You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Shadow Ghosts

Real Ghost Stories

Shadow Ghosts

 

I've always lived in Florida my whole life, so when I found out my boyfriend at the time, who was from Ohio, had been laid off and his only option was moving back to Ohio, I decided to go with him. I was pregnant at the time too and that was my biggest reason for moving.

When we first arrived in Ohio we stayed with his dad for the first week because him mom and stepfather were on vacation in Ireland. My first day there I was in the house alone because my boyfriend went to work with his dad.

Not knowing anyone and not knowing my way around I got bored very quickly. My boyfriend and his brother's childhood room was upstairs and in a mix of curiosity and boredom I made my way up the stairs and into the room.

I had a heavy feeling going up the stairs. I don't know how else to describe it. It felt like the higher I climbed the more something pushed back against me, my legs even felt heavy and I was having trouble breathing. I thought nothing of it because I was 5 months pregnant and I have asthma, I figured it was health related.

Once I got into their room it got even harder for me to breathe. I ignored it and started looking around the room. It was an attic type room with a sloped ceiling and a bed on each side and a window in the middle. There was a bookshelf to my left at the foot of one bed and a desk at the foot of the bed on the right. The right bed was directly in front of the closet. The bedroom door was right next to the closet.

I started looking at the pictures and trophies on the bookshelf and I got this overwhelming feeling that I shouldn't be in that room, and something didn't want me in there. I still couldn't breathe and I was freaked out so I decided to go back downstairs. As I was going down the stairs it felt like something was chasing me and if I would have stopped it would have slammed right into the back of me.

Once I was down the stairs I could breathe and the heaviness was gone, but I felt pure evil on that staircase and I never went back up there and ran by the staircase every time I passed it. I never said anything to my boyfriend or his dad because I didn't want to sound crazy.

Nothing else happened until our last night in the house. His dad was taking us out to dinner and I was in the bathroom getting ready. If you looked out the bathroom door there is a weight room to the immediate right, the room my boyfriend and I stayed in right next to it and across from our room was the evil staircase. The living room and the front door could be seen from the bathroom door.

The house was dark except for the bathroom because we were leaving and there was enough light in the house. I saw my boyfriend come from the left side and go into the weight room. I knew it was him because he always wore a hoodie, even if it was 100 degrees outside. I asked him if I had time to straighten my hair and he didn't answer. I called to him again and still no answer so I went into the room and no one was there. I know what I saw and I know it was a guy with a hoodie. It was quick movement and I saw who or whatever it was wearing black hoodie and pants.

I went outside and my boyfriend and his dad were outside by my car talking. I asked him if he was in the house and he said that they had been standing out there talking. I knew he wasn't playing a joke because I would have seen him come back out of the room and the only two ways out were both in my line of vision. I told him what happened and he brushed it off. We left for his mom's house the next morning and I couldn't be happier to get out of there.

If I would have know what I know about his mom's house I would have moved back to Florida that day. The first night I took a shower in the downstairs bathroom and I felt like someone was watching me. They were clear doors and I could see through them so I knew no one was there. It felt that way for the rest of the week. I didn't say anything again because I figured it was my imagination.

His mom and I were watching ghost hunters a few weeks later and she told me how any child who comes into the home sees a man. Her granddaughter even asked "Who's daddy is that?" She said she nor her husband had ever seen it. She said he was always seen in the front room where the staircase was.

The front room opened into a small hallway which had a small dining table and the downstairs bathroom was to the right and the kitchen was to the left, the den was straight ahead. The day I saw him I was home alone it was around noon and it was broad daylight. I was sitting in the den and I happened to look to my left and I saw the figure of a man, it was solid black but it had shape to it, walk from the kitchen around the dining room table and into the downstairs bathroom. It was a man with his head down, 50s style hair, his hands were in his pockets and his collar was turned up on his jacket.

It didn't really scare me or feel threatening but I never went into that bathroom again. I told his mom what I saw and I asked if I could use her bathroom from then on. I never saw or felt anything after that. A month or so later my boyfriend and I broke up and I have never been back to either house since. That was seven years ago. I'm not sure if the ghost is still seen in his mom's house or not.

What do you guys think? Has anyone else ever experienced something like this?

Other hauntings by Walkingdeadgirl8384

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Walkingdeadgirl8384, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Walkingdeadgirl8384 (3 stories) (8 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-03)
I don't think the one at his fathers house was residual. Whatever that was felt evil. The one at his moms was less threatening and since it's seen by the kids all the time, I feel it would be more of a residual. I didn't want both to be haunted, lol. I had enough of ghosts by the time we got to his moms.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-03)
Walkingdeadgirl8384... You mean both both the house were haunted?... Seems residual haunting to me...

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: