You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Demon Following Me My Entire Life, Now Wanting To Kill Me

Real Ghost Stories

A Demon Following Me My Entire Life, Now Wanting To Kill Me

 

I do not know anything about demons, however I have experienced some paranormal activity, starting when I was a child, but my mother taught me that it was just a friendly spirit, not wanting to do any harm and she told me to ignore it. It wasn't until I was a lot older that I found out that her and her siblings had some scary experiences from fooling around with a Ouija board when they were kids. My mom will not tell me about what happened, all she said was that her little brother was possessed, had an exorcism performed, lost most of his vision for a long time but after much praying and getting blessed by a priest he got his eyesight back. My mom has shared many stories of ghosts from her childhood and her cousins and family all attest to this and I have drawn the conclusion from their stories that my grandmother (whom died before I was born) had the ability to communicate with the non-living.

My first experience was when I was 6 years old, eating my cereal at the kitchen table before school. My mom had packed lunches for my brother and I the night before and had set them on the counter that morning, ready to go, as usual. I was just about to take a bite of my cereal and my lunch pale went flying across the room. I was stunned for a few seconds, not knowing what to do or what to think. I then ran to my mom crying and she said not to worry about it and she would explain it all to me later. She then told me it was a spirit who just wanted to get my attention but told me to ignore it because I could make it unhappy since I am living and it is dead and it would be mean to interact with it. So I grew up feeling bad for this thing. Instead of being afraid every time something strange happened - doors opening and closing repetitively, knocking on the walls, loud footsteps running through the room (I could go on) - I felt bad for it because all it wanted was attention but giving it attention would be mean. So I ignored it my entire life in hopes that it would move on and find a way to escape the between (limbo, or being caught between earth and heaven).

In high school, I started getting this odd feeling that someone was following me. This is where I get confused. I am not sure if what I saw was a demon or a spirit because it looked human, but I got this awful feeling that it wanted to kill me. It was this older man, maybe 50s or 60s and he had very broad shoulders - he looked big, but not fat if that makes sense. He wore a black suit and a black top hat and he looked as though he never smiled a day in his life. He was always with me and followed me everywhere. For example, walking down the street I would see him up ahead, like he was waiting for me. I would always catch him out of the corner of my eye and for the first year he would always disappear as soon as I turned and got a glance of him. But over time he just got closer to me and he moved out of my peripheral and into my direct eyesight. I thought I was hallucinating at this time but nonetheless it terrified me.

After 3 years of this getting worse and worse with the paranormal stuff still happening at home, when I was in grade 11, December 27 (I will always remember this day like it was yesterday and I even wrote it down in my diary to keep it on record), I was in my bed just getting ready to fall asleep, but still awake and then I felt the presence of someone in the hallway outside my door. I thought it was my mom coming to ask me a question so I rolled over to look and this man was standing in my doorway, glaring at me. His eyes showed excitement but his face still looking like he has never once smiled. I noticed he was holding a large knife and I instantly tried to scream as realization of what his intentions were set in. I couldn't make a single sound and I couldn't move at all. Pressure was holding my entire body very still and as I was panicking and freaking out on the inside all I could do was watch him.

He walked toward me, steadily and passionately like he was on a mission and once he was standing over-top of me he raised the knife above his head and I was so terrified in this moment, I am crying thinking about it. He stabbed the knife down into my chest and though I felt no blade I felt the impact of his fist slamming against my chest. It felt like a bowling ball was dropped onto my chest. I couldn't breathe for about 10 seconds after that and it felt like my chest was crushed but as soon as I felt impact he disappeared and I was left alone gasping for air. As soon as I took my first breath in I shot up straight and began screaming and crying. My mom ran to me and asked me what was wrong but I told her it was just a nightmare. I couldn't sleep that night, but I never saw the man ever again after that.

So the reason I am posting now? This voice in my head for the past 3 months has been telling me that I have a demon within me that is trying to reach my soul. The voice is advising me to let it in and has demanded that I do so or else it will kill me. It explicitly told me to say to it: "I know you're there. I know you've been with me the entire time. I did not let you have me because I was afraid. I am no longer afraid. I am yours for the taking. Welcome and enjoy." This voice is really scaring me. I am losing my mind. I have no idea what to do or what to think. I never thought my experiences were paranormal but this voice is telling me that my entire life has been a lie and that it was all a demon, trying to find a way inside of me. I don't recognize this voice, it sounds like a man.

Maybe I am delusional, but I just thought I'd ask to see if this is possible. Can demons appear in human figures? Can they speak to you in your head? If not, I am delusional and I will speak to my doctor about this and hopefully get this resolved. But I am just getting this really weird feeling that this voice is from the demon who is trying to get inside of me. It keeps telling me to trust it. I know this sounds crazy and I would never believe anyone to be in the right state of mind if they told me anything like this, but this is happening to me and I don't know anything about this kind of stuff and I'm afraid that it's real.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EasyC, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

anime_love (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-08)
Hi I'm new to this site and am really interested in these kinds of things but yet don't know lots. I've read multiple stories where the author was "paralyzed" during a presence so my question are they frozen in fear? Or can spirits/entities somehow prevent you from moving?
Liyana (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
Idk if this way work for u, but this work to me, I always say this to cast out evil spirit, I can't talk or move when saw evil spirit, so I pray in my heart and I reply it so manytime until the spirit gone. I said " I accept you Jesus christ as my Savior and My Lord, I give my soul in Your hands, save me from evil, In Jesus Christ name I cast out evil Spirit from this place". I reply it and its gone and can't hurt me.
MusicLover28 (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
Whatever you do, don't let it in. 😭 Bad things will happen if you do.
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-16)
I should also add that some good advise here has already been offered, I would go see a doctor about hearing voices that is a real concern. I'd mentioned sleep paralysis because you eluded to the paralysis as being connected to this man, I'm confident that's not the case, they are separate... IMO your fear of this account triggered your own consciousness to paralyse you. Are you sure you didn't close your eyes for even a split second? I'm thinking your account was more of a psychic vision not from this reality, because if this voice needs to ask for your permission to let it in. It would have no hope of paralysing you in the physical realm with Newtonian law to deal with even though you physically felt the knife or blunt force. That was more likely to do with a few of the 37 trillion cells we have in our body, which interact with our consciousness to deliver our macroscopic conditions. According to some biologist who believe in the holographic universe without going into that... Each of these cells have their own receptors. So if let's say, your were in one of these illusionary realities or think of it like the matrix, where morpheus and Keanu reeves went into a training room. Sometimes an entity, a loved one, a malicious spirit can be interact with us under those conditions. Which seem as real as ever!

Regards Daz
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-16)
I think you have experienced a double whammy here... I think there may be a malicious soul ceasing an opportunity to scare the wits out of you on the cuss of psychic communication along with a bout of sleep paralysis making your situation even worse. I was stabbed through the chest with a knife some years ago and actually felt the blade go through, not nice, I know what you'd experienced and as like you, I was wide awake in bed ready for sleep, it wasn't a demon, it wasn't a malicious ghost clown trying to be funny. It was actually a lost soul looking for help as I'd later found out... I never had the paralysis, because I wasn't frighten, your mother has been right all along...don't worry about it and what ever you do, don't go down the road of believing in demons or they'll start believing in you, your sleep paralysis will see to that.

Regards Daz
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-15)
Hi thank you for sharing your story, very brave you are. I just wanted to lend you some support, I have never come across a negative entity but I do know any entity or paranormal occurrences can be frighting and cause huge amounts of stress. That you have been asked to suppress your emotions and ignore these happenings much of your life without support can be taking a toll on your body and I agree it is a good idea to get a COMPLETE medical check up. The voices in particular are worrisome to me. I'm in agreement that it is important to rule out any organic cause first and foremost.

Bear with me while I explain what severe stress and constant worry can do to your body. You can'be getting much rest, with the fear of him coming back and the voices going on. When you are in the fright or flight mode for a long time you produce an abundance of cortisol, which is not good for your health. Cortisol levels normally fluctuate throughout the day and night in a circadian rhythm that peaks at about 8 AM and reaches it lowest around 4 AM. While it is vital to health for the adrenals to secret more cortisol in response to stress, it is also very important that bodily functions and cortisol levels RETURN TO NORMAL following a stressful event.

Unfortunately, in our current high-stress culture, the stress response is activated so often that the body does not always have a chance to return to normal.* This can lead to health problems resulting from too much circulating cortisol and/or from too little cortisol if the adrenal glands become chronically fatigued (adrenal fatigue). One of the side affects of the cortisol switch getting "stuck" so to speak is anxiety and depression and, delusions. Been there done that myself.

All sorts of issues pop up with adrenal fatigue so it's important that you get a good physical to rule out any issues that may affect your cognitive abilities, sleep function and mental well being. Also it wouldn't hurt to start looking into optimum nutrition to feed your body and your immune system so it can handle the stress of your abilities until you can learn to control it or live with it. I no longer eat to feed my food desires but eat to function optimally and keep my immune system on high gear. A lesson learned late, but not too late. (and no, my diet is far from boring lol)

And TALK to someone. I don't know if you have ever watched "pyschic kids" but it may not hurt to watch a few on YouTube to help you understand you are NOT alone and you can learn to deal with your gift. I like it because the kids talk about how they feel and they are given suggestions on how to handle their situation. It says you are a young adult but it still wouldn't hurt! I wish you well!
MariaTPhD2B (6 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-15)
The tall man may not actually be a demon, but an ancestor warning you of a potential problem with your heart. See a doctor to have it checked, and explain that you woke from a sound sleep with a sharp pain in your chest. He will run a bunch of tests on you but this man following you may be trying to get you to act and was desperate to get you to do it quickly.

We do know that the brain has the capacity to receive information from the body and manifests the messages sometimes in an allegorical form, such as a stabbing of the chest. It is also possible that was happening here. Get it checked.

If nothing seems to be the problem, I would not dismiss this to a demon trying to get you. The problem with the other side is they are limited in their capacity to communicate with the living. They can do it with dreams or, when a person's neurology is receptive to it, through meditation. Unfortunately, that can leave you open to a lot of other negative stuff. Get your spiritual house in order and make sure you are wearing a St. Benedict medal.

I inherited a similar gift from my grandmother. We honed the ability (without realizing it) by simply praying together. Meditation puts you into a strong theta wave of the brain waves, similar to the place where your brain goes just before you drop off to sleep. That is the place where angels and spirits can communicate to you. I sense the man may either be a memory of another spirit who is trying to process a traumatic memory or someone who is looking out for you. The dead cannot kill the living. Even demons do not have this power. Only the living can injure the living.

However, the next time you have this type of experience, say the prayer to St. Michael the Archangel and talk to the spirit if you sense it there as if it is just another person (which...btw...it is.) Tell him (or her) that you are happy to listen to their story and you want to be supportive, but that you are unwilling to open yourself to any demons. If it persists and you sense it is just trying to get your attention, set the boundaries. All human beings, whether living or dead, need boundaries. Tell him or her what is and what is not acceptable in order to have any relationship with you. Banish all negative spirits in the name of Jesus from your life. Read up about mystical saints. They have experienced similar things.

Http://www.mysticsofthechurch.com/2013/12/the-battle-for-souls-mystic-saints-vs.html

You will remain in my prayers!
Marinnenir (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-15)
Thinking of it, Tweed's idea ab. 2 persons sounds very much probable. (Isn't it making ones more confused though 😆?)

You may say it clear, that if it's of good intent you're alright with it and if it tries to 'get you' that it is not welcome. Trust your gut feeling about it.

Anyways, cleansing and prayers won't hurt.

Good luck to you again:)
Marinnenir (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-15)
I only wonder how stupid this entity is to expose itself like that. It's obvious that it is negatively oriented and tries to take over.

1.) First of all
pray to whatever loving God you may believe and to those who serve loving intent for help.

2.) What I also found useful is: Really don't be afraid of it. It just tries to make you 'in the mood' for itself.

3.) Burn sage incence (once a day or so). Try to meditate breathing into your heart while praying. Worse than this one pestered many, and they were shown their place.

4.) Also...don't only stare at it, tell it to back off.

5.) While it 'pesters'you - remember some kind of loving experience and pay him no heed.

6.) If it comes to protective stones, Amethyst works miracles, but Rose quartz is also OK. But clean them every day or every two days (put in water with sea salt).

7.) If you are anyhow Christian try Archangel Michael prayer.

8.) Remember, that even 15 minutes of effort a day can make miracles.

9.) No worries, you will make it through. Scaring with death or hell is an old and pitiful trick.

Good luck:)
xlauraloux (20 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-14)
Hiya

I think that you need to speak to your mum and tell her everything, if it's paranormal or not, you still need to tell someone close to you for the safety of yourself and just generally to keep yourself still sane. Xx
Tweed (33 stories) (2475 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-14)
Hi EasyC,

You're way too lucid to let anything get the better of you. Anyone can tell from the way you've bravely written about this, that you are capable of rational thought. I'm very glad you're taking this seriously, and plan to tell a doctor.
In my opinion you are not delusional, as you have successfully told the truth about what you're experiencing. A true delusion would be to put all your thoughts in the one basket (ie Demon basket) and cry 'paranormal' for everything. You haven't done this, you're keeping an open mind to all possibilities. This shows great strength and clarity in what must be a terrifying and confusing time.

Always trust what your gut tells you. Whether this voice is paranormal or not, you know either way it's talking crap. From a paranormal point of view I'd say there's nothing 'inside' you that shouldn't be there. But something is trying to get to you, based on what the voice says and the wording. But its wording confirms it's not 'inside' you.

It never hurts to try a cleansing/shielding. Here's a link to one a lot of us here use, scroll down for instructions. These kinds of rituals are important for anyone sensitive to the paranormal.
Http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155

There's something about this man who 'stabbed' you. I think there's a huge chunk of the puzzle missing. Consider it wasn't you he was stabbing but 'something' else within you, given your family's paranormal history. Note he kept his distance from you, worked up to full apparition over time, then stabbed your chest. You didn't feel the blade, only the force of his fist making strong impact on your chest. But you never felt the blade and you haven't seen him since. Think about it, maybe he didn't stab you, but something else inside you. Thus keeping the voice entity from entering you today. Based on a similar experience of my own, I don't think this man is 'evil'. I think the man with the knife and the man who speaks to you are two separate entities. The man who speaks to you is obviously an idiot. His wording is careless and does not match the skill and composure displayed by knife guy.

Please listen to Daniel, Dreamer and Lady Glow, they've given some great insights.

Hope you can find some answers here. Do let us know how you get on.
Take care.
Daniel44 (1 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-14)
EasyC

While I don't have any firm answers about what you are experiencing I do recognize that whatever is going on is reaching a bad state. Remember, you have power over your life, your mind, and soul. I'd recommend telling yourself that when you hear this voice.

It is important to keep you head above water. Doctor's and Psychiatrist's can give you some tools to help you do this and keep you focused on living a full life regardless of whatever spiritual journey you are on, I always believe it is important not to fully give in to it. In time, with healing, I feel like these experiences can turn positive and uplifting, instead of frightening.
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-13)
hi easyc,

As with most things I would always recommend starting out from a logical and scientific angle first i.e. Exhausting every angle to try and debunk your experiences.

Go to your doctor first and see what course of action him/her recommends.

For some reason my " radar " is starting to kick in. (pardon me for the seemingly corny reference to " intuition ".) I felt drawn to read your account once more for clarification of the facts as you have relayed them.

It is not my intension at all to disrespect you in any way, and, I believe that you have experienced what you have said you have. It seems that there is a lot of " drama " in your family and that there always has been as you referenced that your parents and their siblings experienced a lot. That is a great deal of not so positive energy being created and if you believe, being deposited in the environment which includes people.

Have you ever considered that this mindset of energies has somehow imprinted on the way you view the world and has become a normal expectation for you?

Like energies attract, that is indisputable. I see it everyday how people despair at their misfortunes when they do not realise that they themselves in the main are attracting these energies into their lives. It works the same way for these people that are, or do consider themselves blessed or lucky.

I honestly think that there is a resolution for you close at hand but please take it one step at a time and look at all the options.


respectfully with blessings, dreamer

😊 😊
HunterOfGhost (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-13)
A demon can surely appear to you as anything. Why, if it is trying to take you over, it would appear as a grumpy old man I don't know. Seems that since it can appear to you as anything, and wants to gain your trust, it would come to you as something more appealing. Not saying that it never would however. I would seek advise from your religious leader as lady-glow mentioned. Even if it ends up being just a spirit/ghost/soul, (which by the way cannot posses you) and not a demon (which obvioisly can) at least you will have peace of mind. Good luck with everything and please keep us informed
Bonifaz (2 stories) (51 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-13)
Hello EasyC,

This is very scary. Demons can appear in any form and shape they want, in your case as an old man wearing a suit and black black top hat (which seems to be quite common for evil entities). He probably got inside you that night when he ceremonially "stabbed" you. I only wonder why he's stayed silent for all these years. You are obviously in great danger. I would contact a priest. Not any priest, but a priest you have great confidance in.

And as far as your mother goes: she probably invited the demon into our world when she was messing with that ouija board. It could very well be the same demon that attacked her brother.
rdam122 (5 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2015-10-13)
Demons are known to try and collect human souls for... You know who. I would advise to go and talk to one of the father from a catholic church and do something about it.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-13)
The entity could be a demon or the soul of an evil person trying to possess you.

I have some questions: assuming that all of these events happened to you in the same house and based on your mother's experiences when she was young -did she ever ask for any kind of religious help or advice on how to get rid of this "spirit trying to get your attention"?
Did the rest of your family witness/experience the same activity?

You do not mention your religious beliefs, if any, or if you have tried to ask for the help from a church, but if you practice any religion it would be a good idea to talk to a priest, pastor, elder or minister about your situation and the possible ways to help you.

It is important to check your health too, stress, depression, some medications and drugs could be causing this voices in your head... Personally, I think this would be the best case scenario.

Good luck and keep us posted.
zacideno (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-13)
do not let it in, if you are hearing voices it could be the demon your seeing getting you to let him in. Remember you said your mums brother was possessed the same thing could happen to you. Keep avoiding it and tell someone in your family especially your mum if she knows it. But don't give in to it.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: