You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Perhaps It's Upset At Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Perhaps It's Upset At Me?

 

This story takes place in my home town Hemet, CA. It happened this year, this month actually. On October 19, 2015. It wasn't anything very remarkable, I was sitting down in a chair watching TV in my room when one of my purses came down from the top of my closet and hit me in the head. I do not have doors on my closet I took them off and actually put my TV inside of it. With plenty of room for my clothes as well. It's a big closet, it spans the length of my bedroom.

Well, at first I thought maybe my cat had gotten up there and knocked it down. (She does that often.) But I looked and she was sound asleep in her bed. So then I thought maybe it just fell on its own, but it couldn't have it was aimed right at me. If it fell it would have fallen straight down, and it wouldn't have fallen with such force.

The thing that makes this story even stranger is that this same thing happened to me 6 years ago in this same house, in the same room! It's my grandmother's house, she has owned it since I was a small child.

What happened 6 years ago was this, I was sitting on the floor and my cat was walking by and I made a quick little movement toward her to scare her (I realize how bratty that was to do) but I would never hurt her, I was just joking. It is pretty funny to see her jump 3 ft in the air over me sighing or something like that. Anyway when I did that she jumped of course, but then a picture frame flew off the wall at me. It didn't hit me, it hit my bed post before it reached me (because I was sitting on the ground next to the bed). And again if it had just fallen it would have fallen straight down, not at me sitting across the room.

The only person that I know of that died in her house was the woman who left her the house. I don't remember her name but it was my grandmother's AA sponsor. Apparently my grandma was the only family this woman had so she left her a house. Now this woman wouldn't have done that if she didn't love my grandma.

I thought maybe she didn't like me spooking the cat like that, so she would see how I liked being scared. But I did learn my lesson I never scared my cat again (intentionally). Not sure what I did to deserve the purse to the face this time. Your thoughts?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kaykay3313, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
I did just think of something else that happened that is very strange. It has happened a couple of times, late at night I will hear whimpering at my door and it sounds just like my dog when he's whimpering to be let in. Except I know it's not him because he sleeps with me every night and he likes to lay right up against me, so if it were him I would feel him expell breath a bit more vigorously than a normal breath. I know it wasn't him so I asked my fiance if he heard it and he said yes I said what is it? He said it's Levi (our dog). I said it can't be he's right here. So then I thought maybe one of my cat's somehow learned to mimic him so I go out there to see who the wise guy is and they are both fast asleep.
kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-11)
Val your right, if I do need to use it I will try my best to be open minded and believe it will work. 😊 Thanks for the link by the way.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-10)
kaykay,
Just call me Val 😊. It's a lot easier to type!
I think it's a common misconception that in order to work things have to be complicated. It simply isn't so. Sometimes simpler is better. The most important thing is that you need to believe it will work. You need faith in it.
kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-10)
Valkricry (sorry I spelt your name wrong earlier). Haha well anyway I'm not Catholic so I'm not sure if I would be allowed a blessing by a Catholic priest. But if this kind of stuff continues or if I see any dark shadows I will most definitely try one or the other of those suggestions. I have to say although I am starting to really respect and enjoy Rook's opinion, I am a bit skeptical about the shielding method I realize it has worked for countless YGS member's. It just sounds so easy!
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-10)
kaykay,
It's been my experience that if you ask nicely most Catholic priests will oblige blessing a home. You could also do Rook's home cleansing shield. It's on his profile: http://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155
Quite a few members have used it and swear it really works well. It has the added bonus of explaining how to surround yourself and loved ones with a protective shield.
kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-10)
Valricky it definitely never struck anything before me I would have not only heard it but saw it aswell, I wish I could write this off or debunk it but I can't. This worries me pretty badly also because I care for my grandmother who has dementia in the home, but whatever it is seems to leave her alone.
kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-10)
My cousin also thinks I should get the house blessed but I wouldn't really know who to go to for that, I currently don't belong to a church. So what I did was pray over some oil and put crosses all over the house above the widows and doors.
kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-10)
It used to be my mother's room until she remarried and moved. She said she has seen dark figures standing at the foot of her bed at night. She said that sometimes it would go away if she says "In the name of Jesus leave this house." Other times it won't go away.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-11-09)
Well that is odd. You're right that things normally fall straight down and not at an angle - unless it struck something else first and 'bounced'? But then you would have heard it connect with whatever it struck prior to popping you, I think.
Does anything else odd happen in that room?
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-09)
Thanks for sharing. That's an interesting experience. I don't know the answer but here's a theory; the old woman's spirit still hangs around the room, she likes it there, maybe she visits often? Maybe she was really annoyed at you scaring the cat and she sent a picture frame at your head, which luckily (for you) didn't connect.
Now it must take a lot of energy for spirits to move objects, so anyway the old lady returns to hang out in her room again and she sees you! The cat abuser! (remembering the passing of time is vastly different in spirit - 6 years in our world could be like 6 days in spirit) the person who scared her cat. She thinks "I won't miss this time" and decides to hurl something a bit easier in your direction. The purse connects with your head, you get a fright, the old lady exacts her revenge and the Universe is balanced once more.
Just a theory, but you never know...?
permramaan (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-08)
i suspect this doesn't involve your cat. This entity or force is trying to get your attention or to hurt you. Get your house blessed and check for the history of the house

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: