You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Walkng Dead

Real Ghost Stories

The Walkng Dead

 

My father-in-law told me this story once. This was when he and my mother-in-law where still young and dating. It's not a very long story but it's pretty creepy.

After visiting a friend late one night mom and dad jumped into the car and decided to drive down a certain road that was known to be haunted. Apparently it was once an old burial ground but now it's covered with houses and shops. They were still very cheeky at that time so that didn't bother them. It was also a shorter way to get home so they agreed to take that route.

While they were driving down the long narrow road they saw, just ahead, a group of people walking on the road towards them. Dad just thought they were a bunch of drunkens walking home from the clubs (this road is also connected to the city, just touching the outskirts). Knowing this fully well he sounded the horn to get their attention, but they didn't seem to notice at all (mind you this is around 3 in the morning). So since dad was pretty tired he decided to drive straight but slow to force them out of the way but no matter how close he got to them they didn't seem to notice him, they didn't even twitch.

As dad got closer he noticed some odd things, they were all old looking. Their skin was all wrinkled up and they looked exhausted. Instantly he realised what they were, ghosts! He then stepped on the gas and shot straight through them desperate to get away from there. The fact that he drove through them was enough evidence for both mom and dad. When they reached home they said their rosary and went to bed unharmed and safe.

But when I think about this story he told me I usually wonder about where they were going or why the were even walking about in the night. Thoughts?

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Von, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

AzeemahFJ (3 posts)
 
3 months ago (2023-12-26)
Any idea which road it was? I'd love to go investigate other similar stories from the area.
Lesila0914 (1 stories) (9 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-06-04)
Oh my, I would have fainted behind the wheel. Glad they got home safely!
redheadmomma28 (1 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-18)
wow talk about freaky I really don't know how to even respond to it. What a great story though.
Von (1 stories) (4 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-18)
Hi there,
Thanks for that, I don't even know much about that place or what to make of it but your suggestion makes sense I guess.:)
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-16)
Von,

It sounds residual... Do you know what the burial practices are and or were for that area?

If elderly priest led the processions to the grave site then purhaps what they saw was a residual imprint of a funeral procession...

Or maybe a resideual imprint of priests going to bless the old graves...

Just a guess or two on my part.

Respectfully,

Rook

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: