You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The Shadow Figure in the Haunted House

Real Ghost Stories

The Shadow Figure in the Haunted House

 

My friends and I went trick-or-treating and we went to this certain house that was supposed to be haunted and which some people died in. I went to the door and found it open, which is was weird, this the door was always boarded up and chained! I went in and heard some kids laughing and running around on the top floor. I went up stairs to investigate and tell the kids to get out. So I told my friends I would be right back, I went up stairs and seen this weird green light under the door. I went in the room and there was no one in there, and when I opened the door there was nothing to be seen.

Which was weird because I heard laughing, running and a green light, and plus the front door was open. Then all of a sudden the door closed and locked itself. I went to open the door and couldn't get it opened. Then I went and looked out the window and felt like someone was right behind me and I quickly turned around and there was a dark tall shadow by the corner. I was so shocked at the sight. I usually am not scared at a sight of spirits but this one just gave off a sad presence. It moved through the wall and then the door slowly opened and I walked out and the figure was on the stairs slowly gliding down them. It was as if he wanted me to follow it. I did. I went down into the kitchen area and stood by the back door. I went out the door and then it felt as if there was another spirit there. It was freaky. Then the tall shadow figure disappeared. It just vanished. It felt like he wanted me to go out the door and go into the back yard as if he wanted me to get something or find something for it. I then went to my friends and told them. When I looked back I seen it in the window. I never went back.

If anyone knows why this happened please leave a comment.

Thank you for reading!

Other hauntings by Kated9

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Kated9, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
and Halloween, being the time when the border between worlds becomes thin and let's spirits cross wouldn't that then make a Halloween story more credible, and there should be more? And not discredited because of the commercialization of the festival?
MissHill (6 stories) (67 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-05-06)
just because it happened on Halloween does not mean it was made up! If it happened on another night, you probably would have believed her!

What I was thinking, was maybe what he wanted someone to find out the backyard was him...
bardsidhe (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
hhmm Halloween, All Hallow's Eve, I think most people have forgotten what that means, it's not just a night for getting candy from strangers you know.

simple response Kated9, if true, the dark shaded spirit you saw was asking for help, it was at the window because it wanted you to come back. As for the children laughing many haunted schools are reported to be filled with the sounds of children laughing, so no child needs to have died in the house, and even if they had it is enterily possible that in death the children spirits simply don't know or care that they are dead...
alternatly, the dark shaded one may have envoked the sounds to draw someone like you into the house in the hope they would help it.
Kated9 (6 stories) (14 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-20)
this story is real but I made a typing mistake! Ok so yea and this really did happen and it's not made up. I was going to say that the doors were boarded up but I was WALKING PAST the house and the doors were open and there weren't supposed to be! I went to tell the kids to get out of the house or I would call the cops! But I didn't get the chance to but oh well if you think this is fake it's your opinion!
thanks for leaving commments

lovex 🤔
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
Kated9, Where were Scooby doo, Scrappy and Shaggy? Happy Halloween everyone.
Aussie_Vamp (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-13)
Green light? Halloween? Come on I'm one to enjoy a fictional ghost story here and there but this is over the top and you don't go into much detail of this dark shape, and laughing children? If children died in that house I doubt they would be laughing they would be stuck on this plane and not be able to cross over. I also find strange that you could feel another presence but not see it. Then how could you see the first one? Also doors wouldn't shut and lock behind you then open up and the spirit wouldn't ask you to follow them.

Sorry but it's just a little far fetched for me.

Aussie_vamp
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-10)
Kated... And then you woke up? Sorry but this is ridiculous. I didn't even get a good read out of it.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
Why on earth would you 'trick or treat' at an abandoned house especially if you knew the doors to be boarded up? I can't realy get my mind around this one, I may have read it in a goodsebumps type book to my children.

God Bless!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
I'm sorry Kated9 but it sounded kinda, well, fake, like something you dreamt up! Even though little Halloween tales like this one is creepy, cute and all, this site is supposed to be real and true experiences. I feel it ruins and cheapens this site when we have to read silly little stories like this one. I'm not trying to be mean but this was just too fake of a story to let pass by without a little scolding. 🤔 -Shelby ❤
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
This was written during Halloween. There's so much about this that blatantly unbelievable, I cannot even be bothered to limn its deficiencies.

Darling Kated9, this is a site for real ghost stories, not spooky tales you wrote in English class. It's a good little story, but it's fictional.

Thanks.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
I don't like these mayed up stories. It is nice to read them but I like to hear real stories. I like to hear things that other peolple expierienced and I like to share what I have experienced. That is why we are hear. To help one another. Not to scare anybody
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
You asked questions of our readers yet you choose to not participate in the discussion. Could it be that you expect them to not believe you? 🤔

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: