You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Visit From Grandmother

Real Ghost Stories

Visit From Grandmother

 

Place of origin: PEI, Canada

Hello,

I can't remember for sure when this happened. I know it was when I was either 17 or 18, for an important story you'd think I'd know for sure but time has a way sometimes. My grandmother passed (from now on I'll call her nanny cause I always did) a couple years before, and my granddad was now seeing another woman. I would stay at his house every Friday night while he went out to the dance and spent the night away to look after his 2 dogs.

On this night I decided to stay in the downstairs bedroom, which used to be nanny's. She had broken her hip earlier and couldn't use the steep stairs that led to her old bedroom. I'm not sure on the time it happened but it was some time after 1:00 as that's the time I usually went to sleep. I awoke with a jolt, like something had poked me awake, and there in the doorway was nanny.

I can't describe the fear I felt. It was intense and looking back I wish I would of reacted different. She didn't look frail and sick like when she passed, she looked as I remembered as a kid. It makes me happy knowing that she wasn't in any more pain (I believe). She wasn't smiling, she never talked, she just stood in the doorway watching me. I'm a little ashamed but I screamed. I'm not kidding when I said I was terrified! The whole experience probably never lasted longer than a minute, she just disappeared. I continued to stay at the house but I never slept downstairs again, like that would matter for a ghost!

Right or wrong I never told granddad, who died a couple months later. No, I don't think she was an omen for his death, I think she was just visiting her home and seen me. I wish so much I wouldn't of been scared and talked to her, I'll never get that experience again. Years later my mother would see granddad, but that's a different story.

Thanks for reading.

Other hauntings by Horrorfan85

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Horrorfan85, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Caz (342 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-03)
Yep...I reckon I'd have screamed too then leapt on my horse and got out of Dodge! Thanks for sharing! 😁
Horrorfan85 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-03)
Thank you everyone for your comments 😁. It's nice to have a place to post this where people aren't making fun of me or calling me a liar. This is what really got me into the paranormal, looking back. My family has had other experiences that I will continue to post.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-03)
That's an interesting story... Loved to read this... Thanks for sharing:)
JerryB (8 stories) (189 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-02)
Interesting. Reminds me of when my own grandmother passed away; shortly after I had a very vivid dream of speaking with my grandmother, telling her how nice she looked and who had attended her funeral, etc. It was a dream, I know it was, but still it seemed so real and gave me a bit of closure. And when I say dream I am not insinuating you dreamed your event, just that I was reminded like I said. Thanks.
Agua (4 stories) (61 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-02)
Thank you. That is a neat story. I agree, I think you reacted the way just about anyone would in that situation.
esther91 (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-02)
Thank you for this post. It was very interesting. Honestly though I think you reacted normally for the situation.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: