You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Poltergeists / Physical Manifestations :: Some Ghost Keep Taking my Jewelry

Real Ghost Stories

Some Ghost Keep Taking my Jewelry

 

I basically think I have either a ghost or a poltergeist residing in my home. Certain little things have tipped me off to thinking that, like my jewelry disappearing from time to time. The strange thing is, it's only certain things that are taken. Like necklaces for instance, and heart shaped ones at that.

I don't understand that, but I know no one's in my house when I or my family is not there. It really is very annoying. I mean I have a ouija board, and maybe when I get a friend over or something I'll contact whatever's doing this...

I just really wonder why it's only jewelry of mine that's heart shaped...hmm. Even as I'm writing this, I hear what sounds like foot steps coming from upstairs. I'm home alone and it's kind of of spooky. I've never really seen a ghost, but I have heard a ghosts voice, and communicated with them through ouija. But I've never really dealt with a poltergeist before.

I'd really appreciate a little bit of help with this. I know none of my family members took my two heart-shaped necklaces. The last one, I lost was just this week. They literally seemed to have disappeared.

I've also noticed that sometimes my animals act funny when I'm home alone as if they sense something.

Do you think animals can sense and are aware of these types of things?

Opinions wanted.

Thank you,

Sarah

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, actionaction, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

krkam (1 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-01-20)
I had a similar thing happen, I noticed that my deceased Mothers engagement ring was missing from my jewelry box when I went to put it on for my Sisters funeral. I was distraught, I even took the lining out of the box thinking it might have slipped somehow between the lining. I went to the funeral without the ring, and was heartbroken since it was one of the few things I had as a keepsake from her. Six months later, the ring appeared in my jewelry box. Don't give up, your jewelry might still come back.
rosethorn (5 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-04)
My dear tell him that it ain't funny and to give your necklaces back. And play with something else that isn't yours. And maybe there's a link between the necklaces and the fact that they are heart shaped.
Tabby_Cat (15 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
Wow. That sure is uncanny. 😕 Like Abby said, you could set up a camera. But spirits have their ways. If they don't want to be known about, they won't appear. Some people have taken pictures of ghosts only to misplace it or have the ghost somehow erased from the film. One time I tried to post a story, but it all disappeared! Maybe the hearts have some kind of signifigance? 😐 Maybe one of the ghosts owned a necklace like that before and they think it's theirs? Or maybe they just think it's pretty! 😆 Okay, getting serious now. I do think animals can be sensitive. I have no idea why though. I just heard it from somewhere. I think it's mostly dogs.
nmg5789 (2 stories) (48 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-31)
hi!

I deal with this same situation! Do your heart necklaces have a special meaning to you? I had two rings that always seems to disappear on me. You can check out my story and read my experience, but I think because my rings mean so much to me that's why they disappear. I have also had other weird things happen to me in my house so if you want to know about them just ask!
ghostfreak14 (2 stories) (44 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-30)
i believe animals are sensitive, I don't remember where I heard it or readit, though I've heard it a lot of different places...
Forbidden_Love (42 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-10-14)
lol I get missing things too like for example I just finished my 3 days work of writing homework assignment weeks ago I left it on my drawer with my dad's cellphone on it so it won't get lost, soon as I got something to eat I went back upstairs and my dad's cellphone and homework was gone and I was alone at home.
The cellphone showed up but my homework didn't so I had 3 zeros in one assignment so yeah, I'm failing school...=/
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-13)
actionaction, I also like the idea of setting up a video camera and a heart shaped jewelry. It would be interesting to find out who your playful entity is.
I am with mostly everyone else, watch the Ouija board. Most documented stories involving them do not have happy endings. Thank you.
Lasieus (7 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
Not sure if you have heard of this, but its like the ouija board. There are different types. I guess it depends on the country you are from or the culture you are in...

in singapore, I have seen and heard a few types of " ouija" being used. I have seen the actual ouija board. I have seen those that are hand drawn... With numbers and symbols and letters and yes and no...

there is another type that is called bi xian or literally pen entity. A group of people hold on to a pen and invite the spirit to communicate with them by writing or drawing... The pen acts like the cup/coin from the ouija board. Friends of mine has tried it and one entity actually kind of became my friend spiritual friend after that.

consequences differ depending on whether one knows how to invite the spirit to leave and whether the spirit means harm.

as for your case about your disappearing things, I have had that experience before. But it aint specific stuff. Little things disappear. One moment I'm sure I left it there and the next moment its gone. I tried shouting and scolding whatever or whoever is taking my stuff (I know it ain't my family) and usually after awhile, I find what I lost. Sometimes in the same place as I lost it. And sometimes its elsewhere.
AllieRN (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
OUIJA Board? Are you crazy? That's asking for trouble! I've known people who messed with OUIJA boards and got burnt. 😐
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-10)
Hi action. Abby has a great idea, set up a video camera or try a tape recorder sometime when you're not home. I'm with everyone else - leave that ouija board alone! It sounds like your jewel thief is just playing around with you, innocent but annoying, but you never know what could be attracted through the ouija. Try asking the entity to leave you alone and move on. Thanks for sharing your story, let us know what happens!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
Please, no ouijia boards! They are very detrenmental to... Well everything in my opinion. If you have used it in your home before, you may have opened a portal and do have some type of entitiy in your home. Please close it completely, there are some great instructions that Shane has posted, don;'t do it the wrong way like I did before I knew any better. I have NEVER heard a story with a ouijia board in it that has a happy ending.

Animals are very sensitive. Just as children are. I also like the other suggestions of placing a camera where you would leave a peice of jewelery and see what happens.

Place a cross in each of your rooms, especially the bed room and a Bible. Tell 'it' to leave in the name of the Lord.

God Bless!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
Hi Sarah! I have had things like that happen to me. Things disappearing and then reappearing days later where I had looked before. It's always money or jewelry, especially jewelery. It usually turns back up but sometimes is never seen again. I don't think you are dealing with a poltergeist but I do, however, think you let something in when you played with that Ouija board. NEVER PLAY WITH THE OUIJA BOARD! Can't express that enough. And animals do see and hear things that we do not. They are highly sensitive! Thanks for your story and hope to hear anything new on this matter! 😊-Shelby
Ohiowatha (11 stories) (415 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
Never, ever "play" with a ouija board. You do not know how to use it properly and it will cause you more harm than good.

Please, for your own safety, DO NOT use a ouija board to try to "talk to" these entities. You will get burned.
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
I agree with Abby. Try doing what she says. I believe you have a child ghost in your home. It could have crossed while you were playing the ouji board. These things are like a portal. Anything can come in good or bad. By the way animals do see things. The see more then we do. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
Abby (710 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-08)
Dear Sarah,

Many times a ghost just wants you to know they are there. I would just speak to the ghost and ask them politely, but with firm intention to knock it off. You could also set out a heart piece of jewelry and have a video camera set up to record to see who or what may be taking your jewelry.

Yes, animals are sensitive.

Please take the time to view articles and other related stories and comments on this site and sister sites. The more research and information you find; the more you will understand what you are dealing with and what best to do to resolve or better your current situation.

Blessings, Abby

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: