You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Satanic Cult Encounter

Real Ghost Stories

Satanic Cult Encounter

 

I don't know where to start. Let me just say that I am a strong Christian and you should never mess with evil. Just over 2 years ago in early October, me and a few of my friends had been toilet papering people every week. It was sort of our little rendition. We had always heard of a supposedly "satanic cult" that was nearby, about 10 minutes from our high school.

At this point in our lives we had all graduated, '05. We thought it would be fun if we could sneak on to the cult's property and fork and TP them. My friends had been drinking a little so I drove my friend's car. We parked down the road in some lumber yard type of deal. We all had masks and were dressed in dark clothing. I was scared myself, because I've always wanted to see something with my own eyes and I though I was really about to.

This place was in the middle of nowhere, and there was a pretty full moon, I just remember it being fairly light outside. We had to climb through a fence and we took our time about it. There were a total of 5 of us. (Jesse L, Jesse D, Alex, Andy and myself). Once we got through the fence, there was a grass pasture, we were all walking slowly, when there was a loud eerie noise that, to me, sounded like an old screen door slamming shut. We froze, and bent down at the knees. As far as we could tell, no one else was around.

So after several minutes we continued. We got to a forest like area with trails and a small building, a very old small church. On it said "church of christ" There was a light on it and we tried to open it, but it was locked. We stood around for at least 15 minutes trying to look inside this thing, but it was dark inside. At one point I heard something move across the floor. So with nothing really happening at this cult, we left.

We walked back down the dirt road to the lumber place to get in my friend's car. I had the keys. I couldn't get the door open, the key wouldn't work, my friend even tried and it wouldn't unlock. Now this thing had an old key chain thing to push "lock", "unlock", but they didn't work and without me pressing anything, all of a sudden the alarm went off and the lights start flashing and then the car was unlocked. We all piled in, because supposedly the guy who owned the lumber yard is a real mean SOB. So I put it into drive and got cruising down the road when all of a sudden the lights just shut off, complete darkness. I did not touch anything. Then we had to find the switch and the lights came back on. I slammed on the brakes of course when the lights shut off. So I don't know if a spirit or demon was messing with us, saying don't mess with me. Who knows.

We didn't end of TPing them. The scariest thing that happened was when I got home the next day. I live about 25 miles from where the cult was. I pull up in to my drive way and I saw multiple cats, it was about 3-4 pm so the sun was glaring, I couldn't really tell how many there were. I had one cat, but not anymore than that. So I get out of my car, I love cats by the way. But not these. They were 3 identical all black cats, not yet full grown. No idea where they came from, my dad didn't have any idea where they came from and they happen to just appear out of nowhere, the day after I go messing around at a satanist cult.

So I told a few people, and my sister works with a guy who was supposedly a ghost hunter on the side, she told him about it and he said that it was a warning sign not to be taken lightly. Bad things come in threes. I got rid of those cats, I put them in a box and drove them outside of a town about 7 miles from where I live. The weird thing was when I took them out in the country to a small road my friend said would be a good spot, an all black car followed me down 2 different roads, I put on my blinker to go on the small road, it's actually called clinton TRAIL, so it's small. It put on its blinker to follow. So I said screw this and I went straight. I got out, threw the cats out of the box and haven't went back to the cult since.

I guess this is nothing too unbelievable, but it's true.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Brad, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2014-12-15)
Ifihadyoux,
Very good point. I understand what your saying, and it's true. I know for sure I'm never going to discriminate to someone against religion, or even mess with someone's religion, you never no what may happen. If I did, I'd probably end up going to hell.
ifihadyoux (6 stories) (607 posts)
+2
9 years ago (2014-12-15)
This story is several years old but I am going to go ahead and comment. Looking at it just from a religious point of view, why tamper with someone else's beliefs? That's really rude and you wouldn't like it if someone messed with your church?!? Disrespectful.
Anyway, yeah I would say that's a warning sign that I hope you took into consideration. Considering we haven't heard from you since, I am assuming you did.
Sam222 (8 stories) (461 posts)
-1
9 years ago (2014-12-15)
Wow, I would like to thank this person for sharing their story. Seriously. This must have been terrifying. I'd also like to say, well written, I understood every part of it. And to everyone else who has read and will read this story;i I think this teaches a Valuable lesson: Don't mess with hell. I don't have any particular religious beliefs but I do believe in hell. And if anyone does something like this after they've read this story, and something bad happens its their fault, because this would have served as a good reason not to. I'm glad this story was posted.
fancyfeast (2 stories) (6 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
I'm just pissed about the cats, dude. Why? That was really mean: (
darkassassin92 (119 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-07-30)
Not to sound and rude its kind of off topic I do not think satanist are always evil yes I'm an atheist I used to believe in god and stuff but not anymore sorry if I sound like an evil person I'm just saying my point I know a girl she likes satan but doesn't mean she is evil she changed her name she can me moody though.
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
To JordanNightingale,
In no way was I judgemental. I asked questions about it because I was genuinely curious. If I was judgemental I would have said. I also agree with miracles, no need to cause drama.

To Miracles,
Thanks for the insight.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
JordanNightingale - calm down a little bit, okay? This story is 5 years old and the last time anyone "judged" him was at least 3 years ago. The comments between his last comment and yours weren't judgmental, so let's not drag up new drama on a story that is this old and the old drama has long since calmed down on. Okay? 😊
JordanNightingale (2 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-17)
I personally believe that messing with cults is just a stupid thing to do. I'm an atheist but believe that cults do have a lot of power when in groups.

And will everyone stop judging him on what he's done? He's shared an experienced to everyone, I'm sure he doesn't want to be judged for something he done when he was a kid. No-one is perfect, ALL religious people with do something horrible in their life, so don't judge your fellow believer on some mistake they made. Allow God to help you, don't judge, only listen and help
mamachong (11 stories) (228 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-26)
I realise this is posted 5 years after you published the story, don't know if you still follow up on your own story, but I have to ask, how do you know they are evil? Did they act different, attack you? Did their eyes glow red? I believe your story how ever I'm curious to know what made you determine the cats were evil?
lizziebee1992 (2 stories) (37 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-01-12)
thats creepy. That really is creepy. If that were me I would be freaking out like crazy
Sheldon (4 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-04)
To all you guys please don't take offence but like what the hell? Talking about being christian like and judging Brad about what he did to those kitty's bad things come in threes and you know what if ull were so damn concerned about being christian like w.t.f you doing on this site because in the bible you are instructed not to take part in anything paranormal or not to entertain t things of this sort because you will go to hell. So let's just keep it real and don't try to act like saints. God is watching you
Alejsergio12 (10 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-04-22)
I need to tell you something about santanic cults. They are beyond powerful groups of supernaturals. They have beyond power and should not be taken lightly... At all. I know a way to beat at least one satanic holder but multiple is hard, even for a group of fully trained ghost hunters. It's not impossible. I've taken an entire cult of 12 satanic believers down. I wish to ecplain this more in detail but I must leave for now. I wish for you or anyone with questions to contact me at newyorkhighschoolstudent [at] gmail.com
Brad (1 stories) (18 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2010-02-16)
To childofthelotus, I don't believe the people had anything to do with the cats. I believe it was evil spirits, demons.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2009-10-25)
I agree with Satansgirl. Good story, but probably mis-informed. I am Satanic (not in a cult), and I can tell you we don't go around picking on people or sending cats to scare people. It probably wasn't a smart idea to go around their property. There may have been cult activity around the area, whether it was Satanic or not. If there truly was, you're lucky you weren't hurt.
Brad (1 stories) (18 posts)
-1
14 years ago (2009-10-23)
To CrRonaldo, although they are people and do have every right to do what they want. It doesn't mean that it's right. Satan is evil and wants you to ruin your life so you can be damned just like him. I believe Christ is the way. If I'm wrong, then no harm done and When I die, that's it. But if I'm right then everyone else is in Hell forever, and I'll be sipping kool-aid with Moses, or something like that.
CrRonaldo17 (3 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-08-30)
This is very common and expected from Christians, don't feel too bad. It is what happens when someone takes a 3000 year old piece of literature and group of philosophical ideas and treats it as though it was real. The given person then becomes judgemental and utterly disrespectful toward the different. Satanists are people, like yourself, following their own philosophy, maybe their own fairy tale, but completely on their right to do so. They certainly wouldn't take kittens and abuse their power as you did, though. ❤
codove1 (8 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
Thats good to hear 😁 I and most people have a natural protection of critters that can't care for them selves. Thats why you have recieved so many lectures.
Good Day! 😁
Brad (1 stories) (18 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-06-28)
To codove1, I don't believe it was the color of the cats that made them evil, just the fact that they came out of nowhere the same time I went to the cult and that there were 3 of them. Also Karma does not exist and I will be fine. I actually just rescued a few week old kitten that was outside of a hotel I worked at in town. I took it home and he is doing fine. Trust me, I am probably the biggest cat lover a person has met, these cats were not good.
codove1 (8 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-06-26)
wow this story really got to me on so many levels. When you ended this story by throwing the kittens in to the field. All I have to say about that is karma isn't very nice when it comes back. I believe that black cats are angels sent from above. I own 2 black cats 1 with bright yellow eyes and the other has bright green eyes. When my daughter passed away I was truly on the brink of death this black cat made it way to my house and then again on her 10 year of being gone I was depressed and crying all the time and I open my door and there is a black kitten on my porch. My depression left and I do believe that he was sent to comfort me which he did. Alway remeber Karma always returns 10 fold so beware those lost kittens was either ate by other critters or starved either way you are evil in my eyes god would not have throw kittens out of a car now would he.
Good luck and just watch your back karma lurkes.
Brad (1 stories) (18 posts)
-3
15 years ago (2009-05-31)
To Clark, I put the kittens on a very secluded road. Close to a farm. The were old enough to find their way to it.
clark_w_griswold (3 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-05-29)
i think it was really dumb to have taken the cats to a field first of all, especially if they were babies.
Second of all, you are christian, yet you want to screw with satanic stuff?
I'm not even religious and I know to leave it alone unless you want trouble.

Just because there were 3 cats, and they were black, that was a really dumb reason to be scared. It's not their fault they wound up there.
I just hate thinking about animal cruelty and this was obviously a cruel act and probably had nothing to do with your situation yet you took 3 little kittens to a field where they probably got run over the next day trying to cross the road.

I just think this story was dumb in all ways, you obviously arent a very bright person to go searching for your questions, you're going to get them answered.
Dabbling with the satanic stuff whether you're christan or not is just dumb.
Brad (1 stories) (18 posts)
-2
15 years ago (2009-04-05)
To angelaandmaxthedragon, my God is your God. He is everyones God. Whether you choose to believe in him or not. Witchcraft is stupid and is all empowered by Satan.
Angelaandmaxthedragon (11 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-21)
yes I am into witchcraft but seeing the cats was a sign so what if you are judging. Let your god deal with you. Plus not all witches are bad
And the ones that are choice to be for there own reasons. But really, the only black witches I have had to deal (trying to put a cure on me cause I tryed to stop them from trying to have sex with my now x- boyfriend) with ended up asking me to stop doing whatever I did to them. When all I did to them was pray to the mother goddess for aid. Hehehe 🤔
Brad (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
To Troyarn, it sounds to me like you are judging. But wait, are you a christian? Because if you are, it would probably be unchristian to judge. So that is why you didn't, correct? Maybe I did some stupid things then, TPing, Getting rid of the cats in the matter that I did. Did I break any commandments? I think not. 1. I believe that Jesus Christ Died for all of our sins. 2. I believe that God is the Creator of the universe. 3. I excepted Jesus into my heart. So what else is there to know. Am I perfect? No. Am I Human? Yes.
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-18)
I believe this story completely and must say that from reading it, I cannot see anything in it to make me believe you are a Christian. I am not judging, but I just don't see it.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-05)
Well at least I'm not crazy. 😲 Thank you for the confirmation, that makes me feel a wee bit better.

Respectfully,

Rook
Brad (1 stories) (18 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-02-04)
To Rook, When I wrote that comment the other day I had felt like I had written it before. So a second a go I went to see if I could find the comment, but I could not. Weird, because I remember it too.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
Brad

Tell you've made this comment before... Please tell me you have because I've read your exact comment before... (this one "What I did was not Christian, but come on. I was 19 and it is fun to TP people, and when you think "hey let's mess with some REAL bad people" it sounds fun. I'm not justifying it, and I don't think all black cats are evil, I'm not even superstitious. But these cats were evil.")

I read it in relation to this story back in November when you first posted it. Someone please tell me they read it before as well. Anyone?

Not to freak people out, but I really do 'remember' reading that particular comment because I remember the cats in the story.

Respectfully,

Rook
Brad (1 stories) (18 posts)
-1
15 years ago (2009-02-02)
What I did was not Christian, but come on. I was 19 and it is fun to TP people, and when you think "hey let's mess with some REAL bad people" it sounds fun. I'm not justifying it, and I don't think all black cats are evil, I'm not even superstitious. But these cats were evil.
Satansgirl666 (14 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-01-26)
First of all, are you sure there was a cult or was it just a rumor? Second if you suspected cult activity you should have been more careful and just have let them alone. Cults can be very dangerous.

Also, maybe there was just a problem with your car. Even if it was a demon they were probably trying to tell you not to mess with cults. Sorry if whatever happened to you scared you, but it probably was not demonic.

Nice story though.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: