You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Conjuring Movie Effect-revised!

Real Ghost Stories

The Conjuring Movie Effect-revised!

 

This experience was a couple of years ago when my friends and I decided to see "The Conjuring" as a birthday treat of a friend "N". There was one more person with us "A" so three of us. I must admit the movie scared the daylights out of me but my friends were too brave when it comes to paranormal and can't be easily intimidated. Both of them thought the movie was not scary and it did not meet their expectation (what we thought of the movie matters).

Anyways we parted ways after spending an entire day and I came home around 0900 or 1000 hours and fell asleep after dinner. It was common for me to have a disturbed sleep after horror movies mostly because I was a Scooby Doo. But I would have difficulty falling asleep out of fear and not because of anything paranormal. Sorry for the long explanation just trying to get the context right.

So the night in question after I had fallen asleep I woke up exactly at 03:08 hours with someone pulling/grabbing my leg (like the movie) and woke up with a jolt. Since I was exactly in front of the clock on my side table, seeing the time kind of frightened me after which I just couldn't fall asleep, just kept tossing around. The moment I fell asleep I felt like someone would grab my leg and I kept waking up. This kept happening until around 0600 and then I fell asleep. This continued for around a fortnight until I finally started to literally hug a bible to sleep.

Since we were not allowed to go to the movies, my mom did not know I had watched the movie but she found out I was up to no good that day. She kept asking me what I was blabbering in my sleep (I do not remember any mumbling though) and what caused my restlessness that night. I, of course, denied everything being the perfect child:-P, mothers know anyway.

I would have brushed this off as just my fear but the next day my friends had their own to tell. "N" who sleeps in her own room (I sleep in my parents', common in India) told us that she had a stomach upset which kept her entire family awake every night for a week and it happened only in the nights. She was not intimidated but thought it was strange. Even though her mom kept insisting it was because she might have invited some negative energy.

And A who lives in a joint family, meaning with parents and married sisters, told us that his nephew started to cry at around 02:45 hours and just wouldn't stop until 04:30 hours when they took him to the hospital (he was 3 years old). And it happened around 4 times that week and he would stop only when he was taken out of the house and to the hospital. Strangely the doctors wouldn't give him any medicine, just stepping into the hospital would make him stop. He just wouldn't have any reason to cry and this had never happened before.

I wouldn't be sure all this were related or paranormal but it just seems too coincidental to be happening to all three of us the same night continuing through the week and also the fact that it had happened to people who clearly were not affected by the movie.

Other hauntings by phd

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, phd, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Kokopat (2 stories) (15 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-01-07)
Hi phd...
Even I found d movie scary 😭
Well... I think what you and your friends experienced might be a trick played by your brains.
It has happened with me too... I love reading paranormal and ghost stories and articles a lot. And it has happened a lot of times that whenever I read such stories, I feel as if there's a presence in the room even when I am all alone.
😐

According to me there's nothing to worry about!

Take care and stay safe

Regards
Kokopat
phd (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-12)
Whitewolf,hope she gets better, will definitely pray for her...
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-10)
Weird yes, but I don't feel it was paranormal. It's possible that even though your friends claim unaffected by the movie, it may have still registered on a subconscious level. The main thing is whatever it was has stopped.
The baby stopping its cry when taken to the hospital might be time related, meaning what ever was paining him would pass by the time they reached there. My mother told me that as a baby I would start screaming at 8pm on the dot every night. No one ever figured out the why of it and the doctors could find nothing wrong. Oddly, my oldest brother (older by 12 years) figured out that singing the Chipmunk song " Witch Doctor" and 'dancing' with me, calmed me almost instantly. Go figure. I'm told traditional lullabies and rocking made me scream/cry harder. Babies are a complicated lot.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-10)
Whitewolf, sending Red healing thoughts and soft hugs. She CAN do this!
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-10)
Hi sds,
You had me there for a minute. We have a dog that when he passes gas your eyes water and my mom always says that he has pungent gas that lingers and we should hang a car air freshener to his tail. She is feeling a little better but needs the surgery and has to quit smoking so I am going to quit too.
Whitewolf
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-09)
Hi Whitewolf, I always love Red's comments. Very cute, pointed and very fast. Not many have that ability and she has insights. Thats what I meant. Hope she is doing well and recovering. Convey my regards and respects to her.

SDS
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-09)
Darkangel
Thank you for saying you hope my mother gets well soon. It meant a lot to her that you said that. She needs neck and back surgery. Her screws started getting loose on one side from a past fusion then she got rear-ended made it worse. She is scared of more surgery and hasn't quit smoking yet so I am going to quit with her.
Whitewolf
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-09)
SDS
When you say. Hope she gets back to her pungent way of answering quite fast. Dig you mean her answers stink or did you mean poignant or pointed way of answering quite fast?
Whitewolf
Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-09)
Omg now i'm getting more discouraged to watch horror movies 😆
Von (1 stories) (4 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-09)
Hi phd:), its just my opinion but sometimes when the brain experiences strain, in this case fear, it can make the body feel or hear even see whatever you yourself are contemplating on, which was the movie. Your friends maybe saying that they weren't frightened by the movie but they might be lying and experienced the same psychological effect...
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-08)
Whitewolf- I don't know if this is allowed, but I hope your mom gets well soon ❤
Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-08)
PHd- I thought this was an interesting story, this is only an opinion... Maybe just maybe you being fearful after watching this movie had awakened something that was already present in the home, or on the homes land. I had a friend who watched paranormal activity for the first time and had something happen to her. I thought of her when I read this story the thing with her experience was she had something already in her home and/or attached to her, that when she watched the movie she had made it stronger by her fearful energy. I would suggest that you try to rid yourself of the fear, fear feeds the entities like pacman eats power pellets. Maybe you should tell your mom what happened so she can help perform a cleansing ritual to rid the home of this energy that is bothering you. Hopefully it was all in your head...
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-08)
Hi phd, I think that all these are just coincidental and have nothing to do with you guys watching the movie "The Conjuring". I know its a scary movie but still I agree with sheetal on this aspect.

Whitewolf, yes, we bring only nightmares when we go back home after seeing the horror movies. Haha. Take care of your Mom and my regards to her. Hope she gets back to her pungent way of commenting quite fast.

Regards and respects to you all.

SDS
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-08)
phd
Don't believe paranormal movies makes you bring anything home with you. I just read the last 2 posts to my mom RedWolf and she laughed and said that's how parents keep their kids from going to movies like that. She said the only thing you will bring home is nightmares.
She won't be on here much for awhile if at all. Her back and neck are worse then she tells people. Yesterday she was laying on her side on a wood floor petting our puppy and the puppy rolled over making my mom roll on her back and one of the screws in her back cut and bruised her back
Whitewolf
phd (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-08)
luckkyme,

Ditto, that what my mom thinks too... And kids or young adults in our family are banned from whatever that has paranormal attached to it including movies, not that we do not toe the line when they are not looking 😉 😜
phd (2 stories) (25 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-08)
😨 Thank you all! I knew even before I went to the movie that I would have sleepless nights, I was wondering why two people who were so indifferent to all these had such cause of disturbance that night... Or maybe coincidental...
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-07)
I have heard a theory that horror movies, books, stories, etc are doorways for the paranormal. Now, to be fair, I don't know how true that is It could just be a thing that my parents told me to try to discourage my love for anything horror or paranormal. Hah.

That being said, I do like that movie although it is very creepy! I'm glad nothing more serious happened to you or your friends. Be safe! =)
Whodat (42 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-07)
I remember watching this movie when it first came out at night at a drive-in movie theatre in a dark field surrounded by woods. I got the chills a couple of times. Good movie.
cloudy (7 stories) (39 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-07)
I just saw this movie the other week and both me and my boyfriend had nightmares of the scene where the witch is on top of the wardrobe and come flying down. Scary but just a dream and I quite enjoy the scare from horror movies:)
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-07)
hehehe Phd... The Conjuring is scary movie. You know I screamed on the seen where the witch jump from the cupboard. I also went sleepless in night... I think all these events are just co-incidental nothing to do with paranormal... Many a time Horror movie afraid you from the heart... So no wonders why you feel that...
Creepa99 (7 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-06)
I also have trouble sleeping because of fear! XD I always think something is looking at me from my closet then I turn on my lamp and its just the order my shirts are in. 😆

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: