You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Dream of my Great Great Grandfather

Real Ghost Stories

Dream of my Great Great Grandfather

 

When I was a young child, my mother hung a couple of really old pictures in my room. They were of my great great grandparents (in the Civil War era). My great great grandfather was in his Civil War garb. Later that night, I "dreamed", or so I THINK it was a dream, that I encountered the ghost of my great great grandfather. I was walking through the house and was overcome by an enormous chill that sent me to my knees along with a feeling of fear. Then an apparition of my great great grandfather appeared. After the fear had passed, I remember just having a conversation with him. I don't remember the specifics of the conversation, only that his name was Caleb. When I woke in the morning, I told my mother about the dream. Upon telling her about the dream and what had happened, she, in turn, turned white as a sheet because as it turns out, Caleb WAS INDEED my great great grandfather's name. I had never learned or heard of his name prior to my dream.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Indiana

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-10-25)
Thank you for sharing your story with us. I believe that your Great Grandfather was indeed communicating with you. How blessed you are to have such a wonderful gift and such a wonderful family.

God Bless!
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
cphares, I loved your story, it was great! I can identify with what you have told as I have had one single dream like this and it was amazing to me. Just a regular conversation and it seemed the most natural thing in the world to be speaking to him. You told your story really well. 😊
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-27)
hiya I have been through things like that. Its strange in away. My dreams tell me things I don't already know they tell me my future, past, near to death experiences and that. Even
of someone close of me as well. I think your great great grandfather did contact you in your dreams. They can for some reason and friends and family relatives who have died are watching us now seeing what we get up2 and see how we're doing in life. I enjoyed reading your story. I though it was lovely in a way.
When your asleep ghosts/spirits can contact you because your mind is open. What happened to you other people can go through. They can help you or you can help them. Its really interesting in a way. 😊
Tag227 (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-04-03)
I recently dreamt that my mom was at my door as a ghost. She hugged me and told me to study hard. Then she disappeared but for some reason I kept running down this narrow hall. At the end of it, was my grandfather and great grandfather. My grandfather turned his back towards me as if he didn't want to see me. I'm on my knees crying and my great grandfather snatches the ring off my finger. I woke up gasping for air. The ring was still on my finger though. My mom had given me the ring, and it had belonged to my great grandfather. Somehow, I feel like he wants it back or that I don't deserve to wear it. I've been feeling rather sad about this dream and I don't know how to interpret this. Please help!
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-03)
Hey cphares, I have a dream definer book, if you would like me to tell you what the dream meant? It really is kind of common for people to dream about dead loved ones. I have heard many stories, like my grandmother, she always has dreams about talking to my great- grandmother. I have the book right here, it says: "It may happen that the soul of persons who have died perhaps fifty years ago may appear to us in a dream, and if it speaks to us we should pay special attention to what it says, for such a vision is not an illusion or delusion, and it is possible that a man is as much able to use this readon during the sleep of his body as when the latter is awake; and if in case such a soul appears to him or he asks questions, he will hear that which is true. Through these solicitous souls we may obtain a great deal of knowledge to good or to evil things if we ask them to reveal them to us. Many persons have has such prayers granted to them. Some people that were sick have been informed during their sleep what remedies they should use, and after using the remedies, they became cured, and such things have happened not only to christians, but to also jews, persians, catholics, and heathens, to good and to bad persons" that one part, here's another useful explanation: "to dream that you are conversing with a dead relative, and that relative endeavers to extract a promise from you, warns you of coming distress, unless you follow the advide given you. Disastrous consequences could often be averted if minds could grasp the inner workings and sight of the higher or spiritual self. The voice of relatives is only that higher self taking form to approach more distinctly the mind that lives near the material plane. There is so little congeniality between common or material matures that persons should depend upon their own subjectivity for true conetentment and pleasure". wow, what does that mean? well, heres another one you will probably understand better: "to dream of seeing a brother, or other relatives or friends, denotes that you may be called on for charity or aid within a short time". That's about all that the book says about dreams as such. Well, that's only if you believe in stuff like dreams having meanings or being defined. Well, thanks for you time and I'll talk to later.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: