You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Haunted Farm House (part 1)

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted Farm House (part 1)

 

This is a true story about our farm house which was located in Shahpur village of Asangaon city, which is a bit far from Mumbai the capital city of Maharashtra.

So we had this big farm house with 4 bedrooms, a huge living room and a very big open space in front, which was also used as rice farm for some months of the year. It was very far away from the city and had no houses or any life around it for up to 5-6 kilometers. It was very old and had been locked for a long time.

Later my Grandparents, along with my 2 uncles and 1 aunt got, shifted there cause they had to leave their home in the city due to some financial problems. Me and my brother used to visit them during our vacations and live there for one or two months every year. At that time I was 4 or 5 something and my brother is 4 years older than me.

One night when we were at our grandparents' home, i.e this farm house, my brother was sleeping with my 2 uncles in the living room. Three of them had their heads on the soft mattress kept next to the wall and they were lying on the floor. It was very late at night, almost 2 or 3 am. When my brother was fast asleep his sleep was disturbed. With his eyes still closed he felt as if some one walked on the mattress, he could feel it so perfectly cause he had his head on the mattress. He felt as if someone with very hard steps walked on the mattress into the room that was actually an extra room that was reserved for my parents. They used to sleep there whenever they used to come here.

This room had a very huge store room inside it. The store room was very dusty and has been locked for years. My brother thought it's one of our uncles who had gotten up for going to the bathroom. As he also wanted to go the bathroom he thought he'll join them. So he opened his eyes and got up fast only to see both the uncles sleeping peacefully next to him. And he could still feel like someone just entered my parents' room which was empty at that time because my parents were not there at that time. He was so terrified he pulled up his blankets and prayed and then fell asleep. Next morning he asked everyone if anyone went into that room last night. But no one did!

I always had very bad feeling whenever I went into that room. The worst thing was that store room. It always felt so heavy whenever I was inside it and I always found it very hard to breathe there. The room was also equally creepy and always felt so negative. I had my swing hunged up in that room and one day while I was playing on the swing the swings hook opened on its own, throwing me and the swing on the floor resulting in cutting of my lips because of my teeths cause my face banged on the floor and my lips got stuck between my upper and lower teeth line.

Whenever I used to sleep in that farm house I used to daily get nightmares about that particular room and in every dream I used to see myself trapped in that room or store room trying to run for my life. Also there were weird posters of babies and kids and some model like people on the walls it was weird because we are Muslims and we do not put human photos on our walls or anywhere in the house because in Islam it is said that demons or any such things use non living things that look like living things eg: animal soft toys, dolls, photos, human or animal statues etc as a medium to come into this world.

This farm house was previously occupied by our relatives who were very religious and strict about Islamic principles. There was no chance they would stick so many posters of humans and it also didn't at all match the interior of the house and seemed much newer and fresh than rest of the things of the house. And also after some time they got tored by themself and the walls in that room were so cold and so full of moisture that if you press your hand against that wall your hand would become wet.

There are many more experiences about that farm house which I'll be writing shortly. Comments are welcomed:)

Other hauntings by Fariya

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Fariya, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

saviorocks (8 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-10)
Yes cause your brother had felt the footsteps. If he hadnt felt it he wouldn't believe you too. But praise god youll are safe 😁 😁
Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-17)
sheetal: Yes it was so freaky! My other family members didn't pay much attention to these things except for my brother he was the only person who believed me.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-14)
Oh my god! This is freaky! 😨 😨 what was the opinion of your other family member?
Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-12)
Hello sheetal, I didn't see these posters in my dream. They were there in real. And after some time they got tored on their own and it seemed like really some human has tored them because everyone knows the difference between a poster that gets torn due to being old and a poster that is being torned by someone. But everyone refused about tearing them.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-12)
Hey Fariya... I know Shahapur is still developing... This is a freaky incident... But I've one confusion.

You said '...Also there were weird posters of babies and kids and some model like people on the walls it was weird because we are Muslims and we do not put human photos on our walls or anywhere in the house...' you seen this thing in dream, Am I right?

And After that you said '...This farm house was previously occupied by our relatives who were very religious and strict about Islamic principles. There was no chance they would stick so many posters of humans and it also didn't at all match the interior of the house and seemed much newer and fresh than rest of the things of the house. And also after some time they got tored by themself...' So You mean you seen that posters over the room's wall in real (out from the dream).

I just want to ask... You see that posters in dream or reality? I am little confuse 😕
Fariya (7 stories) (52 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-10)
otteer: Hello:)
The climate over here is very hot and dry especially during the summers it was almost drought like conditions. The entire house used to be extraordinarily hot like an oven except for that room and the store room which used to be weirdly cold. There is much more to this experience which ill be posting shortly. Thank you for your comment:)
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-09)
Hi again, too many variables on this one to draw any conclusions, since the entry into your grandparents room was not observed by you, have to take it for story value only. As for your swing, could have been an equipment malfunction, ouch that must have hurt! Since your farm was a rice farm, could there be a water source running under the home, or possibly adjacent leaky pipes in the next room? I don't know what the climate is like there, or the condition of the roof above, water running down walls or soaking beams or studs do create dampness but seems you would have a bad smell with it. Coupled with the heavy feelings and your ability as a small child, could be something there, or, the physical structure itself, being large and imposing, could have frightened you.

Thanks for sharing and lucky you to have been able to sleeppend summers at a farm!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: