You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Floating In The Air

Real Ghost Stories

Floating In The Air

 

I've experienced sleep paralysis a few times. This experience was quite different. I was about 15 years old and I was up late on a school night. I was dreading going to bed... I was looking for other stuff to do. I was avoiding my room altogether but I didn't know why.

Finally, trying to be responsible so I could get up for school in the morning, I dragged my feet to my room. I readied for sleep still very uneasy. I jumped into my bed and as I laid my head down on my pillow, the memory of the experience I had the previous night came flooding back into me. Frightened, I jumped back out of my bed and ran upstairs to be with my parents and tell them what happened to me.

Here is what happened. It was in the middle of the night. I was awakened by something gripping me very tightly. I could not see anything in the room because it was dark and I could not speak. There was an intense buzzing noise in my ear as though I was tightly clenching my jaw. I tried to cry out but no noise came out. I could sense that I was floating in the air with my back arched backwards and I was facing up with my arms hanging down. I was taught from a small age that I can command evil spirits to leave. I could not do so because I could not speak. I tried with all my might but could not get anything out. After struggling like this for what seemed like only 15 seconds, I gave up the will to struggle. I don't remember anything after that and didn't remember the experience until the following night.

It has always scared me that I gave up the will to struggle and then don't remember anything after that. I've had reoccurring nightmares about the experience that have faded over the past 20 years until now I can't remember the last nightmare about it I had was.

My regular episodes of sleep paralysis are simply a buzzing noise in my ear and not being able to move or talk. Out of curiosity I've even tried hard to open my eyes. These episodes don't scare me and I usually fall back asleep completely in a few seconds. I understand that it could have entirely been sleep paralysis. But I feel strongly that something attacked me while I was in this vulnerable state.

Other hauntings by TheCavalry

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Utah

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, TheCavalry, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-20)
I believe this was a sleep paralysis experience. When you gave up the struggle, you went back deeper asleep and the experience ended. From my own experience, I have found when I have a sleep paralysis episode, if I relax and try to fall back deeper asleep, then I am able to wake myself up.
TheCavalry (3 stories) (5 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-19)
I hadn't ever looked at astral projection before -- thanks guys. I'll do some googling.

Also, I look forward to reading your story dreamer01.
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-18)
I had a very freaky experience let's say a veryyyy long time ago, not that I feel old or anything. It was very similar to yours and a few days later at school I mentioned it to a weird spaced out guy and he said I had an OBE. But, I think the details will go into my next story. The guy that told me about it said he could do it at will and was a great way to scare intruders. Lol...! 😲 😉 😆
shelly_2429 (4 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-18)
I don't know much about this, but I believe that when you hear a buzzing in your ear, or like a ringing, it's astral projection. It also turns into sleep paralysis I believe. I had it once but didn't know what it was until I googled it and went onto this mediums page and she explained what it was. There was also a bit in the astral projection, that demons or evil spirits can sometimes control you to go over to the astral realm while you're asleep. Try googling astral projection, sounds like what happened to you, and that bit where you were floating above your bed may of just been your soul and not your physical body.
rdam122 (5 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-16)
Sleep paralysis is kind of common when you're tired. I heard from friends that if you have sleep paralysis, put something under your bed.

I think you might have been visited by demon or evil spirit. I kind of have a similar situation myself, but not floating. When it happened to me in 2011, I prayed to god for help and I can move.

If it ever happen again, just pray to the lord our god for help.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: