You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Non Human Entities :: Laughing Birds

Real Ghost Stories

Laughing Birds

 

This experience happen one night when me and my friends went out for some drinks. We went to a local club downtown and I remember I told my friends I was going to wait for them in the car. I was feeling a little bad already.

It was around one in the morning, the club was almost over so I just got out and started walking to the car. This area in town is known to have very bad vibes and a lot of bad things happen there but, like anyone, we never believed anything would happen to us.

We parked about half a block away from the main entrance of the club. It's kind of darker but it was the only parking kind of close to the entrance. I got in the car and got on the driver seat. I was sitting there with the windows up and doors locked, again downtown bad area.

I was there for a few minutes or so. Then I heard what I thought was two girls laughing. I brushed it off and thought maybe they were just drunk since it was almost two and the club closes at two I ignored it.

Then I saw my best friend Ronnie walking towards the car. I unlock the doors and turn back around. Then I hear the laughing again and before I even get the chance to turn around my best friend ran in the car with the ugliest look on his face. I looked at him and I asked, "Are you okay?" He stayed quiet for a minute, eyes wide open and not knowing what to say. He looked scared. Finally he said you didn't see that. I was freaking out more with him, to be honest. But I said no, I didn't see anything.

Not even a few minutes later, I turned back around and turn on the radio. He tells me to look out the window. I see two birds flying not too high above from us, laughing. I don't know what kind of birds they were. They didn't look like any birds I have ever seen before.

They were not too far or high above, I got to see them clearly. They were horrible looking. And quite big. They were laughing like girls, they sounded human. My friend just told me let's leave. I couldn't some of our other friends were still in the club. He was panicking. So I just got out of the parking lot and turned around and picked up our other friends in the main entrance.

He stayed quiet the whole ride home. I remember he asked if he can spend the night at one of our houses. His parents weren't home and he didn't want to stay alone. So we all decided to stay at my friend Ana's house. That night he couldn't sleep and I tried asking again what was it that he saw. He told me that he saw me walk out and he saw some guy follow me. Since he's one of my best friends, he's always been over protective.

So when he was walking towards the car, he said that he also heard what it was sounding like two girls laughing. He said that he turned around and saw nobody. So he brushed it off, probably two girls drunk and laughing super loud somewhere. So he kept on walking. Then he said he heard a whistle. Super close to the back of his head. He said that he felt something in back of him so he started walking faster. As he was walking something hit him in the back of his head. And when he turned around he saw the most ugliest bird hovering over him. He said it had a human's face more like a girl's face and that it said "You're coming with me." That's when he ran towards the car.

He didn't want to tell me anything because he knew I was going to panic. These birds in my area are common, a lot of sightings have been seen around here. They are mostly known as witches or messengers for witches. I live in an area where a lot of people still do witchcraft and a lot of them are not nice people. These human like birds like to come out at night but most sightings here or mostly towards guys out late at night.

Other hauntings by beautifulSoul

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, beautifulSoul, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments but I won't participate in the discussion.

Pink496 (guest)
 
6 years ago (2018-07-17)
Hey there! Wow What a crazy and fascinating experience I enjoyed this story. Best wishes -pink496
psysch (8 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-02)
Thanks guy. After reading the comments, I am more sure than ever the voices in my head are that of birds entities. It has been 2 years of hearing voices in my head and now I am sure of their tone; is birds entities tone. They sound human but is of a different tone than our human tone. Higher pitch and more beautiful tone but deadly nasty. These entities are pure liars. Whatever they tell me in my head are all 100% lies. Now the voice attack in my head has reduced significantly. Yesterday this nasty one told me my dad is dead. I just ignore it. When I went back home my dad is still alive. Don't believe these bird liars.
loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-29)
I have had a lechusa come to my house I heard like it was screaming and laughing and trying to talk it did scare me. My mom said some prayer and the thing went away. I know of many stories that invlove the witches. They are pure evil. I know they happen a lot in mexico as well here in the u.s and texas. I knew this lady she was a witch she would transform her self. I din't know this at first after that I just never spoke to her again. I would not like to speak to those kinds of people so I stay away from the bad ones. If you ever go back there go back and say prayers throw holy water at them and cast them away. Nothing good comes from them. Nice story thanks for sharing. My mom is mexican and she has seen these things plenty of times she does not get scared because she knows how to cast them away most of the time. And what ever you do never give them any acces to any of you guys names because they can use that to track you down. 😳
beautifulSoul (2 stories) (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-25)
hey everyone thank you for the comments and some of you asked if I know the legend well I kind of know now but at the time I didn't but a lot of people in my area have had similar experiences like my cousin he was walking home from a friends house that stayed two blocks down from where he lived it was around two in the morning he said and he heard someone whistle thinking it was his friend calling him he whistled back next thing you know he said he saw something flying over him what look like a big bird with an ugly face he started running and it started following him he ran inside his house lock the door and even his mother heard the bird whistle outside his window they said it stayed there until about six in the morning and they would see it every now and then they said it lasted for a couple months after that they had know issues know more but yes I stay in an area where a lot of things like this do happen and for those of you who asked where exactly I'm at I'm in Tamaulipas Mexico
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-10)
According to the mythology of the pre-Columbian cultures these birds are known as "Nagual".
A "Nagual" is a person (healer, shaman or witch), who has the ability to transform himself into an animal to do either good or bad deeds.
Naguales can be dogs, owls (lechuzas), birds, pigs and others, and are determined by the birthday of the person.
This belief has survived to the present day.

As far as I know, naguales do not look like a human-animal hybrid, but just like animals that behave different to the normal for their species; but I cannot speak for what is believed in the different areas of the country.

Personally, I would have to see a person shape shifting into an animal in order to believe the existence of Nagual... Though I think I wouldn't like to watch such a transformation! 😨

BeautifulSoul: do you live in southern Mexico? One of my acquaintances used to live in Chiapas for some time and was convinced that a nagual was following him under the shape of a pig that would walk on the sidewalks behind him and stop and look both sides before crossing a street. 😐

Thanks for sharing.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-10)
After a quick search the following list was procured... It is not all of them but it does provide a list to begin researching...

So here is a short list of Avians (Birds) with Human faces and or a mixture of the two:

Alkonost - A creature from Russian folklore with the head of a woman with the body of a bird, said to make beautiful sounds that make anyone who hears them forget all that they know and not want anything more ever again. Counterpart of the Sirin, which it lives with in the underworld.

Gamayun - A creature portrayed with the head a woman with the body of a bird from Russian mythology.

Harpy - A half-bird, half-woman creature of Greek mythology, portrayed often as a woman with a body of a bird and the head of a human.

Siren - A creature of Greek mythology with a bird body and a human's head.

Sirin - Half-bird, half-human creature with the head and chest of a woman from Russian folklore. It's bird half is generally that of an owl's body.

Again this is not exhaustive... But a good start for research. Happy hunting...

Respectfully,

Rook
kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-10)
I am not doubtful whatsoever about your experience I know crazy thing's happen, but they are right about birds being able to mimic human noises or voices.
kaykay3313 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-10)
I have heard something like this before, I've heard their is a specific demon who takes on the appearance of a bird. Also this demon is female and likes to prey on men, so this really has me thinking that's what it is. I really wish I could remember the name. But with that being said most common demons cannot speak human languages. A large number of types are, however, able to parrot human speech that they have heard. 
Paranoid_believer (1 stories) (35 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-10)
OMG! This is extremely scary.! Does anyone have an idea on what sort of entity it is? Are these kind of entities common in Mexico? Does the word 'you are coming with me' mean they will haunt you continuously? I would really like to know. Anyways,i'm glad your friend was unharmed
With respect...PB!
mirandakellyamethyst (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-10)
I am reading this at around 1:00 AM, alone in my dark room, and I was so much scared. Such a nice story, a unique one and very terrifying. Thank you for sharing
Angelfe (1 stories) (6 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-10)
I've heard of these, I believe they are called Lachuzas. They are usually a type of owl (when they hoot it apparently sounds like laughing) but your friend said it spoke to him so who knows...

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-09)
Thanks for sharing.
This recount reminds me of the sorcerer 'La Catalina' from 'Teachings Of Don Juan' books. She was a Mexican sorcerer who could change her appearance into a bird. Great read, scary story! Cheers
mrmonty (8 stories) (48 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-09)
Greetings beautifulsoul,
I can imaging this had to be terrifying, I have had a couple friends have strange experiences down in Mexico (though I haven't been to Mexico yet). I am interested in the legend as well, however, I'm thinking the weird laughter sound of the birds and knowing about the legend, along with the fact that you had been clubbing might have made you more open to the suggestion of the legend. It does sound like it was a very frightening experience.
permramaan (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-07)
i felt reading van helsing 😆
Anyways thank you. May be those witches and vampires are still lurking around in your place! ❤
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-07)
OMG... This is scary... I am glad you were not harmed... Really scary 😨 😨
cheyenne24 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-06)
Intriguing story, thank you for sharing. Do you mind providing a location?

Regards,
Chey
chapulin1234 (guest)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-06)
Hello Beautiful soul,

I have heard about that too, and people say they are witches, your friend was very lucky.
Regards,
Claudia
db (13 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-06)
Thanks for sharing this interesting and scary account. Dreamer01 brings up important questions, please tell us if there is local legend? Also, Mexico has many native parrot and other bird species capable of mimicking human speech and other sounds.
As a long term parrot owner the behavior you describe is very much like what I have experienced having parrots as pets, even the laughing and flying down to peck at someone's head from behind.
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-05)
hi beautifulsoul,

How fascinating and scary that experience sounds.so, are these birds part of local legend, sounds like they are. Do you know the history of the legend and how far back in time does it go? If you can give me a name or place or any clues I will look into it myself. I am not much of a researcher but it might be worth a shot.

Birds are such fascinating creatures and can mimic all sorts of sounds wether human, another animal or even machinery. There are plenty of you tube clips to watch on this subject if you have not already you will be entertained and amazed.

Thanks for sharing 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: