You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: The Old Lady Was My Great Grand Mother

Real Ghost Stories

The Old Lady Was My Great Grand Mother

 

This is my fist submission although I have been an avid reader of this site. Am from Hyderabad,India. Am a Tamil Brahmin whose day starts with puja and we are all very specific about every single ritual. Am the only child to my parents. This incident that am going to share happened to me when I was in 4th standard. Until then I didn't even know the concept of ghosts and other things. So read on my first experience with the ghost.

It was in the month of December. My chacha (father's younger brother) had passed away due to prolonged illness. He was mentally unstable. He got cancer of the blood and jaundice simultaneously. Doctors gave hope as it was in the last stage. At last, he gave up.

Ours is a big family. My dad has 8 sisters. My dad is the youngest now since chacha is no more. All of them arrived hearing the news. After burning the body all returned to my home. My home was jam-packed. All sat chatting about their childhood. Some were grieving. I had my social studies half yearly exam the next day.

All my relatives were in master bedroom. I was in the dining room studying. To my right was the kitchen. I remember it was 4P.M. Suddenly I felt like looking into the kitchen. Still wonder what made me do so. And there it was... A woman around 75 slim, medium height. She walked past the kitchen to the backyard. First I thought she must have been a relative. But no... I did not recognise that face. She was wearing a sandal coloured saree with plain maroon border. She looked at me and hurried towards the backyard. For a moment I didn't understand where she came from... It was only after two minute (I was still freezed) that I shouted so loudly that all relatives came running. That was my first sighting.

Then when I told my mom about the same describing the features. She showed me an old black and white family photo. And there she stood. The same old woman. Then only I came to know that this woman happened to be my dad's paternal grandmother. She adored my chacha a lot it seems. Then my mom explained me that it must be the spirit of her.

Only then I got to know such things exist. After seeing ghost at such a young age, it made a very deep impact that I lost fear of such entities. My psychic senses got activated and I started seeing many such entities. Now am a Reiki master, a tarot card reader and for me these things have become common. Thanks for reading guys.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Psychicsenses, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Psychicsenses (1 stories) (12 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-25)
Hey ram,
Am from telangana. Nice to know u. Will be waiting for it story
ram (25 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-01-22)
Hey psychicsenses
Myself ram after reading your incident I can relate my incident to yours.
Similarly I saw one too...
Il tell you in my story!
Nice knowing you...
Psychicsenses (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
thank you so much for your valuable feedback valkricry... Ill post more of my experiences... Which place are you from?
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-11)
Hello Psychicsenses,
It sounds to me as though your Great Grandmother may have taken the opportunity to see all her grandchildren gathered, even on such a sad occasion.
Thanks for sharing this.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: