You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Pinned to my Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Pinned to my Bed

 

I am in desperate need for even the slightest bit of an explanation to an odd experience I had the other morning. I have always been very open to the ideas that ghosts and spirits are very real, and admittedly I have recently started getting more into tarot and such, however nothing as blatant as this has ever happened to me before and I have been having trouble sleeping ever since.

The other morning, at approximately 5:30 - 6:00 am, I woke up in my friend's bed laying flat on my back, to a heavy pressure on both of my shoulders, almost as if something were pinning me down flat to my bed. I could not scream, and I could not move, and later that morning my friend told me she was startled by my restless nature and the way I was making a strange mumbling noise and moving from side to side. I was so scared, it continued for what felt like a few minutes, and the scariest part of all was that I could see nothing on top of me, but could hear the loudest, most terrifying breathing noises being made in my right ear. It has scared me stiff and I have been staying up almost all night just so I am not caught in the same situation again.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could supply me with some sort of explanation, even if you are unable to help with this particular case, perhaps even a link or an idea on what or who I could contact to find out more? Also, does anyone know what it could be? Is it definitely a spirit or ghost? I am secretly hoping, (while almost positively sure it is one) that it can be explained in some other way, because I'm to terrified to go to sleep again.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Jenna, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
Yep, I am going to have to agree with the others on sleep paralysis. I have read elsewhere that there are many sounds associated with this from your name being whispered to a loud ticking of a wrist watch across the room.
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
Hi Jenna! I must agree with the sleep paralysis! I have experienced this horribly, scary situation myself. It's like you can't breath, you can't snap out of it very easily and honestly it felt like I was dying! This happened at 10am, I was by myself and I still to this day, when I think about it, debate whether I had this demonic entity taking over me or if it was sleep paralysis. I'm 33 years old now and at the time I didn't even know about sleep paralysis. I will tell you this, I highly doubt it will happen again because it didn't to me. Everyone is different though and it happens a lot more to some people! I would suggest not to freak over it nor lose any sleep over it because you will be just fine. Stop stressing! Maybe, not saying it is the reason this happened, but maybe, you have been under a lot of stress or something else! Who knows but don't sleep deprive yourselve because then you'll have more problems. As for the weird breathing sound. You can hear all kinds of things when stuff like that happens. You're mind is very powerful. People tend to forget that! I know how you feel, I've been there but trust me when I say, "YOU'LL BE FINE"!


😊 Take it easy and hope to hear better news from you. Well, For your sake anyway! 😆 No laughing matter really. =( -Shelby ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
I would consider this as sleep paralysis. Althoug I am not trying to make light of your situation, could the breathing have been your own reverberating back to you due to your fear and confusion?

Just a suggestion,
God Bless!
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
It does sound like sleep paralysis but how do you explain the heavy breathing?
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
You my dear friend just described a classic sleep paralysis experience. Everyone has one on occassions and yes they are extremely frightening, especially if it is your first one. Would you say that you had been one of the following before going to bed that night: A. Overly excited B. Worried C. Stressed or D. Extremely Tired These are all situations that can lead to a sleep paralysis event. I don't think you have anything to fear from a paranormal stand point.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: