You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Activity In My 200 Year Old Church Part 2

Real Ghost Stories

Activity In My 200 Year Old Church Part 2

 

The weekend before my birthday, my church held a lock in for the youth. Although I am not in the youth anymore I was required to be there because I work in the Nursery of my church and I am required to be at all of the children and youth activities. I was talking to some of the girls about the activities we were going to do that night and about the scary movies we were going to watch (the ones without cussing and nudity), when the lights started to flicker on and off. Thinking that it was one of the boys trying to scare us, we blew it off and went to do some of the activities.     

After we did all of that nights activities, I turned on a movie, then went outside to help build a fire for the ones who didn't want to watch the movie. Once the fire was built and everyone was settled, I asked one of the older boys of the youth group who was flickering the lights. He looked at me with a confused look on his face and said that all of the boys were helping him unload the fire pit and fire wood.

Later that night after everyone went to bed, Ashley and I was looking around the church to make sure everyone was in the right place. We were in the the main part of the church where Sunday morning worship was held and where the boys slept, and we heard things being dragged and thrown in the front corridor. Ashley and I went to the corridor to see who was throwing stuff in there, but when we opened the door nobody was in there. We quickly ran out of that part of the church and continued making our rounds. Once we were done we went to bed.

On Sunday morning, Ashley and I were in the church's nursery. The morning sermon had started and we were listening to our cue to take the children to children's church when we heard whispering in the very back of the nursery. Which was weird because all of the children were by us. We blew it off because we heard the cue and we went to children's church.

When children's church was over we came back to the nursery. When we walked into the room, it smelled like a dirty diaper mixed with something dead but after a short investigation, we found that none of the children soiled themselves. We started giving the children a snack when we heard someone running up and down the hallway. I went to see if anyone was out there but after standing there for at least 5 minutes, I came to the conclusion that there wasn't anybody in the hall.

Other hauntings by christennnc

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, christennnc, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

christennnc (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
He hasn't been at the church long. I don't really know the younger people that well and I don't want to sound crazy if I bring it up. This stuff has been going on for years and it doesn't really bother me.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
christennnc: how long has it been since the new pastor is in charge? After reading your first story I gather that this has been going on for a while, at least for a year.
I would expect the previous pastor would had informed the new one about these happenings if he were aware of them; and I would definitely expect a pastor to listen to the concerns of the members of his church and give them a good explanation about possible reasons for what they experienced, or think they experienced... I might be wrong.

"... My church is mostly made up of older people and if we told them, they wouldn't believe it..."
Have you tried to reach to the younger generation of parishioners? I mean, if there are small kids to attend children's church and the nursery, I would expect their parents are at the service. Or do these kids go to church with their grandparents?

For what you say, if there's a spirit causing all the activity, it has to be a very brazen one that isn't shy of acting up at broad day light or in front of a crowd.
Another possibility could be a poltergeist, given the fact that it seems to happen around the younger members of the church.

Anyway, try talking to the pastor again and keep us posted.
Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
christennnc- My first experience was in a church. It is actually my first story that I submitted "They Don't Like Vacuuming". It was pretty well known that odd things happened in the older part of the church. My position actually opened because of it. It scared them so much they quit.

Even though it was known, it wasn't something that was talked about. I was unaware of it until after I started working there.
christennnc (3 stories) (15 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
We got a new pastor and a member of the youth tried to talk to him about it and he said he doesn't believe in all that. My church is mostly made up of older people and if we told them, they wouldn't believe it. I don't think any of the children farted because it smelled like death and usually the kids tell us if they did because they think it's funny.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
Hi christennnc, I totally agree with lady-glow in every aspect she has mentioned.

Yes, there seems to be quite a number of activity in that church. Well, it is high time you discussed the issue with the pastor or priest of the church and try to ascertain if they are aware of these activities and if so, please try to make them do something to stop them.

Kindly post the developments after your discussions with the church people.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
There sure seems to be a lot of activity in that church!
Is the pastor, minister or priest aware of all these disturbances and if so, has s/he done anything to try to stop them?
Have the members of your church ever considered to stop holding "lock ins" for the youth in such a haunted place?

Would it be possible that the whispering in the back of the nursery was an echo?
As for the stinky smell, even if none of the kids had soiled their diaper, well... Are you sure nobody farted? 😆

Thanks for sharing.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: