You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: The Dog Next To Me

Real Ghost Stories

The Dog Next To Me

 

To start this off, I have had numerous experiences with paranormal/ghost activities and welcome more to invade my space for communication.

Let me tell you a bit about who I am and the reason for my fascination.

The thing about ghosts is that parents tend to tell scary stories and it raises the worst fear in kids. It did so with me until I realized at a very young age that after 2 or 3 experiences, I was actually semi in charge of the situations and I haven't been harmed. I realized, that even with parents' ghost stories scaring me, from my first encounter I had no fear. I was calm. And until this day stay calm at all times.

I eventually started noticing when energies were around me and I would just speak. A few years ago I did Ghost Hunts (literally) which I offered to international and local tourists and I managed to gain the trust of spirits to show themselves 99% of the time on cameras.

I understand the spirits. I have no idea why since a young age I've never been scared when I was contacted although I suspect for some reason I have always had the ability to feel safe around them.

To go back to the beginning:

I was as young as 5 years of age when I had my first encounter. Now, please don't judge this event as this is not your particular Ghost Story. But I'll leave it up to you to make your own decision. I remember this as if it happened yesterday and it is ever since this experience that I had the attraction to the other side.

I went to visit my cousin, who was 4 years old at the time, during a school holiday. She and I were very close. More like siblings. We shared everything. We had no secrets.

We shared her bed as kids where she slept with her head at the head side and I slept with my head at the foot side of the bed. We were small so more than enough space on a single bed.

We were chatting away, laughing and just talking about general things when suddenly she stopped talking. I sensed her sitting up and asked her what was wrong. She responded by telling me that she suddenly felt ill and got sick on her pillow. She didn't know why. We were laughing and chatting a minute ago.

So, in the dark, I sat up and leaned over towards her and I remember her taking my hand and physically made me feel where she got ill as I figured she was joking. No-one just suddenly gets nauseous and gets sick. Really?

So I felt where she got sick on the pillow and told her to turn the pillow around. I mean, everyone in the house have gone to sleep and she didn't come across as ill after she turned the pillow over.

She laid back down and so did I... We still continued chatting and suddenly, within a few seconds, she was quiet. I thought something was wrong as she was wide awake a few seconds ago.

I raised my head off my pillow to check on her and on the metal head board, sat a figure, like a frog on a branch. It was a human figure however it seemed like a dog's head. I looked at this and thought I'm imagining things until it moved... It climbed off the side of the bed (towards my left) without touching my cousin.

My this time I knew I'm not imagining. I was actually fascinated with this strange looking figure which sat above my cousin's head and then climbed off...

As it reached the ground it took a full shape of a dog, and walked towards me on my left.

I laid down on my left side as to still being able to see the dog. It was big.

It's head was a bit higher than the bed, level with my face. It stopped next to me, about 30cms away from the bed and just stood there.

Yet, I stayed calm and watched this dog just standing there, staring at me.

I had to know what was going on.

I reach out slowly towards it, hand in a fist... It moved it's head towards me and I connected it's nose lightly with my fist...

OMW!

I connected with something solid!

I pulled back, closed my face and screamed: "Go away! Leave me alone!"

My aunt came rushing into the bedroom and switched on the light - the dog disappeared.

I somewhat explained to my aunt what happened but how do you get an adult to believe you? I was just told that it was a bad dream...

I fell asleep, eventually after my aunt left and switched off the bedroom light.

The next morning I woke with a dry patch of mucus on my knuckles. The exact spot I touched the dog's wet nose with.

'Til this day I have questions regarding this evening.

Why was it there? Why didn't it try to hurt me? It was clearly there for me as it made my cousin ill and put her to sleep within seconds... Why didn't it attack me?

But one thing's for sure that, since that evening, I have had a more open mind towards ghosts although this was no ordinary spirit. This was something else and I have been attempting contact with it since 2010.

Strangely enough, I was informed of this site today (30 Sept 2015)... On the day I find the address of the house my aunt and uncle stayed in... Where I came face-to-face with some spirit.

Many people say it was a Demon... I wouldn't know, but all I know is that I wasn't afraid to approach it. It didn't scare me. I've had the fascination with it ever since... I'm still searching to contact it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from South Africa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ImmortalisAnimae, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Gayatrishiva (3 stories) (121 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-07-29)
Hi this indeed is nice story I liked it... As per people like waltrakram if you can't see a ghost in a single haunted place that you were visited which means your third eye isn't active a even wee bit that's all I can say. I am yoga therapist and teach meditation and from that point of view people who can see spirits both good and bad have their third eye open a bit due to which they can see and feel it while others cannot. The power of intuition etc all related to how active is your chakras. This is just point of view from yoga side. Yeah I have also heard such animal stories especially where dogs are involved and
strangelife (3 stories) (16 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-12)
[at] biblio I loved your response:D...now Walter should start 'imaging' about the places he went for hunting in his 28 year of age.
ImmortalisAnimae (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-11)
Thanks to all for the support on this. I did manage to find out the estimate address where the house is located however I doubt, after so many years and possible circulation of residents, they would allow me to enter there again... Especially if I told them the reason why. Lmao!
chria29 (3 stories) (25 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-06)
I watch Ghost Adventures and they once did a haunted location where an individual said he saw a fawn take form and randomly run out of his house. The psychic/medium he questioned mentioned types of spirits that take animal form. I don't remember the name, but thanks for sharing. Your story is definitely something to scratch your head about!
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2015-10-06)
Walter should give us a full "sh*t sandwich" comment, instead of half of one 😆
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
9 years ago (2015-10-05)
Greetings, ImmortalisAnimae. Interesting screen-name: why is it plural? I'm going to beg your forgiveness for a moment, as it is important that I address a separate concern: the rudeness of an earlier response to your account.

WALTERAKRAM, for God's sake, learn to type! English is clearly not your first language, but you could make an effort to get the basics right. Your cut-and-paste message is a fascile attempt to be polite while you focus only upon your arrogant condescension for the people who are posting on this forum. I have never been to Hong Kong, but since my homeland leased it for 99 years, I can only imagine it was there; I cannot go there now, because it has vanished from the face of the Earth since its governance was handed back to China. I do not believe Hong Kong exists any longer because the rampant capitalism of the island's international trade and banking would have been China's one stable source of income; the obvious evidence of capitalist success must have been terribly embarrassing for the Socialist leaders in the People's Republic of China. I suppose they've towed the island away to be broken up and divided amongst the diverse populations in equal, Socialist-sized portions which will do no one any good...

While you mourn the loss of your Island, I have taken the liberty of correcting your errors and explaining them to you in an effort to cheer you up:

Hi [,] my name is walter [ Walter] and I am from hong kong [ Hong Kong ].
With you apologies [ With apologies, ] I am not going to say that what you experienced is just a fake story created by yourself. [ This entire sentence, from your accepting ImmoratalisAnimae's apologies to you --which Immortalis did not offer to you-- until your statement that you're not making an accusation, is a complete lie. You proceed from this point, through the remainder of the message, to establish why you don't believe Immortalis's narrative. Claiming "I'm not calling you a liar, but I believe that all ghost stories are lies," makes the point that your opinion of Immortalis's narrative is included within your opinion of lies and frauds. This makes Immortalis a de facto liar in your opinion, thus the statement is tautological. ]
I don't have right to cross your story [ what do you think "cross your story" means? It's an on-line posting, not a bridge! If you don't have the right to dismiss Immortalis's tale -which is what I think you meant- why do you then proceed to do exactly that? ]. I jusg [ what did "jusg" mean when Hong Kong still existed? Here on Earth, it looks like a typographical error for "just." ] want to share that in my 28 year of age [ "28 years of age" is an appositive description, "28 years" is an enumeration to clarify; you needed the latter of these statements, in the PLURAL, as 28 years are not singular (try counting to 28; once you pass "one," you're dealing with plural numbers!) ] I visited a lot of hunted places [ 'hunted places'? Who was hunting them? Did he or she have a hunting permit? Does China impose a strict limit on the number of places you can hunt? Is this another error on your part, because you meant "haunted"? That would make more sense on this forum, but I suspect that you're hunting for a place to settle down, now that China has consumed your home and turned you into a refugee. ] but couldn't get any thing paranormal [ "any thing" means there was no specific event, concept, or object which you had set out to find; "anything" means that despite your efforts, not one of the paranormal phenomena you were prepared to witness was made manifest while you were present]. I sort out [So far, this sentence means "I organize," "I arrange," "I correct," or "I repair." Not one of these potential meanings can be applied to the predicate of this sentence with any pretense of rational thought. ] that most of stories ["most stories" would include "The Tale of Genji," "Great Expectations," "The Shawshank Redemption," "Das Kapital," "Atlas Shrugged," "A Day in the Life of Ivan Denisovich," "Six Records of a Floating Life," "Star Trek," and any holy text you'd care to name. Perhaps you could specify which stories you mean? ] generated [you need the auxiliary verb "are" before the main verb "generated" because you're making a present-tense imperfect statement] because of fear [ What about those narratives which describe supernatural/paranormal events which are NOT scary? By presuming all narratives about peculiar events are inherently scary, you're claiming that they must be fictional; however, you're guilty of "Begging the Question," which means you've asserted that the evidence for your claim does exist because you're making the claim based upon that evidence WHICH YOU FAILED TO PROVIDE. ]. Our brain ["Our" is a possessive plural pronoun, "brain" is a singular noun; this means that everyone is sharing one one brain. Communism hasn't gotten to that stage, yet, dividing out intelligent and foolish minds in equal proportion to each individual. You mean "Our brains," which will indicate that people have one brain each] show us what we are imaging ["imaging" means "creating a picture;" you either need "imagining" which means the individual is creating an imaginary creature/spirit where nothing exists, or "pareidolia" which means that the individual is seeing a pattern or shape by misinterpreting the real objects which can be seen by anyone ] that's it [ you need a semicolon to precede this idea, as is is a dependent clause, not a phrase nor an independent clause ]. Have a nice day. Take care [ These platitudes appear to be insincere, as every other statement you've typed is misguided, offensive, or an indication that you question the sincerity or sanity of the writer. ]

Your statement is riddled with lacunae and fallacies of reasoning: research "The Relativist Fallacy," "The Spotlight Fallacy," "The Argument from Silence," "Hasty Generalization," "Jumping to Conclusions," "Red Herrings," "False Dichotomy," etc.
Also, your "opinion" is presented in the form of a personal experience (a.k.a., "the Anecdotal Fallacy"). Don't post your own personal experiences in stories written by other people: write out each of your stories in which you investigate a haunted location but nothing happens, then submit your narratives individually for the moderators on the site to consider.

Have a nice day. Take care
-Biblio
triden07 (70 stories) (279 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-05)
Hallo my dear friend Jay
I remember the night you sat by the pool with me and told me this story. I can remember the chills I got, and how very calm you were. I am so glad you took my advice and decided to share. You have had so many weird and fascinating experiences, I can't wait to "hear" them again.

I am holding my breath for when you write about the ghost tours and especially the robber's grave.

This comment from WalterAkram is hidden due to low rating. Show comment

mirandakellyamethyst (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-04)
Last week, I also submitted a story regarding a dog. I am very sad and sorry when this website declined it. Lately I've been reading stories under the categories non-human entities and pets and animals. But I was very dissapointed when they declined to publish it

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: