You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: My Friend's Uncle

Real Ghost Stories

My Friend's Uncle

 

This is a pretty short story of an experience that happened to my friend that I witnessed. My friend Kathy is Half Muslim and half irish. Her father Mammoud is full Muslim and her mother chrissy full irish. Her uncle on her father's side was by far her favorite uncle. This happened about a year and half ago.

Her uncle was not doing very well and had some kind of cancer. He was completely bed ridden in the hospital and my friend kathy would visit him all the time. When the doctors told their family that he was not going to be living the very long, they were always visiting him everyday. My friend had a camera and video phone and decided to record her and her uncle having a conversation, so she could always hear his voice. She turned her video phone on and she told her uncle to say something. He looked at kathy and said "I love You Kathy ".

A couple of days later, she showed me it cause she thought it was sweet and I hadn't met him yet. A week later he past away. My family were invited to the funeral and so many people showed up. When they buried him, he was laid on his side. I don't really know why or if this has any importance to them being muslim and that being tradition.

The next day my friend was crying hysterically and asked if she could come over and I said "of course" She was over at my house about 10 minute later. She began to tell me she had a dream the night before, the night after the funeral. She said she was in the cemetery where he was buried in Citris Heights Ca. She said it was very foggy and there was he casket waiting to be lowered and her uncle was sitting up in his casket talking to her. She said he told her how much he loved her and that he will be ok and always watch over her and be there for her. She said she then woke up and went to open her phone to see what time it was. She then noticed that the video she had taken of her uncle was set as her main background and when she opened it, it played the video where he told her he loved her. She said she had never set that as her background and she had many photos and videos taken with her phone since she had taken that video. So it was odd that out of every photo and video she had, that that was the one the got "accidentally" set as her background.

What scared her more was because he had just died and it was her uncle looking at her every time she opened the phone, it creeped her out. She tried to change it and take it off. It would not work. You would got to the change default background option and select a different pic and it wouldn't change. I had the same phone as her and I tried to change it and nothing worked. I thought that this was very strange and thought that it was touching.

It's nice to know that they deceased still live on, and watch over us.

Other hauntings by msblondie21

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, msblondie21, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

bardsidhe (38 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
I would say the same as the others that it was good and don't be freaked out and all that, but I have to say, I would freak out too...
in my line of work, one learns that Coincidences don't just happen, sure they can happen, but in this case like most there are too many "factors' that rule out a coincedence. (forgive my spelling, it is 1:23 am here and I am at the end of a long shift)
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
msblondie21, what a lovely story. Isn't it wonderful that even though a person dies, there may still be a connection with the living in a real way? Your poor friend, though. I hope she is feeling better about this and believes that her Uncle merely wanted her to know that he did not just say that he loved her for that recording, but that he would love her for all time. Thank you for sharing your friends story.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
Sounds as if he was also watching out for her. People have ways of letting us know they love us and all though they have moved on they will remmebr us and care for us. I realize she must have been 'freaked' out but it truly was and is a blessing that he was abloe to show her he was okay, and that he truly loved her.

God Bless!
ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
I agree with you. Those who pass away are always with us. Sometimes we do forget about it but somtimes thinking about it and knowing that the person is very close to us helps. Liked reading you story. See you soon and take care

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: