You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Grinning Man

Real Ghost Stories

Grinning Man

 

My nan's house has always had the 'your not alone' feeling in it. I have seen orbs flying around with my own eyes. Usually snake like orbs. My mother has seen them too.

I remember when me, my sister and my mother were living at my nan's while she was on holiday. We were sleeping in her spare room but it sounded like someone walked up to the door of the spare room and was banging on it violently for at least 10 minutes. The door was locked thank god.

One night, me and my sister were there when she wasn't home, my sis playing on her computer and me just watching TV. I went outside for a smoke, she has a deck outside. I was sitting on the stairs out there.

She had two dogs at the time, I was calling out to them because usually they come running to you as soon as you open the back door, but tonight not a sign of them.

I was still sitting down having my smoke, kind of scanning the darkness in the backyard, when I saw a shadow person kneeling down. I could see the outline of the body but the eyes and smile stuck out first, then I clicked it was someone looking at me. I ran inside thinking there was someone in the backyard. I had a panic attack, I couldn't even tell my sister because I couldn't breathe properly, but once I finally got out what I saw, we both freaked out and called my mother to come get us because we think someone/something's in the backyard. My mother got there and we looked through the glass doors nothing was there.

As I was writing this I just realized, a few years later I seen that other thing crouching down smiling... I wonder if it was the same thing? Maybe this thing follows me? Or maybe it follows my now ex at the time because I saw both of them in the few years he was in my life, who knows?

Either way I'd be very happy not to see something crouching or kneeling down smiling at me for the rest of my life.

Other hauntings by Os07

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Os07, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-23)
happy to see we are all still friends.

Let us move on to the next intriguing story.

😆 😊 😊
Os07 (5 stories) (11 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-23)
Lol yeah if I hear one little noise in the night I wake up my partner and make him check the whole house out. Lol. Its always something explainable tho:) My house now is the least scary house I have ever had and I'm so happy about that, even though I'm so interested in the paranormal, its nice to be left alone from it lol.

I would love if they made that, because its so hard to find anything that scares me, movies are predictable these days, and it sucks when I waste my days reading a book that turns out boring. Lol
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-23)
Os07, thanks for being gracious. 😊 I know I'd lose my marbles entirely (assuming any are still intact) if I heard loud angry banging on a door like that! I'd call the cops, a friend who knows martial arts but lives 2 hours away, and so on, haha. But skeptic or not, I'm the first to admit I'm a ridiculous scaredy-cat. Or is it scairdy-cat? SEE? I'm even afraid of misspelling a colloquialism. 😜

I wish there was a message board on here where we could discuss good scary books, films, etc. This site has such a great group of people whose recommendations I'm sure I'd love. But I'm also sure the mods would not love monitoring it, lol.
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-22)
hey boys and girls,
it, s all good and I am not offended. It is easy to forget what you have written sometimes and oso7 probably just forgot... Lol.

Your responses have been interesting and more insightful than you think. Thanks for sharing.
😊
Os07 (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-22)
I thought about that, if it was attached I probably would have known it was attached and seen it more... But I wonder if this man was connected to the other one me and my mother seen, or if they were two different beings.
This one was black, the other wasnt, but I have heard about spirits being mostly shadows when they can't form properly (not enough energy?) I dunno.
The two faces still haunt me though. Other one was definatly scarier looking.
Os07 (5 stories) (11 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-22)
It's fine willow,:)
I should have re-read my story before answering comments, its just I remember to check comments on here at stupid times, like this time I was cooking dinner trying to be quick lol.

I remember my mother was scared and told us to just be quiet...
The knocking all up did go for about 10 mins, but there was little moments of silence within that 10 minutes, like it was on and off. I should've mentioned that in my story. The silence inbetween really didn't last long though.
The knocking was loud and angry.
I guess because there's no way of breaking in quietly in my nans house my mother just knew it wasn't a real person.
samtillie (5 stories) (242 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
Hi, I think if something was following you or attached to you and wanted your attention, you would have seen it a lot more than you have over the years. What was your mothers reaction to the 10 minutes of banging on the door? Thanks
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
I understand now, Os07. I'm sorry I misinterpreted your tone; I dislike when someone does it to me, and here I am guilty of doing it. 😢

I admit to being puzzled, like dreamer01, as to why police weren't called during the prolonged banging though.
Os07 (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
It may of came off like I was laughing at what the other person said but I was not I got confused...
So I'm sorry to dreamer I meant nothing of it...

Its hard because I write my storys in my notes on my phone and sometimes add things or delete things before I publish them so I forgot what I have and haven't mentioned.
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
Os07, nothing I said was rude. I quoted you back at yourself, when you ridiculed something another person said which quoted you.
Os07 (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
Ohh that part, I forgot I put other things that happened in my nans house in this story. I wrote this a few weeks ago only realized it was published today so I forgot I mentioned that.
No need to be rude...
The banging happened when I was a kid... I don't know why my mother didn't call police. Guess she was use to strange things happening there.
WillowWaly (2 stories) (97 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
dreamer01 said:
'Sometimes when you are having a bad experience it can seem very much longer than you think. Are you sure it was 10 minutes of loud banging? After a minute or 2 I would be calling the police as I had to do 2 nights ago.'

Os07: 'There was no banging? Lol i'm abit confused...'

Os07, in the original story: 'We were sleeping in her spare room but it sounded like someone walked up to the door of the spare room and was banging on it violently for at least 10 minutes. The door was locked thank god.'

Why would you scoff at another person's input about something you yourself said?
Os07 (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
Oops forgot to add in, the teeth and eyes seemed to be glowing, I think that's why they stood out so much and I saw the eyes and teeth first.
Os07 (5 stories) (11 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
Dreamer01,
There was no banging? Lol i'm abit confused...
It was night time, but its never pitch black in my town we have a lot of street lights and lights from the house windows shineing outside, hope that helps.

Shelly,
Omg really. I'm glad i'm not the only one.
I recently heard of the grinning man myth, which reminded me of what I saw, because it was a man smiling at me. So maybe some of these myths are true.
shelly_2429 (4 stories) (6 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-21)
I've read two other stories like this on this site, the first was of a girl (pretty sure a girl anyways, I read the story ages ago) walking past her sisters bedroom and noticed inside a black figure sitting on the floor and as if it was crying with its head down and arms wrapped around itself. It looked up at her and smiled, with eyes large and bright white with jagged teeth. I can't remember for certain all the details but I'm pretty sure I got it right.

And anther story of a girl who got back from holidays and all this weird stuff was happening, like she just didn't feel comfortable in her room, and then woke up one night to find a black figure (I think crying) in the corner of her room. I think it also looked up at her and smiled, all I remember is reading that story and thinking "omg I read a story with this exact same thing!"
And your story has just confirmed that this isn't just one person this has happened to. Quite frightening. Did this black figure you saw have jagged teeth or like glowing eyes?
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-20)
hi oso7,
I have a few questions for you.

Sometimes when you are having a bad experience it can seem very much longer than you think. Are you sure it was 10 minutes of loud banging? After a minute or 2 I would be calling the police as I had to do 2 nights ago.

So I am wondering why you did not contact the police, even an hour or so later or even the next day?

You stated that you where sitting out side in the dark when you saw the eyes and mouth of this shadow figure. How could you define these facial features in the dark?

Could you please fill in the gaps for us all.

Thanks, dreamer01 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: