You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Ouija Board / Seances :: My Mother's Ouija Board Experience

Real Ghost Stories

My Mother's Ouija Board Experience

 

I got the go-ahead from my mother to share her one and only Ouija board experience with the users of this site. It's not a terrifying or huge event, though I do think it's worth posting. Sorry it's a bit short but here it is.

When my mother was around fifteen or sixteen, she went over to a friend's house to hang out. Once she got there, she found out that some of the people there were planning on "playing" with a Ouija board. Being sensitive to those sort of things (the ladies in my family are a bit spiritual and believe in the supernatural), she decided to sit out the game and not get involved.

Shortly after the group started, someone asked "What do you want?". From where my mother stood, she saw the planchette begin to move. It slowly spelled out Y-O-U-R-F-R-I-E-N-D. The group didn't know what it meant by this, so they asked "Who do you want?" The planchette moved again, this time spelling out U-R-S-U-L-A. My mother's first name. Not many people knew it because she usually just went by her nickname, Tula. It was a bit odd to her that her peers were using her real name.

Not thinking it was something other worldly, she honestly thought that they were teasing her, she walked over to the board and without touching anything, she smugly told her friend, who was playing, to ask "What am I getting my boyfriend for Valentine's Day?". She hadn't shared the answer to the question with anyone, let alone anybody in the room. She thought that would put a stop to their kidding and begun to walk away, when suddenly, the planchette started to move. It moved from letter to letter spelling out R-O-S-E-S.

Thinking this was a generic answer, she told them to ask how many and it then spelled out S-I-X. That was the correct answer. She was going to get her boyfriend one rose for every month they had been dating. This scared her so badly that she left right then and never went back to that house.

Other hauntings by Afraidnolonger

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Colorado

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Afraidnolonger, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Silentwings (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-02)
That is kind of creepy, Considering that she didn't really seem to believe in it. From most of the experiences I've read, Ouija boards are bad news. I don't even want to be in the same room as one, I just picked one up in its box just to look at it in a moving sell and it automatically sent a cold shock through my fingers into my palms to the point that it burned. I don't know if its because it was owned by someone else and maybe was not used properly or what but I put it right back down and took that as a sign to just leave them alone.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-02)
I hope that they closed the O.B. Properly or the spirit may have gotten out. Then again if it wasn't a strong spirit it may not have been able to do more than give answers until it got more strength. I know stupid answer but.
Happy Halloween.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-02)
Wow... Afraidnolonger This is spooky and interesting... I wondering still she is out of the game but the ghost choose her thanks for sharing 😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: