You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Very Special Forces

Real Ghost Stories

Very Special Forces

 

In 1965 I was eighteen years old, and a Private in the U.S. Army away from home for the first real time, and on reassignment orders to an overseas facility located at Kaiserslautern, Germany.

Being new to the army I had never heard of the place. I was aware of Germany, of course, but never had any great and pressing desire to go there. Yet somehow after a seriously-long and terribly-sick sea voyage, I managed to find my way to Kaiserslautern.

I reported to my destination only to discover that the unit was deactivating, which means it was closing all operations. It was in last stages of moving all of its soldier inhabitants to various locations, respectively. It took me more than a bit to figure out what this meant for me personally, coming to the eventual conclusion that the army had made a big mistake sending me here. A wrong committed, yet here I was nevertheless.

Finding the Sergeant, I asked what I should do under these confused circumstances? Giving him my reassignment orders, along with voicing my complaint, he told me to consider myself lucky, to make myself comfortable, and to go find a cot in one of the many vacated rooms in the building. Saying further that I could have my pick as to which room but to make myself available for I would be notified in a few days as to new orders and new location.

The room I selected was on the second floor of the solidly built, but drafty, three story, old stone structure that I reasoned had in the past housed many soldiers, both German and American. But now all was quiet. And as I soon learned a drafty vacant billet was an understatement regardless of who used to call it home, it was like a ghost town.

My room was empty of all furnishings except for two other cots. No one was claiming either and I enjoyed the privacy knowing it would be short-lived once my orders came.

It was on day two that I met two other soldiers, all three of us facing identical situations. However, unlike me, they'd taken up residence on another floor. We quickly became friends, mainly taking our meals together and shooting the bull while each waited individually for our new assignments.

-- On day three after a good night's rest I woke to the door opening:

Thinking it might be one of my new found friends, I sat up on my cot when in stepped a young soldier about my age, wearing a dress green uniform and sporting a green beret.

He stood at the open door and asked if he might join me in the room?

I welcomed him to come on in, all the while thinking 'so much for privacy' and quickly pointed out that I recognized him to be a Special Forces Soldier, the beret he wore cocked on his head being a dead give away for same.

He smiled. And stepping inside closed the door and stood next to my cot where we engaged in further conversation. I could see by the black plastic name tag he wore that his last name was quite similar to my own:

-- His name was BRIDGER; mine BRIDGES:

I pointed out this fact, excited as I had not encountered another soldier with a similar name as mine. He told me he and his family were firmly rooted in North Carolina. I told him mine as far as I knew all came from Kentucky. That I had grown up in Illinois. We exchanged further small talk at which time I again brought up his green beret, commenting also that I noticed he wasn't carrying any duffle bag with him and wondered which room he had chosen while waiting for orders?

That's when he explained that he really wasn't Special Forces. That he really wasn't even old enough to be in the army. That by some trickery he had managed to join with a group of real Special Forces Soldiers from a base in North Carolina and that they had all deployed to a place far from his homeland, to a place called South Vietnam.

I had heard of Vietnam and told him so, there was a war happening there, to which he explained to my amazement that he had been caught by surprise upon arrival in the jungle there -- and shot -- and killed.

-- What?

I will admit I was surprised by what he was saying but at the same time found his story, and his manner, in an oddly and curious kind of way, quite believable.

The boy explained further that as he lay on the ground dying that he had wished he had not tricked anyone. Wishing he had stayed with his family and friends back in North Carolina and had not gone to Vietnam. Telling me this he became extremely sad saying he was never going to see his grandfather again, and how he was already missing the white gravel road that ran past their house. Dying and knowing that his life was slipping away, how he had wished with all his might to be able to visit a relative.

And for some dumb unexplained reason that even he was unable to fully grasp --

- That relative was me.

The names were different yet he claimed we were related and that's why he was there in my room. His wish had been granted, if only in part. Saying beyond that he had little understanding as to how he came to be at my door and became surprised learning that he was in Germany.

After a few minutes more of this 'crazy talk' the boy in the beret moved to one of the vacant cots and lay down. I got up and dressed in my fatigues and was lacing my boots when my two loud buddies came crashing into the room with purpose of gathering me up to go to the mess hall for breakfast.

One of the two friends sat on the edge of the cot where BRIDGER lay quietly looking over at me, obviously listening to the general conversation then happening but himself not participating.

I thought this rude that not one had acknowledged BRIDGER's presence so I asked if it would be okay if BRIDGER joined us?

They looked at each other, and at me, seemingly lost as to what I was asking.

-- BRIDGER then said they couldn't see him. That no one else could see him or hear him, just me. He said he would stay until we left and then he'd continue on his journey.

That sounded strange but so had everything else up to that point.

Caught up in my two friend's insistence, we left the room with BRIDGER looking over and waving a casual goodbye as the door closed behind us.

Thinking this had been an elaborate ruse I laughed, and said so, bringing up the matter again as we continued down the stairs. Again to vacant stares and comments that they had no idea what it was I was talking about. I tried relaying BRIDGER's story as we went but the two simply wouldn't listen.

Seated in the dining facility, the two insisted they saw no one in my room and asked that I drop this idiotic conversation for more logical chit chat.

Lost in thought, I continued with my meal. I was beginning to believe they actually hadn't seen or heard BRIDGER and that perhaps I might be losing my mind.

Upon returning to my room BRIDGER was gone; never to be seen by me again.

My new orders came that day; and that was the last I saw of my two lunch buddies. For which I was thankful for I was sure they thought me completely nuts.

It was nearly ten years later that I learned our family name of BRIDGES had in fact long ago been BRIDGER. And that many of my ancestors had in fact migrated from North Carolina and taken up residence in Kentucky. I strongly believe I saw a ghost that day. What do you think?

Sincerely,

JERRY BRIDGES

SPRING BRANCH, TX 78070

Other hauntings by JerryB

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JerryB, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-09-25)
Greetings, Jerry.

I do hope you're still on YGS and that you are well. Caz checked up on you 6 months ago and got a response. I was re-reading your "That Old Time Religion" story, as I like to revisit "Favorite" YGS stories from time to time, just as I do with much-loved novels and movies. I'd like to read more of your experiences, should you have any to share, as you are a natural storyteller. There's something in the brisk edge of the autumn wind which makes me want to read conversationally-written stories while sipping hot cider or cocoa.
-Best,
Biblio.
Addendum: If Redwolf is reading this, I think I was a contributing factor to her being upset about 10 months ago. I have only just discovered this, when re-reading "Very Special Forces," but feel I should apologize to her for having been inconsiderate. Admitting that I didn't have a "better" answer after arguing against yours wasn't at all helpful. Sorry.
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-17)
Hey Jerry... Great to hear from you! I'm so glad you're OK! ๐Ÿ˜I've been missing for a few days, busy fighting a war here in the UK, as seen in Thrive! (scary) I expect you'll have heard of it on your news. Anyway, Salem's lot is my favourite and definitely King's scariest, especially the TV series. That bit when the doc finds the dead gravedigger sitting in the rocking chair saying "Looook aaaat meeee." gave me nightmares! Brrrrr! J.K.Rowling's Harry Potter is probably my second favourite. (blush) I'd have loved to hear your story though. It's very late here, so I have to go. Happy New Year btw! We Scots don't wish anyone Happy New Year until after the bells. It's tradition! See you soon!
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-14)
Hi Caz. Talk about rude behavior -- I'm talking about me saying that. I was rude. Can't explain why I just dropped out of the conversations, but I sure did didn't I. And that was extremely rude. My apologies. I truly do appreciate you making inquiry like you did, Caz.

Thank you, sweetie.

And no Mack, sorry to disappoint but I wasn't abducted. Reading that came with a chuckle, thank you.

You're right Caz, I was seeking publication of another story but it was derailed for good reason. My fault submitting a story that failed to address a real ghost. It was a true story but one based in nonsens. It being nothing other than a late and stormy night; that, and having been caught up in reading a horror novel from the great Stephen King, i.e., Salems Lot, my nerves got the better of my sleep deprived state of mind and I became startled when a drunk, thoroughly drenched soldier suddenly threw open the door and standing there screaming-wet allowed the storm to come rushing inside. Reporting this, I lost track of the importance of this site -- and the powers to be called me on it. I understand and respect the decision.

So much for catching up. Actually I have a lot of reading to actually catch up. That said, I do intend to keep coming here and reading posts. I find you folks serious minded, generally speaking, and I respect what we have here at this site. Very professional group, and I have enjoyed association with same. I certainly don't want to spoil that.
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-11)
Hi Mack... Sorry I've only just seen your post. I know Jerry was ready to submit another story which hasn't appeared, so I was wondering if it got rejected for some reason and maybe that's why he hasn't been back. I do hope he hasn't taken ill or something! ๐Ÿ˜ข
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-20)
Hi Caz, I was wondering the same thing the other day. I hope he hasn't been abducted...? ๐Ÿ˜‰
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-20)
Hey Jerry... Where are you? I haven't seen you in ages! I hope everything's ok sweetie!
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-13)
Really Jerry? Lol... I can't read your mind, but perhaps my mind works along similar lines to yours and you know what they say about great minds! ๐Ÿ˜œ WOW...I'm really excited knowing you have more stories in the pipeline especially if there's a Stephen King book involved! Can't wait! ๐Ÿ˜
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-12)
Caz. You had no idea, unless you're a mind reader, that I had a Stephen King story inside me that I had all but forgotten. You just mentioning his name. Obviously not in his artistry but what you said reminded me of a certain night I pulled additional duty in the military and a novel of his was involved. Thanks to your comments I've written this story since and will hopefully publish it under the title 'As I Nodded, Nearly Napping'. Right now there is a back load of stories awaiting review and the faucet for new stories has been temporarily shut off.
Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-11)
Lol Jerry... I type with one finger and I 'still' make typos! ๐Ÿ˜‰ Don't worry about it! I'm sure nobody else does! While I'm here I just want to say, please do not 'ever' change your writing style! I'm an avid book reader and the build up to any story is so very important. It kind of sets the stage for the main event and yours is spot on! Stephen King is the master! ๐Ÿ˜œ
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-10)
That rant about my time in the army that I just finished, I must apologize to everyone for allowing the typos to go unchallenged. No excuse for this. I am sorry though. Heck of it is, still speaking of my time in the army, one of my earlier jobs I held for a number of years was as an instructor for a basic army administration course at the advanced individual training level at Fort Benjamin Harrison, Indiana. Back then, any soldier student displaying all these typos, such poor typing skills, I'd surely fail and not allow them to pass the course. Looks like the shoe is on the other foot now; I'm embarrassed.
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-10)
RedWolf. Okay, now, I sense this question of yours does in fact qualify as maintaining on subject, after all it does speak to me being in the Army, and your question is Army related. And my answer is: I don't have the foggiest idea.

Strange you ask, however, because I was assigned to a U.S. Army Recruiting Main Station once upon a time (in New York City); a three year minimum tour. I stayed nearly five years in an administrative support capacity for the actual recruiters.

What I find strange is that the recruiters had your name and telephone number to begin with. How'd they get it? I don't see anything wrong in how, but if you insisted they leave you alone, they should have. Of course their job is to recruit new applicants for their particular branch of service, and that involves creating and maintaining valuable leads on possible applicants, I guess these leads might come from a variety of sources. As I understand it, and you could always do a Google search on qualifications for military service for today and learn more; age requirements may gave changed over the years, as has many other qualifying standards such as educational level and even physical limitations.

But back to your question, I don't see anything actually suspect in them calling you and discussing with you as long and as often as possible, again that's their job and I do recall much is done telephonically as preliminary action hoping on the part of the recruiter to nab an applicant. In my day, a thousand years ago (ha) recruiters were forced to acquire a minimum number of fresh applicants monthly, a quota (And how they should go about reaching that number can certainly lend itself to misconduct, and did) but where failure to reach that quota was grounds for removal and a bad report card.

That made for a very cut throat kind of business. All services usd to get excellent leads from databases created from high school aptitude testing given by the military. ASVAB it was called, Armd Services Vocational Apptitude Battery testing, by military personnel working independent (Joint Duty regardless of branch of service) but still with recruiters. Test results were used by high school guidance counsellors, but since we gave the test it also became a primary tool for military recruitment. I know this because I was a person designated to routinely test high school applicants; and additionally for all branches of the military -- army, navy, marines, Air Force.

There used to be quotas for female applicants as well. With today's military that may no longer be true. But probably is as a means to maintaining a desireable strength and mixture.

They probably thought of you as fresh meat. A number. And the fact that you were older a likely better candidate. The applicant isn't the end of it all, it's only the first step, a baby step, but an I portent piece to the overall. Applicants must display certain intelligence and certain aptitudes and stability from time of contact throughout the initial testing (both academic and physical) until sworn into military service. If not the recruiter waste valuable time in reaching that quota. Once testing has begun, that's when the recruiter portion is released and the recruiter is expected to go find another applicant. And another. And another all he while the person is basically forgotten while the new military person continues their individual training and subsequent assignments to duty. Think of used car salesmen and you'll get a better understanding of what I'm trying to say.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-10)
Jerry,
I have a military question for you if that's okay.
Why would the Air Force/Navy call and ask a mid to late 40's woman who has NO military background to recruit her. No lie. I was getting calls from one or the other every couple of months asking me to join. I would tell them I was too old to join but they assured me you could enlist at any age. Mind you 2 of my kids were old enough to enlist and every time they called I thought the call was for one of them. But they insisted it was me they wanted. After I informed them I had my back fused the calls stopped, they told me they would take my name off their lists.
Regards
Red
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-10)
Jerry - I didn't take it offensively LOL I try very hard not to take things on here personally. And before I derail your story, just a sincere thank you.
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-10)
RedWolf. Apology accepted even if it's not something I was seeking. Always nice to hear someone apologize, and you did do such a good job at doing it. What I got from your initial comment was a continuation of a related subject that had morphed into reincarnation, if only briefly. I have no problem with discussing same, and consider it a related subject as I just said. Related is important isn't it. I think so. It's awfully easy to get sidetracked when discussing subjects here at YGS as many subjects seem to blend into another. And hot under the collar can be a result, especially for someone who seems to have a fire inside like you do. But once again, no foul; apology accepted even if I wasn't expecting same. It is certainly comforting to know (all that said) that the ghost police are hard at work and sensitive to things that can go array here. They're just doing their job, and a damn good job that is too. Thanks Miracles51031 for being that -- a professional, sincere moderator. Calling you the ghost police wasn't meant as a slam, it's just the way I see you. Smile.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-10)
Jerry
I apologze for bringing something up that has nothing to do with your story. My only defence is I got very offended and upset over Tweeds post. Again I sincerely apologize for doing this.
All my respect to you
RedWolf
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
8 years ago (2015-12-10)
RedWolf - you are being disrespectful to the o/p by making this thread about you. If you have an issue with something another o/p has said, find a way to address it without derailing the story of another member, preferably by email. Better yet, ignore the comments. Not only is this the freaking internet, but you are well aware this site represents thousands of different beliefs. Not everyone is going to believe the way you do, and some are going to be pretty vocal about it.

Tweed - please try and be a little less blunt, okay? When it appears to be in direct response to a comment another member has made, it does look like you are trying to provoke.

Additional comments not related to this STORY will be deleted. I am so tired of having to tell people that ๐Ÿ˜
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
-2
8 years ago (2015-12-10)
After reading a couple of comments about my belief in souls recognizing each other and reincarnation I have to say Tweeds comment in particular very insulting.
First you say that reincarnation wants to make you barf, then you contradict yourself by saying you have memories from a past life.
You believe that reincarnation is a choice. How can you be sure of that? With 7 plus billion people on this planet where do you think all those souls come from? Reincarnation is not a sign of low self esteem nor is the belief in reincarnation. I don't say any of your posts,beliefs,or ideas want to make me barf, so please show the same respect. Also saying that studies show that if people are put in a room like minded people gravitate to each other. That may be so in some cases, but I for one like meeting all kinds of new people. I have no idea why, I have met literally over a thousand people. I also don't gravitate towards any one type person. They get mad that I don't remember their names just because they remember mine. Then they say I thought we were friends. I prefer to have 1 or 2 good friends then have dozens + friends.
Also I take offense to people who try to explain something I say and go into a long winded post as to why I said it. It's off putting that someone "thinks" they know what I mean even though they don't have the same belief system I have. Sometimes it's better to have the common sense to let a poster explain what they mean,it's called being polite, but some "smart" people just don't get that. I am by no means stupid, I can explain myself.
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-05)
Sandi.
Thank you for your outstanding comments regarding my story here. Very nice of you; and now I must apologize for my untimely acknowledgement, somehow I let this slip. Sorry. Yes you seem to have hit the nail on the head, I too believe the encounter was due to our many similarities -- Both young, both raised by other than our biological father, both associated with the military in one fashion or another, both overseas and far from home, and both related by blood. Could be even more reasons.

Your comments that supported my story of subterfuge, you're right as there is evidence that historically age and even how some women disguised themself and took on male roles in military life is all too real. And speaking of that, did you see recently in the news where women can now serve in ALL positions in combat that used to be reserved exclusively for their male counterparts? It took us awhile to get there. And that's just a recent change in the USA military community, other countries already did this. No reason for disguise in that regard is there. Not sure how I feel about that, however.
Sandi (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-28)
Jerry, I really enjoyed your story. I think he appeared to you mainly because you both are similar. As you stated most of your family was seperated as he was being raised by his grandfather. Trying to find a meaning to his life he "joined" the military. As for people doubting him joining the military without being caught, it was fairly common. Women joined undetected to help and make a difference even if it meant hiding their identity amongst men.
Thanks for the lovely story, I hope you will soon get a happy ending. You never know a relative might google his last name and come accross your story. ๐Ÿ˜
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-11-23)
Macnorton - no apologies necessary where I'm concerned ๐Ÿ˜Š It just lessens the tendency for people to argue if we state "in my opinion", "based on my experiences" or something like that.
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-22)
Hi Macknorton--What I mean by "scene" isn't to suggest a mere replay of a prior event but a conscious interaction from the apparition with a person or persons. The agent or spirit essentially interacts with layers of the living persons subconscious and collectively both create the apparitional "scene".

Important too is the belief of many psychical researchers that what many consider to be "residual" apparitions are probably more succinctly described as "somnambulistic" or sleepwalking apparitions. By this I mean that the type of haunting where an apparition is seen sporadically in the same location over a long period of time is actually something like a person sleepwalking. A great example of this is the famous Cheltenham ghost which, although seemingly just a residual apparition merely repeating the same actions over and over again, did show awareness on at least two occasions when spoken to. Like a sleepwalker this apparition would repeat its route walking from point A to point B before vanishing but when directly spoken to stopped, hesitated, and seemed on the verge of speaking.

That this apparition apparently showed an awareness when directly spoken to suggests what many assume to be residual, may indeed be more akin to the somnambulist who is aware of its surroundings in a minimal sense but is in a type of stupor. It really is further food for thought about the awareness of apparitions many investigators would write off as merely "a ghostly replay" of a long ago event.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-22)
Manafon1 - That is an interesting phenomenon but isn't that more like the type of phenomenon whereby an event is somehow "recorded" on the ether and then under certain circumstances these are replayed and viewed by certain individuals?

That would certainly account for "ghost" doors being opened as part of a general "scene" but (from what I know - which isn't much) these "scenes" are not generally ones where there is a conscious and deliberate interaction with the observer?

It seems that we end up with more questions than answers when dealing with spirit.

Cheers for that input! ๐Ÿ˜
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-22)
Macknorton--I know (as you stated to Miracles) that you have read a lot about paranormal subjects but doors being opened and closed by apparitions does happen in reported cases somewhat frequently. As a door being opened or closed is conceivably part of the "apparitional drama" (as it is commonly referred to in watershed theoretical psychical research books like "Apparitions" by the great researcher G.N.M. Tyrrell) it is a telepathic illusion conveying a part of the larger "drama". As the apparition itself is a telepathic hallucination so too can one see a door being seemingly opened or even the reflection of an apparition in a mirror that are not there in a physical sense.

As Tyrrell states, "In some cases the apparition enters the room by the door, and the door is seen, and sometimes also heard, to open and close. But the physical door is closed, and in some instances locked, all the while. The door which is seen to open and close is not the physical door."

He then gives an account of a young man who saw someone peeping around the door to his room while he was laying in bed, "I lay still, and then the door seemed to open wide, so I leaned out of bed to give it a hard push and everything vanished, and I nearly fell out of bed, for the door was shut as when I went to bed." As Tyrrell concludes, "This is direct evidence of the unsubstantial nature of the apparitional door."
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2015-11-22)
Sorry - just a correction to make on my last post; he didn't open the door - he closed it. My typo.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-22)
Hi Miracles - Thanks. I was speaking generally; in my experience and having pored over countless books, eye-witness accounts and other material over the years that, in my opinion (based on my research and experiences) is that I believe crisis apparitions seem to appear to those known to the person and at night.
The fact that in Jerry's recount the young man also opened the door and entered the room is unusual in itself. Spirits tend to either manifest gradually, are already present and startle the recipient or or drift through doors and walls.
JerryB asked the question "I strongly believe I saw a ghost that day. What do you think?" Well, I personally don't think he did. Sorry if I have upset either Jerry (again) or anyone else, not my intention... I do enjoy Jerry's stories, they have spiced up YGS no end and challenge my mind-set!
Manafon1 (6 stories) (712 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-22)
Macknorton--I wanted to support what Miracles stated, that recently departed loved ones will appear to complete strangers if the closely associated person the "crisis-apparition" wants to contact is unavailable. There are accounts in the SPR archives that suggest these close familial apparitions will appear to others who have no connection to the deceased. Only later, when a description is given is it ascertained that the apparition was a family member, or close friend, who recently died.

One interesting case involved two young girls who made a pact that whichever girl died first would attempt to visit the other. Many years later, one of the (now) women heard of the death of her old friend. Suddenly the promise they had made to each other hit her. She confided to her husband that she was now a bit afraid of the prospect. A few nights later the apparition of the woman's deceased friend appeared to the HUSBAND while his wife slept. Later, with a description given, the wife realized her friend had kept her promise but was seen by the husband instead.

As I wrote in a comment about Jerry's account of the young man (apparently a distant relative) visiting him after death, it reminded me strongly of a well documented case of a young pilot, killed in a crash, appearing to a roommate back at his barracks many miles away. The young man the apparition appeared to was not a close friend or a family member. It seems crisis-apparitions do sometimes seek out familiar locations that might have been on their minds or a relation (however tenuous) to impart some information. This information can be trivial or of, seemingly, great importance to the apparition. The lines of the four main classes of apparitions (experimental, crisis, post-mortem--occurring 12 hours after death--and ghosts, or apparitions that habitually haunt a specific location) are really very fluid with the general characteristics having much similarity.
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-22)
-- Miracles51031 --
Please feel free to interject any thoughts you might wish to share, at any time. As much information as possible only helps answer questions that without such input will remain unanswered. I didn't agree with Macknorton but even what they had to say, that's info to weigh and evaluate. Thanks for being on the watch.
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-22)
No Macknorton, sorry, you actually didn't help me with this encounter.

You see, I do believe the young boy was a ghost, a relative, based upon some things said, some absolutely unbelievable things said for sure, and some things said back then that was yet to be proven. Like the family name, and the location where they came from. That was proven. Now I can see you don't believe he was a ghost, and that's perfectly okay, no one is twisting your arm otherwise. You have your reasons, and what you consider to be fact, as you know them, I have mine.

If you truly thought you might be helping, thank you. But my mind remains unchanged.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-11-22)
Macnorton - I normally wouldn't intrude on the conversation between you and JerryB but I would like to address this statement "In most cases recently departed spirits appear to loved ones, close family and friends. They suddenly appear very briefly, usually in the early am hours (often in very vivid dreams) then vanish."

Speaking from personal experience, that isn't always the case. Say there is a recently departed who is trying to make contact with family and/or friends and no one is open to receiving him/her, for whatever reasons. Sometimes they don't just give up and go on. They find someone who is open to receiving their message.

I realize you said "most cases" but I am going to have to disagree on that point. Some cases would be more applicable, in my opinion. And the early am hours (vivid dreams) would have to be an opinion of yours, correct? ๐Ÿ˜•
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-22)
-- kaykay3313 --
Well I don't have any Area 51 stories to share but I can tell you about where I used to live, in western Maryland. My house was in the woods, tall trees all around in a mountain setting of sorts. Across the street was an army base that closed down completely, it was like a ghost town over there but I loved walking the streets because there was no traffic and no one to bother me on my walks.

You have to understand that this particular area was uniquely situated because a couple miles in one direction, over the hill, was Camp David. Surely you've heard of that. And in the opposite direction was a semi-secret military location known simply as Site-R. Now Site-R was an underground base, with very restricted entrance, never did get a chance to visit there because of its restricted status, even with my retired military ID. I know I tried once and was told by the MP at he entrance that I had to be on official business to enter. I wasn't and I didn't. I knew a lady that used to work there as a cook and she told me the underground area was the size of a small city. Amazing, I think, just trying to get my mind around that. A city under the mountain. They said that the president and staff might use Site-R in case of a nuclear attack, only one of many such locations. All others -- stay out.

But back to that closed down army base, when I'd walk there, there was this one area that had this grey stone building with all the windows cemented in. Rumor was it was once use as a high security building therefore the missing, cemented Windows. I swear when I was walking and passing over a street near tnis building I could sometimes hear people's voices at times underground as if I was passing over an underground tunnel. I always listened for it. Never did confirm actual people but it used to freak me out anyway. We were a couple miles away from Site R, moving about on a closed down army base, but there were voices, nevertheless, muffled sounds there under this one road. Just kind of weird.

Now if that's not what you mean, then, no, sorry, I don't have anything.

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: