You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Shadow People :: The Shadow Man Cometh

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Man Cometh

 

The year was 2007, and it was the Fall here in my hometown of South San Francisco, California. I know that much because it got dark before 8 p.m. We had a front door in our 2 story home, with an oval window that went from my waist to above my head. The glass wasn't exactly see thru, it was kind of frosted so you couldn't look in. But, you could still get your face close enough, squint your eyes and make out certain things. I was sitting on my couch one Tuesday evening watching TV and unwinding. My couch faced west so the door was to my left. I bring that up for a reason, which I will detail later.

As I relaxed on my couch, out of the corner of my eye, I noticed there was dark figure standing at the door staring at me, I still get chills thinking about it. I couldn't make out any more features other than the shape of a tall man, because as soon as I snapped my head in that direction, it disappeared. I thought to myself maybe I was tired, or maybe I was just seeing things. I just tried to reason with myself before jumping to conclusions.

Enter Wednesday evening. Around the same time, I'd say approximately a quarter past 7 p.m., I was sitting in the same spot on my couch doing the same exact thing, watching television. When out of the corner of my eye, once again, I felt and seen a shadowy figure, still couldn't make out any features, staring intensely at me. I thought to myself surely this was not a coincidence. Once again, as soon as I turned my head to look that way it was gone. So this time, I waited for cars to pass by, to analyze how their headlights reflected off of the window pane in the door. See the sun sets in the west, which everyone should know by now, and it wasn't pitch black yet. So the way the door and the couch was set up, the sun passed over from left to right. After thinking that it may have been the last sun rays from the sun setting combined with dusk, and looking at the way car headlights reflected light off the door, I really didn't gain anything conclusive from my considerations.

Thursday came and went with no visit, as I laid back on my couch, a little tense, at the same time and place, as the previous nights. I did end up reasoning with myself that I might have been a little exhausted, and just moved on mentally, so to speak. In a weird way, I was a little disappointed.

Queue up Friday evening, I'm sitting down now with my wife watching a movie mind you, on the couch, around the same time on the clock... A quarter past 7 p.m. I'll never forget this moment, as we were watching Night at the Museum, starring Ben Stiller and the late Robin Williams. My wife jumped up off of the couch, surprised, and a bit shaken. She said "Did you see that!?", which I did, but I didn't respond. She asked me again "Did you see that?!" I said "See what?" She finally replied "Did you see the person in the door staring at us?" I told her "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" She looked at me in astonishment and then said "For what?" I told her I knew I wasn't crazy, and that that was the third time in 4 nights I had seen the Shadow Man.

Our home recently underwent a few renovations earlier this year, as we welcomed a new baby into our lives. We replaced that front door as the sun and rain battered it over the years. I was happy to see it go because ever since that Friday evening in the Fall of 2007, I had an old jacket covering the oval window so no one, or no thing, could look in.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SirGhost, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-04)
Dark early, eh? Could this have been during "Hungry Ghost Month" of the Chinese calendar? September? I would burn some sage in the house if it ever happened again and let them know this is your home and they are not welcome. Your will is felt in the spirit realm and they do respond just like human bullies, when you stand up and reclaim your space, by and large.
Argette (guest)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-03)
Wow. I don't know what to make of this. Well written account - we seem to be getting a lot of those lately!

I am inclined to think it's a trick of the light at a certain time. What about the night it did not appear? Were weather conditions the same as previous nights?

On the other hand, I know how shadow people appear. I haven't seen any since I was a child, but they never appear straight on, always in the outside corner of your eye...
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-02)
Hello,
It is quite common to see shadow people out of the corner of your eyes, as they don't like to be noticed. This is also the reason why "yours" was gone when your turned your head towards it.

But there is one thing that makes me wonder. You never saw it again after you covered the oval window. So it really might have been a trick of the light.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: