You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Watching Little Girl

Real Ghost Stories

The Watching Little Girl

 

To this day, I don't know how I feel about ghosts. I know what I've seen over the years, and what I've felt. But I still don't want to believe. Maybe because I feel safer if I don't.

This story happened when I was in (late) elementary school. This story has multiple parts, so bear with me. I know it's a bit long.

I was at my friends Stephanie's house for a sleepover. All the guests met up at a park and stayed outside until it was actually time for bed. This was the first time I had ever been in her house. Her house seemed very cool to young kids. There was the main floor, but it had about 4 or 5 steps that led to another "sub-floor" which was probably only 3 to 4 feet below the main floor. You could see the main floor from this sub-floor. There were wooden railings that separated the two, so you had to use the stairs. This sub-floor had only one door in the room, which led to the basement. This door was usually left open.

We set up our sleeping bags on this sub-floor, gossiped, and eventually fell asleep. But, randomly, I woke up during the middle of the night. I felt that I needed to - HAD to - go into the basement. It was like every inch of me felt this. I sat up, staring at the closed basement door, trying to figure out the easiest path through the sleeping bags to the door. But suddenly, I heard a noise. I turned around to see my good friend, Sydney, staring at me. Sydney looked completely freaked out, but it wasn't surprising. I would be freaked out if someone randomly sat up during the night and stared at a closed door! But there went my plan to go into the basement. I still felt like I needed to go down there, but I knew there was no way I could unobserved. Somehow, I dozed back off, still itching to venture into the basement.

Hours later, I was woken up suddenly by a radio blasting. The weird thing was, no one else seemed to have heard it. There was some light coming through the windows. (I'm assuming it must have been around the time the sun was rising.) I looked up towards to the wooden railings, and to my surprise, there was a little girl standing behind it. She stared at me with her big dark brown eyes, her thick, dark brown hair was slightly wavy. She was wearing a white dress that looked like it had some light pink pattern stitched onto it. Stephanie was the oldest of three, so I assumed it was one of her two little sisters. For some reason, I felt like I shouldn't talk to her. She made no move to come towards me, but just continued to make eye contact with me. I felt uncomfortable. I recall looking down at my pillow, wondering if I should lay back down and ignore her, or shoo her away. Suddenly, the radio cut out. I looked backup and the girl was gone. I assumed that she had gone off to turn on the radio. But she didn't come back, and I heard no more noises.

I had to leave the party early due to a soccer game, and didn't get a chance to talk to Stephanie about the girl. On Monday at school though, as I was walking out of the building with her and Sydney, I brought it up. I mentioned how I saw one of her little sisters and thought she was cute, but Stephanie's response was odd. She asked me when I had seen her sisters. I explained seeing one of them while we were all sleeping overnight. Stephanie seemed confused, and her answer confused me.

"My sisters went straight to my grandparents' house after school last Friday. Neither of them were at the house."

I felt chills. Could I have dreamed it? I made up some story about how I was probably dreaming, and walked away. But Sydney, who was Stephanie's best friend, said something that would really freak me out. She came up and started asking me if the little girl I saw had thick, wavy, dark brown hair. If she wore a white dress with light pink stitching. If she had big dark brown eyes. The girl she was describing was definitely the girl I saw. But, she told me it wasn't a sister of Stephanie.

Sydney told me that every time she had been to Stephanie's house, she had seen this little girl. But no one else in the family seemed to notice her. If they played outside, the little girl would watch from a window. If they ate in the kitchen, the little girl would stand just outside of the kitchen and stare. She always just watched, and she never entered the same room as anyone else. Until, that party.

Sydney said she woke up during the middle of the night, and saw this little girl standing over ME. Staring at me as I slept. That she slipped past all the sleeping bodies and into the basement, closing the door behind her. A few seconds after the door closed, I sat up and stared at the basement door. From what we can figure out, as soon as the door closed, I woke up and felt the strong urge to go into the basement.

I have absolutely no clue what this ghost wanted with me. Was it to hurt me? To show me something? I'll never know. After that, I never went to Stephanie's house again. I hope to never find out what this little girl in white wanted with me. As far as I know, Sydney and I are the only two people to have ever seen her.

Note: A few weeks after the party, I would see Stephanie's sisters. They looked nothing like the girl I saw, so I'm going to conclude that they were definitely not messing with me.

Other hauntings by NinjaPirateAssasin

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Illinois

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, NinjaPirateAssasin, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NinjaPirateAssasin (9 stories) (16 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-10)
DandK, I'm afraid that Stephanie has long since moved out of the house and I no longer know the current owners. So staying in the place is no longer an option. 😕

Sydney told me she had mentioned the girl to the family, but none of them had ever seen her and thought she was messing around with them. From the sounds of it, she only mentioned the girl once or twice and never did it again.

Sydney only told me she had seen her standing outside of multiple rooms, and would sometimes see her at a window when outside of the house. But she was clearly freaked out by her and didn't want to go into specifics. (I think, and still think, that she's under the impression that talking about her too much might bring her around.)

No, I didn't! Looking back, I totally should have. But, since Sydney had no luck telling Stephanie and her family about it, I assumed I wouldn't have any luck either and never tried.
DandK (11 stories) (344 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-03)
NinjaPirateAssasin,

That was a scary story! I think I would have tried to go back with Sydney and spend the night and try to get a picture. I say that because she could see her too, and it would have been a little less frightening.

A couple of questions:
1. Did Sydney say whether she had asked or talked to Stephanie about this apparition?

2. Did Sydney describe any of her other encounters?

3. Did you ever tell Stephanie about it?

Thanks for sharing your story!
mynameissu (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-18)
she could be trying to show you something. Carry salt by you 😁 be careful
godbeliever786 (1 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-18)
Don't worry
She must be a harmless spirit as she not attacked you and there are some spirit who just want to contact humans and share something. However don't do such things again such as going to any unknown place at night... Take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: