You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Glowing Lady In White

Real Ghost Stories

The Glowing Lady In White

 

I'm going to share with you guys an experience I had quite a few years back, I can't remember in exact detail of what happened during the night but I remember quite clearly what I saw.

It was New Year's Day, past 12am as I remember watching the Sydney, Australia fireworks on TV with my best friend at the time. We had been water skiing for the entire day in a town I was somewhat familiar with as a lake engulfed the middle of the town and I would always go there during summer holidays. I was staying in a caravan park with my friend, let's call her Allie, in her caravan. She had a twin brother, Thomas, of whom we'd had somewhat of a fling. (Yes I was an extremely bad friend but he was also a terrible person at this time).

Thomas and his friend Jackson decided they wanted to go outside and 'walk around,' to which Allie said no, but Thomas kind of convinced me to say yes.

The side of town we were in was most probably the oldest and, quite feral, part of town and there was no one around celebrating New Years, except the three of us, but the sound of partying in the distance comforted me. We had walked around the block next to the caravan park and were just about to return to our beds.

The boys were lagging behind so I had my back turned from the direction we were walking in. When I turned to scan the road ahead I found an overwhelming sense of comfort. I let the feeling overwhelm me as I watched what I can only describe as an old-fashion lady in white wearing a headdress, bustling across the road at a very quick pace, as if she was rushing to the edge of the lakeside. I stood there, dumbstruck, unable to comprehend what I saw. I thought 'why the hell would someone dressed like that be rushing somewhere at this time of night?' I turned to the boys behind me and asked if they saw the lady, but by the time they looked up she had disappeared.

I tried to tell them what I saw, but ended up just laughing it off and forgetting about it. She must have been glowing because I wouldn't have seen her otherwise as the roads were so dimly lit. I had dismissed it as car lights that night, even though for a fact it was impossible as there were no cars around, it was much later into the night and the lights couldn't have just disappeared.

It was an eye-opener for me, I was quite excited to actually see my first ghost! I just wanted to share with you the moment because that's when I finally believed it wasn't just my imagination.

Other hauntings by Katie878

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Katie878, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Katie878 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-25)
Thanks for your comments! And I actually haven't seen another ghost since then, but I've heard very interesting stories about a tourist attraction close to where I live. I also had an experience in that same spot, but never seen any spirit.

I might post a few stories about the place if anyone's interested 😆
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-07)
Katie878
Very interesting story. Have you seen any other spirits since then? Now her type of dress sounds like the Victorian era,late1800's? Wasn't Australia still a penal colony then? If so she must have been married to one of the wardens if she was dressed so well.
chria29 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-06)
My first experience was very similar to yours. Very mysterious!
Bushkin87 (2 stories) (7 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-06)
Wow awesome story, must of been quite creepy but amazing at the same time!
😁

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: