You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Haunted House Or Haunting Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Haunted House Or Haunting Me?

 

For the past 6 years in my house, I have thought it was haunted. I have heard things, seen things, and felt things. My mother thinks I'm insane and thinks I'm making it up, but I can assure you I'm not.

One night I woke up in the middle of the night and I felt really scared. (My room is in the basement by the way.) I decided to go upstairs and sleep in my brother's room, but I couldn't get myself to get out of bed. It took me an hour to physically get out of bed.

I went upstairs and it was so quiet, all I could hear was the creeping of the floors. I walked to my brother's room and he wasn't in it. I went to my mother's room and he was sleeping in her bed with my mom and dad. I got my dog and went in my brother's bed and tried to go to sleep.

All of the sudden I got really cold, so I got another blanket from the living room. I was just about to fall asleep when my brother's room door slammed shut. My dog started whimpering and I was so scared. I didn't know what to do. I started to scream. It nothing came out... My dog started chasing something around the room and whimpering and growling. I finally was able to scream so my mom came in and I said "you didn't hear the door slam shut?" And she said no. So I just said I had a dream where they died.

The next morning I woke up, my parents didn't remember anything. It was really weird, and I know it was real because my dog won't go in my brother's room anymore.

I know it's crazy, but I'm really friken scared of ghosts, and demons. I've also noticed that since my little sister was born in 2014 that she will be looking at a wall with nothing in it and start talking and smiling or screaming and looking scared, like she's seeing something that I can't. My mom said one time she asked if a spirit was there and if there was one give her sign... Then the door slammed shut. Wtf? I'm terrified of this kind of stuff.

Sometimes I see shadows or outlines of bodies in my room. I start to get scared then I close my eyes and when I open them... They're gone! My aunt Deena said she had a similar experience... But she said it was just clothes, but it was on my chair and sometimes I see it on the stairs in the basement. Do you guys think my house is haunted? Or is a ghost haunting me?

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LivvieLife21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sweetsunshine1800 (4 stories) (85 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-28)
Hi, Livvie I can understand what you're going through because I myself stayed in not one but 3 haunted houses and best thing to do is don't let that entity know you're afraid, or your fear will feed it more and more negative energy and it'll become more powerful, I suggest you use Rookdygin's method of cleansing and shielding your house it's on his profile page

Best wishes and,
Regards,
Sweetsunshine1800
Mimi81 (203 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-31)
Livvie, I grew up in a house that was very haunted. It's not fun and I'm sorry you're having to go through it.

I did learn something that actually helped me a lot. Making myself stay calm when something was happening actually made it either stop or not be so bad. Some entities feed off fear. You've got to stop feeding it.

When something frightens you, make yourself take some deep breaths. Leave the room if you want to, but don't run or scream. Ignore it if you can. If you don't give it the reaction it wants, chances are it will leave you alone.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-31)
Greetings, Livvie.

As your narrative begins with the setting "the past 6 years in my house," but provides us with no context for any strange encounters/events outside of your house, it will be difficult to determine if there is something causing the events in your home, around you, or if you are the cause.

Given that you're a teenaged girl, and your writing style is consistent with my expectations for eighth graders admitted into Freshmen English, there is a third possibility: your frustration with your mother's incredulity, in combination with unpredictable teenage hormones and mood swings, plus the stresses of school, a part-time job (?), extracurricular activities, a toddler running around your house, etc., could be producing poltergeist phenomena. IF this is the case, you need to de-stress, A.S.A.P.!

Badgering commenters on your narrative will only stress you out further, because you're simply repeating the question without supplying any new information. This means you are either not reading the responses clearly or you're not following the advice given to you by Brokentree, "Take in a deep breath and let go of the fear."

For anyone to give you a clear, sensible, definitive answer to your question you will need to add details in your responses. You only provided 2 options, Otteer suggests you might be a sensitive, I've given you a fourth option, and there are a few other possibilities, though not as far-fetched or RARE as an unknown entity deciding to haunt you. Individuals who are haunted very seldom need to verify this with a forum; the haunting entity makes itself known very quickly, then makes certain that the haunted individual knows it is deliberately stalking him/her to increase the intensity of the fear.

PROVIDED YOU READ THE ABOVE PARAGRAPHS: my initial suspicion is that it is something (supernatural or not) in your house. HOWEVER, you will need to supply more data to confirm or to contradict this opinion.

Calm down and take care,
-Biblio.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
LivvieLife - did you read the comments our members have left on your story?
LivvieLife21 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
Hey guys, do you think I'm haunted or my house? 😕 please help, I don't know what to do
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
Hi LivvieLife21, welcome to YGS. I know it will be annoying if your mom doesn't acknowledge whatever you have been experiencing. Otteer is correct. Go to the profile page of Rookdygin and learn the cleansing method. If there is any negative entity, it will definitely be driven away. But, you should continuously do the cleansing.

By the way, I agree with BrokenTree, maintain a journal and write down all your experiences as he has suggested. Try to do a research about your house. You ask your brother as to why he chose to sleep with your parents on that day? Did he feel anything or seen anything at all in his room because whatever you said about your brother's room seems to be quite uncomfortable. Ask your neighbours about their experiences or encounters.

Be bold. Because your fear will feed the negative energies and drain off yours. That is why you should be courageous. I know it is easier said than done. But you should be. Discuss with your parents, brother and do the cleansing.

If you do any investigation or have done that already, please do post the developments. We shall try to help.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
tinch31 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-30)
When you still got nothing to do or you don't know how to get rid of 'em, just think positive livvie, think that you are more capable to do things than them, as long as you are not hurting by them. Ignore them as long as you can, and it will be get tired itself by frightening you.

God bless
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-29)
Rookdygin is his name. Look him up for how to cleanse and shield.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-29)
I am so sorry you are so frightened, but understand it. To not be believed by your own mother must be hard.
If you are a sensitive, and it sounds like you have this gift, it can be hard to learn how to deal with it. I agree that you should start a journal and note feelings, discriptions of events,times, occurrences.

Look for hot spots in your house, older houses often have open wiring that can produce high emf fields that can cause feelings of dread, anxiety, fear and sickness. It can also attract spirit activity. Google EMF for more info.

I too recommend you shield yourself and cleanse your home. Oh dear all I can remember of the member that has that info is "Rook" perhaps someone can step in and give his full name.

Just know we are here to support you, you are not alone, at least here. Xx
Agua (4 stories) (61 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-29)
Don't have an answer for you livie. These things can be so ambiguous; other causes such as drafts, esp. Old houses. Also, as to seeing shadows in the dark, tour eyes and brain can cause that to happen very commonly if you stare at the darkness.

Try not to be afraid and realize that it's not going to hurt you. Personally, I think it's best not to give it any attention... Just brush it off. If something gets more annoying than what you've described, then you may want to get the place cleansed which, if you feel up to it, you can do yourself. It's a process though; generally not a one time trick, but it's not hard.

Good luck
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-10-29)
Please don't be scared. I think that you should get a ledger and write down anything unusual that happens. Note the day, time, weather and whatever else is going on at the time. I would also suggest that you start off as a skeptic. The door slams-examine the door, check for drafts or anything else that may have caused it to slam shut. Do some research on the house and the land. You can find this information at the court house, library and local historical society.

Learn how to protect yourself and perhaps do a cleansing of the house. There are members here who can help you understand this part. Remember, this is your house not theirs and let them know this. You don't need to be afraid of the goings on. A lot of us on this site have experienced ghostly things our entire lives and we are still here. I have never been hurt by a ghost. Take in a deep breath and let go of the fear. You will be fine.
PixelatedKoala (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-10-29)
M8 that's creepy! You know I can't really tell if a ghost is haunting you or if your house is haunted. Hopefully it's neither and you're just having experiences like your Aunt.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: