You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Fishing At Night

Real Ghost Stories

Fishing At Night

 

It was a rainy day in Mexico, Huehuetan Chiapas. The river was flooded with mud because of the rain. My little bro and I decided to go fishing, it was around 9:00 p.m. It was a very dark and cold night, it was very silent too, the only thing you could hear was the flowing of the water. After half an hour of being there, we heard a strange noise, we did not mind the noise but after a couple of minutes we heard the same noise but this time louder. It sounded like a girl screaming. At this moment I had goosebumps all over my body.

After hearing the noise I decided to flash the other side of the river because that is where the sound came from. When getting a good glimpse of the other side, we observed a little girl sitting on a rock playing with water. This girl had long hair, she was wearing a long beige dress, just by judging her height, she was maybe twelve years old.

After seeing her sitting on the rock, we decided to get her attention by yelling, we were very curious about her. After yelling, she did not turn around to look at us, she just kept on playing with water. Since she did not care to look, we decided to leave and ask for help maybe because she was lost.

Since my house was really close to the river, we decided to get some help. After fifteen minutes, we went back to the same place, but this time she was not there. We heard the same noise that we heard at the beginning, but this time it was vanishing in the far distance. It kept on getting further and further, the noise started to disappear towards the mountains. We found it really strange because it was not normal to see a little girl by the river all by herself.

Other hauntings by JoeEspinoza

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JoeEspinoza, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

JoeEspinoza (6 stories) (14 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-19)
Hey sheetal, I believe it was a ghost because it is not normal to see a little girl at that hour especially all by herself. People have seen this girl too but I have not asked if there is a story to this little girl, maybe there is. At midnight people from my village have seen the weeping woman which is pretty scary. Many scary things happen at night.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-17)
JoeEspinoza... This is really a scary story 😨... Specially the noise echoing from far... I am sure it was ghost of some little girl who has lost her life in river or mountains... Do you know any type of this incident? Thanks for sharing
JoeEspinoza (6 stories) (14 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-10-18)
Hello sds, everyone knows each other in the place that I mentioned. After time, I told some neighbors my story, sometimes we get together and just start chatting, somehow we started talking about paranomal activties one day, I mentioned them my experience, they told me that some other local people had seen this little girl, it was normal to see her at night sometimes. They believe that it is a ghost because no one knows the little girl. Some spooky things have happened to other people back where I live.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-16)
Hello JoeEspinoza, thanks for sharing. I want to ask if you had done any investigation about this sighting? Did you share it with someone in your family or your neighbours. You said it is a small neighbourhood and every one knew every other person. If you had investigated, perhaps others might have had similar experiences or sighting. If you had done any such enquiry, please do share with us.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
JoeEspinoza (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
Hey matrix899, maybe she did hear our yelling, it was pretty loud when we yelled though, or maybe the water did drown our yelling. Indeed, it's not normal to find a little girl at that time of night all by herself.
JoeEspinoza (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-15)
Hello lady-glow, it was strange because the river was in the mountains, there are only a few houses in that zone. No, it could not have been a neighbor because since there are a few houses in that zone, we basically know each other.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-12)
It's nice to read a story from the old country!

Call me a liberal woman but, -why would it be strange for a girl to be alone by the river at that time of the night? -after all, your brother and you were doing exactly the same.

Are there any more houses in the area? Could the little girl be a neighbor?

Thanks for sharing.
matrix899 (1 stories) (67 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-12)
Hello JoeEspinoza, this is a very spooky story, thanks for posting. Do you think she should have been able to hear your yelling? Or is it possible that the noise of the water drowned out your yelling.

I agree, I would think it would be very unusual for a 12 year old girl to be out by herself in the environment you described.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: