You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Darkness

Real Ghost Stories

The Darkness

 

A few months ago over the summer, I experienced something that I have never encountered before. It was on a Saturday night and I was spending the night at my boyfriend's house like always. We had went to sleep a little early that night.

It was 2 or 3 in the morning when I had stirred awake because I thought someone came in the room. I was sitting up and looked down to make sure my boyfriend was still next to me, which he was sound asleep. I looked up and I saw this shadow of a person standing in the room, looked like it was 6 ft tall. I immediately became numb and unable to move as I was staring at this shadow. I felt like it was walking towards the bed and I was so frightened I couldn't do anything, I couldn't even talk.

After about 5 minutes of this, I was able to turn myself and I violently shook my boyfriend because I was petrified of this thing. He, of course, didn't believe me. He got up and turned on the lights and nothing was there so he put his arm around me and we went back to sleep, but I knew it was still there watching.

The next morning I told his dad what had happened, and he told me that he has seen it before too. He said that it is a demon, and it came to him at night and would just stand by the bed glaring at him, and he would tell it to go away.

I haven't seen it again. I do feel weird every time I am alone in the basement since that is where my boyfriend's room is. But also just recently in September something physical happened to me but I was unsure of it because I have IBS- sorry guys I know TMI. But this has never happened to me before where I had woken up with extreme abdominal pain, felt nauseous and uncontrollably shaking and going through a cold sweat I thought that it could have been whatever this thing was trying to do some sort of harm. What do you guys think?

Other hauntings by brighteyez

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, brighteyez, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

brighteyez (9 stories) (21 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-10-19)
shelbyloree Thank you for writing, he actually has not said anything about it since, and me and my fiance moved out of there house into our own house.
shelbyloree (5 stories) (285 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-08-19)
Is he alright now or is he getting worse? That is extremely concerning.
brighteyez (9 stories) (21 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-12-08)
[at] chria29 now that you mention it, his father tends to get angry in the house, and outside is completely normal, but lately he has been saying really strange things about being depressed and that when he wakes up he feels as though he shouldnt be alive, its very concerning.
chria29 (3 stories) (25 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-09)
I think when demons haunt houses they usually bring on negative emotions and energy and it projects onto the people living there. Does your boyfriend or his dad act differently in the house than outside it? Does he ever complain about feeling depressed or angry for no reason? Those are just a few thoughts to consider otherwise it's probably just a shadow person or a being of some sort just watching over.
cheyenne24 (1 stories) (10 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-06)
I would ask your boyfriends father as to why he perceives this entity as a demon. Regarding your story, it seems he is familiar with the being. Ask for more insight. I would also attempt to look into the history of this property. In the meanwhile, if you are fearful look into some form of spiritual protection.

Regards,
Chey.
Jessicqqqq (5 stories) (56 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-04)
You're on the east coast. I used to live in Bangor Maine and we lived in the basement since someone else lived upstairs, my aunt lives in Manhattan.m, and my cousin lives in Dumont New Jersey. Those states are so old and so much has happened there. If you could see what it looks like, you might want to google it. It could be a demon, an alien, or really anything.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-03)
Having IBS myself, I can empathize, and the symptoms seem nothing to me like anything I've experienced from hauntings. Well, if you read my story, you'll learn there's only one thing I witnessed that I could not find an alternate explanation for, but I've had other weird things happen.

Stay safe.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: