You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: It Wasn't You?

Real Ghost Stories

It Wasn't You?

 

Once when I was younger, a couple of years back, my brothers and I went on a summer trip with my mom and my stepfather to his mother's house, which was in another city not too far from where we lived. I had been there before and I had never had an experience there before this trip.

So it was a late night and we had just finished watching 'The Help' downstairs. My mom had told my brothers and me to go brush our teeth then go to bed. My mom made my brothers and I a bed in the den on the second floor with some pillows and blankets, the den was right above the living room. It was an open room consisting of rails leading to the stairs right next to the doorway.

I was looking down the stairs into the darkness and thinking to myself "What would happen if I just saw a ghost right now? What would I do? How would I react? Would I be scared?" I wasn't that tired, so I just kept staring into the darkness until I fell asleep.

The next morning I woke up still facing the staircase, and remembering my thoughts from last night. As the day progressed I had forgotten all about it, so I was playing with my brother, Jordan. We were sitting at the top of the staircase and we were bored so I turned and said to him "I bet you can't catch me." Then I ran down the stairs [the stairs were an island from the living room, dining room, and the kitchen] through the dining room then the kitchen. I turned around to see a shadow of a little boy who I thought was my brother.

I started to laugh, thinking he was about to catch me. I then ran through the living room and up the stairs to find my brother still sitting at the top. I looked at him puzzled and walked the rest of the way up the stairs. I sat down next to him and asked him if he had been chasing me and he replied no. I asked my other brothers who were sitting on the couch right below us if he was chasing me and they said no he never moved. At that point I was freaked out not really believing them, so I went to the kitchen to ask my mom if she'd seen Jordan run through there and she said no. I went back upstairs knowing I had just seen something which, up until that point, I believed was a myth. I knew it couldn't have been him because at the time he was about four years old and wasn't nearly as fast as I was, so there was no way he was behind me and then got back up the stairs before me without even passing me by.

Later I told my mom and Connie [my stepfather's mom] about the incident. Connie claimed she had previous accounts with other ghosts and shadows in the house but she had never seen the little boy, only two girls and an old man. Knowing this I found the irony behind the night before the incident which I also told them about.

Since then I've only had a few more encounters over the years but nothing ever too major, and now I have also been more interested in paranormal activity and finding out what or who it was that I actually saw that day.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Gia, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-07)
Hi Gia,

I'm guessing there was a ghost in the darkness while you were having those thoughts and you picked up on their presence. Pretty cool stuff considering what happened the next day.
Is it possible the shadow was a little girl, maybe one who Connie had seen?
The best starting point for potentially working out who it was you saw that day would be delving into the history of that house. Also, if you haven't already, compare details with Connie, what you saw, what she's seen etc.

Cool experience to have, wondering if you'll see a ghost and then having an encounter the next day. I don't think this was a coincidence some how.

Thanks for sharing. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: