You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Julie's at Peace

Real Ghost Stories

Julie's at Peace

 

I attended grade school; middle school and high school like most people do with many of the same people present year after year. You get to know the people you attend with, some by faces, some by name and some you have friendships and more long standing relationships. There are some people that affect you more than others, some you remember and some you don't.

Through out all of my school years there was a girl I went to school with named Julie (I have changed even her first name so as not to upset any family of hers or hamper any investigations).

Julie was an average person. She tried very hard to be liked, strong, confident and to excel in school. For some reason though, many of these things never quite melded for Julie. I always thought there was an extreme sadness to her, in her eyes and just in her being. Whenever we talked (and usually this was in a group type setting) she never wanted to talk about personal issues such as her home life, her parents, siblings etc. Whenever the topic of conversation came around to her, she would always answer question very vaguely and change the subject.

In high school Julie developed a severe acne problem. This did not do much for her popularity; kids can be so terribly cruel. Just from the smallest amount of information she would talk about regarding her home life, I understood her family to live on very limited means. Her parents finally were able to take her to a doctor for her acne condition, the medication that she was given made things worse, it made the skin appear dark red.

In my junior year close to the end of the year, I asked her to sign my annual. She did. I told her that we would have one more year together so that would be good. She said then that she wasn't coming back for her senior year. I asked why. She said she never really fit in and it wasn't like she was a scholar or anything so she might as well get a job. She then said that maybe that wouldn't have to be all her life was going to be though because maybe she would meet her prince charming and he and she would have a wonderful life together. I told her I was sad that she wouldn't be coming back, but to keep in touch. I gave her my phone number.

That was the last time I saw Julie until about 10 months ago or so. For some reason I woke up one morning thinking about Julie. It seemed everywhere I went I saw her, I even stopped a few times to talk to her only to find it was not her, it was in fact a stranger or to find she had disappeared into a crowd. I remember thinking and praying that all had worked out for her the way she had hoped. I remember mentioning it to my husband. He said I must have seen someone on television or something that reminded me of her. Okay...

About one week after I began thinking about Julie, I started thinking how sad she is (not was, is) and how I wished I could help. I couldn't quite figure out how. I checked all phone listings, even the net and could not find a listing for her. All the people I know that knew her as well had long since lost contact with her.

About a week and a half after Julie had began to occupy my thoughts and dreams, a couple of days after I felt her sadness, I was reading on the sofa next to my husband while he watched the idiot box. The evening news came on. All of the sudden I heard her name - at the very beginning of the news cast. I am pretty sure most city local news is the same, the most intriguing and important stories highlighted with a blurb first then the news.

I had not heard what they said and my husband said he wasn't paying close enough attention to be accurate. We continued to watch. About 15 minutes into the news cast they flash to this abandoned furniture store/Laundromat that had been deserted and boarded up on a street I recognized very well. The cameras of the news team where there live, there where red and blue lights glowing from police and emergency vehicles spotlighting a ring around the building of yellow crime scene tape. Julie had been found by a perspective property management firm in the basement of this building. She had been wrapped crudely; I guess I could say stuffed from how it was explained into to ancient musty filthy rugs. She was half clothed, beaten, victimized sexually and finally strangled to death with a piece of telephone cord. The cord was tied in a bow around her neck.

I threw my book down and cried and cried. My husband tried to provide comfort. I felt such a tremendous sadness. It was if I was crying not only my tears but her tears also. I must have cried myself to sleep that night, I don't remember falling to sleep, but as I awoke to morning, I realized my husband had helped me to bed.

They buried Julie about 15 days later after a full autopsy. It was a county funeral as most of her family would not come forward. I attended the grave side ceremony. Only two of the people we had attended school with aside from me were there. That fact combined with absent family and loved ones brought on the crying again, crying and sadness that I didn't feel I could control. My husband then thought I should see a doctor, maybe if it was an overly emotional female 'thing'. Right.

Almost one month to the day I began thinking about Julie, as I had later confirmed with my journal, I awoke very early one morning and couldn't go back to sleep at all. I got up, went to my main floor and got a glass of tea and turned on the idiot box. I then heard the wind outside pick up suddenly. This is not uncommon in Nebraska. I got up to make sure the screen door was securely latched (we have lost a few doors that way). I went onto the front porch to check. I looked up and saw Julie standing out side my door. I just stared at her. She was wearing her favorite jeans. Her favorite sweat shirt, her hair in her favorite style, carrying her favorite pink striped purse, there was no acne visible at all and the sadness was gone from her face and her eyes. Julie simply looked at me and said, 'Well, it didn't happen the way I wanted, but I found peace and harmony the hard way. I hurt for a long time, but not any more. I didn't find my prince charming, as you saw on the news; he killed me and turned it into a joke also, like many people thought my life was, a joke. I am okay now and it is peaceful here, no one will ever hurt me again. Let's stop crying and thanks for being there.' As I opened my mouth to speak she was gone. No flashes, no noises, no wind, just gone.

I was so glad she let me know she was finally okay. I will treasure this memory always.

Other hauntings by KimSouthO

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Nebraska

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KimSouthO, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Pinaynay (14 posts)
+1
3 years ago (2021-09-04)
Thanks for sharing it was very touching. Youre such a caring person I can say. May judie find justice and may her soul rest in Gods care now. God bless...
missmariss87 (1 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-21)
I just read your story and it made me cry. But I'm so happy she came back to tell you she was at peace.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-15)
CapricornMoonLady,
Actually, yes this did make it to the news and I am sure it is archeived. Her real name is not Julie (obviously) and the only disclosure regarding the location of the murder other than to say it was in Omaha Nebraska I will give is that it happened on between 16th and 17th an Vinton at a store that once housed a laundry mat and now house a matress supply store.

I understand your wanting the facts, but this is all I am going to give. She had a hard life, she doesn't need persons picking fodder over her murder, and no the murderer was never caught.

God Bless!
CapricornMoonLady (4 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-10-13)
Seems like it was a brutal murder scene. Usually brutal murder stories end up in online news archives or online news in one way or another. Since it was on your local news, I am sure this story eventually ended up in newspaper archives online right? Even "Jane Doe" murder case are mentioned online.
I bet if I asked my sister to find this murder story/case in historical news sources, she could find it. MY sister is so good at finding sources with little details. Sometimes I think she is psychic.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-02)
I am back on this story again to say thank you to all of you who have taken the time to read and comment on this story. Julies tribute has been well received, and yes I am certain I will see her again!

God Bless!
bardsidhe (38 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
this world is large enough and varied enough that we all have a place, it is a sad shame that Julie never found her place in life, I never experienced High School life in America, though I know it was bad enough here, I am glad I was spared that experience after hearing about it from friends and loved ones who did go through the US High Schools. Julie to me sounded like someone worth knowing, and after hearing how she acknowledged you, I think you would be as well, I think you may see Julie again when and if she feels you need someone to be there for you...
Chinka (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-04-08)
awww this is one of the few stories that gave me goose bumps. But goose bumps in the GOOD way.
Harperllen82 (1 stories) (33 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-03-20)
Oh Kim! Such an amazing touching story. As you obviously know, highschool is a awkward and scary time. I was a cheerleader, but I saw on a regular basis how my fellow teamates would treat those they thought were "not as good" as them. I made a point to NOT act that way! I hope that "Julie" has found the wonderful life oin death that she could not find in life. Again THANK YOU for your story!
Allison
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
OMG KimSouthO, poor, poor Julie. So many times as I sit and watch the news I think how horrible our world has become. We have babies struggling to have babies so that they can have someone to always love them. We have rapists being set free from their overcrowded prisons. Murderers roaming the streets, because they had better means than the victims families, and therefore are free to harm again. Whatever happened to treating others the way we want to be treated? Our children are holding grudges and disliking other children just because their friends are feeling that way. Who will stand up for those that can not do it on their own?
I believe you are one of those people, Kim. In your heart, and in your soul Julie was and is a dear friend. So what that she was ostracized by others of our class, you still stood beside her. Especially when she needed you the most.
I hope your Saints and Guides lead you in the paths of peace as the understanding is already there. Thank you.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-18)
Mustang,
Thank you so much for your respect for Julie and your understanding of her plight, as the title says, I am forever grateful that she is at peace, finally. I agree with you, I don't think people realize, or maybe they just don't care, how they affect others.

God Bless!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-18)
Hi Kim! I was so deep into this story as I read it that I could feel the hurt and pain. How horrible Julie's life was! Why are people so cruel? I believe it is the insecurities of others. They want to make other people feel bad about themselves just so they can feel better about their own lives. I've known girls like her and a couple boys also. You were the one who treated her kindly and were there to be a true friend to her and she knew that. This is why she came to you. You sure do have a gift that most do not. I am sorry that your friend died and in such a horrible manner. Thank you for sharing your story. It is really amazing! ~Shelby ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
I realize I keep responding, but, I feel compelled to especially with this story.

All of you have been so kind, understanding and empathetic in a way that others may not be able to understand. I feel very blessed to have all of you, and all of your support, understanding and respect.

Although I am unable to divulge any other details regarding the horrible happenings to Julie, when there is an apprehension in her case I will update all of you. I must say when because I hope and pray daily for the apprehension and yes, even punishment to come.

God Bless!
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
Kim thank you for sharing that. This is another favorite as many of other favorite ones I have of you. It was sad that she had to rest in peace the way she did but now she is happy and at peace. I just wish she would have given you info on the MF that hurt her. I hope they find him and he rots in jail... 😠
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
Thank you for being so responsible, couragious and most of all caring Kim!
jjjjjjj005 (2 stories) (11 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
Dear KimS, What a wonderful story. I am so glad Julie was able to let you know that she was ok and at peace. People can be so cruel and treat each other so coldly. But she had at least one friend who cared about her, you, and sometimes that is all that matters.
Blessings, Jeanne
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
Athena,
I have spoken with detectives regarding Julie and all of the information I have. They have a report from me. Unfortunately, some of her family members were made aware that I had come foward (I believe by coincidence), that is how I am sure they do not want to be reminded of her at all, it was made clear. I will do what ever I can when ever I can to help in any of these situations. Sometimes privacy and propriety go out the window when it is the right thing to do. Thank you for your support!

Jannes,
Thank you also for your encouiraging words. I do and did care abiut Julie and all that she endured. Her peace is such a gift, althugh her time on earth with us was far to short.

God Bless!
Athena (9 stories) (222 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
HI KimS, You have won my trust as a reader. If this story is accurate across the board, (I doubt you embellish much if at all), then I want you to visit the lieutenant of the police department, or find the detective assigned to this case. Tell them you want to report something you feel is relevant to your friends investigation. Tell them who you are; an old friend, and you yourself have a stable life; good job, husband, therefore, you'd have no reason to taint your reputation. Also ask that your identity will not be shared with the public or press. Then tell them what the spirit of "Julie" told you about her murder. Kim, I know that you are a very private person and you want to protect your privacy, but there are ethical implications here. If you follow through on this report there will be the potential of a break in the case. If you don't report what you experienced then your old friend is less likely to find justice. I believe she came to you, not only to show you she has peace, but because you have enough bravery and integrity for her to rely on. It is not easy for souls to show themselves to us, Julie invested in you for a reason... It is no longer about who did not believe you in the past, or who might not believe you now, the only thing you need to worry about is that you must be true to yourself and Julie. Honor "Julie" with your actions.
Jannes (2 stories) (9 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-07)
Kim,
It's awful the things that go on in the world but I thought of something when reading this - some people who seem sad and have a rough life also often feel like no one cares. I imagine you must have meant more than you know to Julie, and she must have known you truly cared about her since she chose to visit you, and I just thought that might be a comfort to you. I don't think she chose you just because you have some extra abilities in these areas... I think she wanted to offer you back some peace since you must have impacted her in her life.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
Thank you to all who commented, knowing Julie and knowing she is at peace means a lot to me, I enjoyed relaying it to all of my counter parts on this site.

haleybug,
thank you. I think Julie was right, no more tears of sadness for her, but tears of happiness for her peace would, I am sure be appreciatted!

melissagrove2000, thank you, that is a wonderful compliment to be added to your favorites.Unfortunately, I do not feel I am able to share any of the news links and such. As I said, the investigation is on going. Her killer has not been found. Also, as I tried to relay (though not very well) in my story, her family would not be happy in being reminded of Julie and her demise. I could potentially put my family and myself at risk, I hope you understand.

Shane,
Thank you. My story and Julies memory going into your favorites means more to me than I can say. I have admired your commentts, convictions and committments since first joining this site. Your opinion means a lot to me. Your advice, guidance and methods have helped me to understand and deal with the occurances in my life that before where a frightening burden and terrifying hassel.

Martin,
To say that your opinion also means a lot to me would be an understatement. Your open mindedness in working this site is second to none and I feel blessed that I was drawn to this site to be able to share with other individuals who understand and experience and share.
About psychic abilities, I don't know what I have. As a child I was called a 'freak' and told by my parents that I always made up stories (even as they witnessd some occrances as well), as a teen it was pretty much keep your mouth shut and fit in. My husband is supportive but doesn't always understand and I have only found this site to go to. I have no idea how to find out if I have Medium or psychic abilities and what to do with them. I am open to suggestions and advice. Until then, I would like to continue to share on this site, as I now consider it one of my homes.

God Bless!
haleybug (10 stories) (89 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
that was a really sad but good story kimsoutho. That's good that you cared enough to be her friend, and she wanted to let you know that she was better. Stuff like thus always makes me want to cry.😭
melissagrove2000 (4 stories) (43 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
Very good story Kim. This one will also be added to my favorites list. It is very sad. I was wondering are there any newslinks to this story that you could share regarding her murder. This is very tragic. Thanks for sharing your story.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
Kim, this one is going into my favorites. I am so glad that your friend was able to come to you and let you know she was at peace. Thank you so much for sharing your heart felt story.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-06)
You sure share some of the best stories KimSouthO, it was very touching and you sounds like a very decent person to care for the less appreciated people like that. I put that story in the Psychic / Medium category as a big part of it seemed to be about your awareness that something wrong happened. Do you feel you have psychic abilities?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: