You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Tap On The Shoulder And The Call Of The Name

Real Ghost Stories

A Tap On The Shoulder And The Call Of The Name

 

When I was 11 years old, my father had told me that my family was going to move to a new location. Now, my father got a promotion for his job, so it was required for us to all move together. But, I didn't like the idea of moving. But, we did anyways. Before we got our house, we needed a place to stay. So, my Aunt and Uncle let us stay with them, in Traverse City, Michigan, since they had some extra rooms for us. Right now, I had not encountered any ghosts or anything. No sightings. Nothing. But, as time went on, I did.

Finally we got our new house. I was 12 years old now; spent a whole year in my Aunt and Uncle's house. I was used to the whole "new house" thing, but I was still uneasy about it. This house gave me an odd feeling. Like something wasn't quite right. This house had a basement, the main floor, a second floor, and even an attic (but we barely even used the attic). We began to slowly unpack our boxes. Then, night fell.

My father had set up my bed. Now, my bed is a bunk bed and I always slept on the top. I always felt safer when I could look down at the floor. This was the first night I would sleep in the new house. The lights were turned off and silence spread through my room, the only sound was my quiet, even breathing. Then, all of a sudden, I felt like I wasn't alone. I felt like there was someone else there with me. I opened my eyes and looked around, squinting to help my eyes adjust to the darkness. I saw no one, so I dismissed it as just my 12 year old brain not being used to the new room. I rolled over and faced the wall.

I began to doze off again. Soon after, it felt like something - or someone - had sat on my mattress. I still do not know if it was my imagination or actually a ghost.

--

I am 17 years old now. I had just moved again from Traverse City, Michigan to Roscommon, Michigan. This house I live in now, it's... It's different. I have been getting a lot more activity than the previous house. I do not know if I'm being followed, or this is a new spirit of some sort that just likes to mess with me.

On the weekends, my parents leave me home alone. They go grocery shopping or run other errands up town. I sit in the living room and read my books. But soon, I hear little things happen in my house. Sometimes, I hear stuff come from the loft in our living room. Please note that when I'm home alone, all of my pets are always by me; either at my feet or on the couch. Sometimes, I try to dismiss the noises as a small animal that managed to get in the walls, but these noises turn from scratching to tapping.

I have to resist the urge to call out those silly questions like "Who's there?" and "Hello?", because I know that no one else is here. Just me and my pets at my feet. I stay quiet and listen. The tapping eventually stops.

One time, I was walking to my room and I swear I heard someone running after me. I was actually scared. I whipped myself around, but I saw no one. The strange thing is though, I felt a presence behind me every time and then a soft brush of cold are move across my face. I would always ask myself "Why me?" No one else in my family, who lived in my house, was being picked on or taunted. Just me.

This ghost/spirit/entity would poke my shoulder, like some one who is trying to get the attention of someone else. Note that I am always alone when the tap on my shoulder occurs. I would always look over my shoulder to see who it was, but I did in vain. No one would be there. This happens constantly.

It is turning into tapping my shoulder, then saying my name. "It" only says my name if I ignore the tapping on my shoulder. I would hear my name being called in a quiet whisper, slightly cut off like the person or thing is struggling to say it.

I wish to investigate further, but I lack the proper skills/ability and equipment to do so... What should I do?

Other hauntings by JustAnotherPerson

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JustAnotherPerson, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

JustAnotherPerson (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-11)
Antu,

Oh! That's funny! 😁 I never thought about that!

My update takes place in a different town now, so keep that in mind when you read it.
Antu (1 stories) (27 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-01-05)
I will read your update before posting my thoughts, but I do have to point out one little coincidence, every time you end up in Traverse City, you traverse to a new home! 😜 Lol! I couldn't resist...

Antu
JustAnotherPerson (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
SilverWorlf77,

I have been trying to get my parents to get me a recording device like that. The microphone on my cellphone does not work very well, that's why I won't use it.

Trust me, I have been trying my best to attempting to talk to this spirit. 😲
SilverWolf77 (1 stories) (41 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-08)
If you have a digital device, use a sound recording app and try to get the spirit to leave you an EVP message. Just talk to it and tell it to speak into your device, the play back and listen for replies.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-03)
Hey JustAnotherPerson I am very much agree with Agua... One more thing I want to add that when you are alone in the room you can get this kind of feeling... Had you talked to your parents about this?
Agua (4 stories) (61 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-02)
Oh, I want to add that I have NO expertise regarding how to deal with these things other than my own experience - I'm not a medium or psychic or demonologist or anything special whatsoever; just a guy who's lived through these things in several homes over the years.
Agua (4 stories) (61 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-02)
Sounds like you have something there young fella. My first reaction would be to ignore it and see if it subsides over time. I don't know why but I've frequently heard that if you give them attention their antics can strengthen. I've always brushed the stuff off myself. And by ignore it, I don't mean don't tell anyone about it, I just mean don't try to contact it or engage it. Don't dwell on it in your mind, especially don't be afraid of it - just brush it off as just something that exists in the house with you that you have to put up with.

I don't have a time frame on how long you should try to ignore it, but if it gets to doing anything more sever than tapping your shoulder or calling your name, you might want to exorcise the house. You can have a minister do this or you can do it yourself if you feel up to it - it isn't difficult at all.

Good luck and keep us up on what's going on there.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: