You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Church Street Ghost (part 2)

Real Ghost Stories

Church Street Ghost (part 2)

 

I have another 100% true story to share with you regarding the same house on Church Street as well as my former neighbor Charlie's house.

One night around 11:00 p.m., I had completed my usual routine of locking the doors and closing the windows in my old Victorian home before going to bed. As I was trying to sleep, I heard a male voice coming from the right side of my bed say, "Hey! Get up"! As I lay there motionless under my covers looking around the empty room and telling myself I must have imagined it, a few seconds later with much more urgency and directly into my right ear, the voice BOOMED loudly, "YOU NEED TO GET UP RIGHT NOW! Go to the bathroom and look out the window! HURRY UP"! I rocketed out of bed with my heart pounding wildly. Freaking out and unsure what to do next, I knew I had to go check it out - so I did...GULP!

I slowly opened my bedroom door feeling like I was going to have a heart attack. I silently stepped out into the inky darkness of my hallway as I carefully inched my way into the bathroom. I closed the bathroom door behind me before I cautiously raised the window blinds. As I looked through my bathroom window, which directly faced my neighbor Charlie's kitchen window, I saw a man hunched down on all fours crawling on my neighbor's kitchen floor. To my utter shock and horror, the intruder then turned on a flashlight and looked up to see me looking straight at him. I let out a loud shriek which caused the burglar to jump back and turn off his flashlight before he disappeared into the darkness of Charlie's kitchen.

Completely panic stricken and totally terrified, I slammed the blinds down and ran full speed into my kitchen. "Oh Sh*t! Oh Sh*t! Oh Sh*t!", was all I managed to say as I grabbed the phone and started frantically dialing Charlie's cell phone number. Thankfully he picked up after about 2 rings as I SCREAMED into the receiver, "CHARLIE SOMEONE BROKE INTO YOUR HOUSE AND IS ROBBING YOU! COME HOME QUICK! A few minutes later my neighbor's car came peeling around the corner of our street. Charlie and two other men jumped out of his car and ran into Charlie's house only to find the back door in his kitchen standing wide open and a grand total of zero valuables missing. A happy ending for Charlie and his family but not for me...

After his friends had left, Charlie came over to my house to thank me for keeping an eye out on his place. Still in shock, I turned to Charlie and said, "You are probably going to think I am completely crazy but I am going to tell you exactly what happened here tonight. Whether you believe me or not is entirely up to you". I described the disembodied male voice that I had heard in my bedroom which prompted me to get up and investigate. "I just don't get it Charlie!", I added shaking my head in disbelief as I finished explaining everything to him.

Well, I kid you not folks, to my complete and utter amazement, Charlie looked at me with a huge grin on his face and responded, "I see you have met our resident ghost. He protects my house and my family so it must have been his voice you heard warning you about what was happening in my home". (Insert Slack Jaw Here). Yeah, not your average text book answer, is it?

And so, in a effort to preserve my sanity as well as my clean underwear, I moved out of this haunted location shortly afterwards. However, my paranormal experiences did not end there but that is another story.;)

Thanks for reading!

GSD Lady

Other hauntings by GSDLady

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GSDLady, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

CCKitty (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-03-09)
Hello GSD Lady - That was an awesome story! Who knew there was so much paranormal activity in the world?! I don't believe in much that I can't prove with evidence - BUT I've also had a couple of paranormal experiences. I can't prove a thing, but I know they happened. Thanks for sharing your story.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-08)
Before this gets into another battle, comments not related to this story will be deleted.
GSDLady (8 stories) (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-08)
JUST FOR THE RECORD: After having read a comment regarding dream catchers and "squaws" (which I have included below), I would like to point out that at no time ever is it politically correct or acceptable to refer to an Aboriginal female as a "Squaw" as this is a derogatory and contemptuous term at best. I have been making AUTHENTIC dream catchers for years and I am Metis - so you don't have to be 100% Native to make authentic dream catchers either. The Dream Catcher's web was made with deer sinew (tendon) and NOT dried animal intestines. If readers are interested in learning about Native spirituality, customs and traditions, address your questions to AUTHENTIC Grandmothers and Grandfathers who will not mislead you and use derogatory terms loosely.

NosidaM,

You just asked on another story if a Dream Catcher can be ''bad''. The legend of the Dream Catcher is that Native Americans would make a Dream Catcher to put over a baby to let good dreams and catch the bad dreams. The next morning it would be taken outside and the bad dreams were shaken out. First and foremost they are round and secondly they were NOT made out of string they used washed then dried animal intestines that were cut into long thin strips while still wet. Then interwoven like spiders web the round outside was wrapped in either fur or leather -whichever was more plentiful- then that was wrapped in thin strips of leather, decorated with feathers beads maybe bone. I've made a few myself. Now that you have the history of them, if in fact it was made by a Native American then no, there is no such thing as a ''bad'' Dream Catcher. BUT they have been mass produced in China now and I've never heard of a triangular one that is made with only 2 sticks so I don't know what you have. I have seen Mandallas called Dream Catchers but it doesn't make it so. A Mandalla is a painting on tanned leather, usually animals and a squaw.

Red
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-07)
GSDLady, I have enjoyed reading your YGS stories. Thank you for sharing them with us.
GSDLady (8 stories) (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-07)
RED WOLF: My stories were not posted in chronological order. The experience with the disembodied male voice I heard in my bedroom happened first. The half-man apparition in my kitchen happened shortly afterward.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-06)
Excuse my confusion but in your first story about the Church Street ghost you said you moved out a few days later. That was almost a year ago, in the same house, and start off by saying the second story is 100% true? Did the second story happen first?
chria29 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-06)
Wow what a good story! I had goosebumps after reading! I don't blame you for wanting to move!
Bushkin87 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-06)
Wow GSDLADY, amazing, great story, loved it, thank you for sahring. 😉
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-05)
Hi GSDLady, I loved reading this story. Thank you for sharing it 😁
Silentwings (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-03)
It's good that you listened to the male voice, or who knows what would have happened. I'm glad nothing was taken and that the robber didn't come after you when he saw you. Gotta love those helpful spirits, thanks for sharing.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-02)
This story is soooooo cool! I totally believe in spirits that look after you, in my earlier years I seemed to be warned by a well meaning something a few times (I wrote about them) and will be forever grateful! (although it perplexed the heck out of me at the time!) 😊
Argette (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-02)
Fascinating read. Along with the previous story posted today, one of the best I've read on this site. Thank you for sharing it with us.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: