wasn't real. No one said that and if I missed it and a person has said that to you, I am sorry if anyone invalidated your experience. As far as I read, everyone was just explaining that sp happens as a normal occurring function and not EVERY experience in sleep is supernatural/spiritual.

I think it should be addressed that this website is filled with many different people from different backgrounds and belief systems. Some people have posted ufo stories or faeries and some of the people on here just don't believe in that stuff. It is best to just agree to disagree. If a person responds on a story "huh that was probably sp" and you don't feel that way, just ignore it. It's just an opinion.
I hope that is as clear as it can possibly be. I mean no offense.

This comment from Pandora_PDX is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+6
7 years ago (2016-11-15)
[at] Pandora: Sleep paralysis has been scientifically explained. Whether that explanation applies in every case is a separate question.

I've experienced, more than once, waking up, becoming alert, but being unable to move. There were no ghostly entities, orbs, shadows, etc. Around me. I felt nothing threatening in the room. I was just paralyzed upon waking directly from a dream state.

Your experience was different from mine.

This comment from Pandora_PDX is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+4
7 years ago (2016-11-12)
An important part of staying safe, and alive, is knowing when you are in over your head.

A coworker, finding out my interest in ghostly things, told me she thought her apartment was haunted and she had some EVPs which she played for me. The story is hers, so hopefully she will tell it, but I never set foot on the property after reading the police logs for the apartment complex where she lived at the time, and listening to those EVPs.

Seek help from your circle of experts and heed their advice.
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+2
7 years ago (2016-11-12)
Been there done that. I would back off and find someone else to help her.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
Morgana,
You said that you have friends in the psychic community. Reach out for help getting rid of these entities. I'm not trying to imply you aren't strong enough to take care of this yourself but if one of these entities followed you home and burned you, it may be a warning. Besides the more psychic energy the better to kick evils ass. Make sure these entities don't move upstairs to your in-laws place, cleanse and shield their place first with whatever method you use.
Special blessings and luck to you.
Red
MorganaBrookfire (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
I will absolutely keep you informed. I am personally prepared to fight, however, I'm a mother, and have two young children, one intuitive, one not, to worry about... The intuitive one has had encounters that concern me deeply. He's a good soul, but he's seen what I've seen only recently, and it's NOT GOOD.
MorganaBrookfire (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
Sheetal, I have to say, I agree. The more they put me off, the more I felt like I MUST be a threat. If I am who I'm starting to realize I am, I have the power to stop them. Any time I can kick evil ass, I will do so!
MorganaBrookfire (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
Thank you for your comments! I DID reply to the email regarding my story with the pictures of my arm, and in fact resent the email to make sure it went through. If there is another email I should send them to, please let me know, I'd be more than happy. You really do need to see my arm with this story...
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-30)
MorganaBrookfire... This is spooky story... I think it is a sort of warning to you... And that entities must be vulnerable... I think you should fight with this situation and help that family... Just my humble advice
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-09-29)
morganabrookfire - oh lordy, what an experience you had. My gut tells me that, s a warning but I am glad you are still trying to help out some way. Please keep us informed.

Thanks for sharing. 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
9 years ago (2015-09-29)
MorganaBrookfire - I wasn't sure if you had attached the pictures or were going to provide a link (i.e., photobucket) so I went ahead and published your story.

Have you or your family experienced anything in your home prior to this experience?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: