You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Danger On Plainview

Real Ghost Stories

Danger On Plainview

 

Today is day 3. On day one, Saturday, November 7, 2015, I was riding my bike home from work when my problems all began to start. It was roughly 10 PM and I was in a hurry. I pass through some pretty scary places, and not as in high crime scary (I live in a rural town, nothing ever happens here), but scary as in almost zero visibility scary. Now, I've been going this same route for about 2 years, rain or shine, day or night, and have a perfect understanding of the entire surrounding area.

As I'm passing through one of the darkest places on the way home, someone touched my side. I immediately knew it wasn't another person because 1, I was moving too fast for how long they held, and 2, if I couldn't see them, I KNOW they couldn't see me. It scared me enough I decided to cross to he other side of the road.

Not 10 minutes later, I don't even know when or how it happened, but my bike was flipped, I was under it, and there was a car coming, only seconds away. I managed to get up and out of the way, and continued my way home, shaken but ok, with the odd feeling of being watched for the whole remainder of the way.

Day 2, the next day, yesterday, Sunday, November 8th, I was on my way home again. This time, I made it all the way off of the road where the previous incident had taken place. I was within home range, and assumed that if anything were going to happen, it would have happened back on that road. No sooner than I had decided I was safe, and would make it home fine, I had another accident. It certainly wasn't as bad as the previous one, but it was still enough that in its own ways was just as dangerous.

As I'm about to make a turn, my pedals gave way. And I mean literally gave out. To anyone who rides bikes, you know how strong pedals on a bike are. It's almost impossible to get them off, under any circumstances, and as I ride mine so frequently, I'm constantly maintaining it. I went over the handlebars, and it crashed down, flat against my ribs. I literally could not move for about 10 minutes. I walked the remaining distance home.

Upon getting home, I inspected my bike. The pedal arm had completely came off, and the sprocket had completely rotated opposite the turning direction of its axle, which is near impossible to do without proper tools. I tried to rotate it back, and shocker, it wouldn't budge. The part where the pedal arm had been looked melted.

Today, I am unsure of what is going to happen, and no longer know what to do or expect. I feel as though this is only going to get worse until my birthday, this Wednesday, or longer. I have been on edge since the first day, but now, I'm walking on egg shells. Is any help or advice as to what I can do?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Iowa

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, SRtopaz, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

SRtopaz (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-17)
[at] RCRuskin, what things were you lookin for to expect that weren't there?
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-17)
[at] SRTopaz

Thanks for the information. Looking at the maps, I can see a few places where something might hide, but the things I suspected are not present.

Fascinating.
Somewhatsceptic (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-16)
Yes, I agree you should be extra careful when going down that street. You say there was two incidents before hand that happened with the death and the fire with an unknown amount of casualties, there is a chance that there is a lot of lingering negative energy and that could be what's manifesting such things to happen on this particular street. I advise caution if you insist on taking this route.
SRtopaz (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-15)
[at] Amzu15, thank you for your concern. So far so good, all has been quiet since then 😊

[at] Dreamer01, This actually makes sense! To my knowledge, this has never to anyone else. But, now that I think about it, about a month ago, a friend of mine and I were riding the same route, about the same time, and as a car was passing by he randomly yelled out in pain. When I caught up to him, he said that the side mirror of the passing car had hit his hand. At the time, it seemed pretty likely, his hand was pretty red and already starting to bruise. But now, it seems as though he experienced the same thing as you and I, as the speed the car was moving would have actually most likely broken his hand, had it hit him.
dreamer01 (1 stories) (117 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-15)
srtopaz,

I just had the most wacky idea, you may have hit an invisible energy field. The reason I say this is because I had a strange experience with an energy field many a year ago.

I was crossing a street at the pedestrian lights. From memory there were 2 people to my left and 3-4 infront of me. About half way across I felt like I had walked into something soft but solid at the same time. There was a big guy 3-4 ft. Infront of me and it felt like to me that his or some other energy, unseen, but felt, was retarding my foreward strides.

That has never happened since but I remember it was quite an odd sensation. Has anyone else had a similar experience, please do tell?

😊
Amzu15 (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-15)
I hope you are okay. And nothing bad has happened. Be careful. X
SRtopaz (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
To respond to all comments and questions in one post:
[at] Tweed, I actually have, and only 2 known things have happened in the area. One I knew of, the other I didn't. Further up the road, a man had been found dead in the parking lot of the truckstop, this is the one I didn't know about. A few years back though, there had been a combine fire, and the fire department didn't get there in time.

[at] JustAnotherPerson, I have lived in this area for the past 9 years, and nothing has changed at all. I've ridden the same route day and night, and actually did inspect both sites the next day. As expected, no obstacles. The bike, upon further inspection, is beyond my hope without some major power tools.

[at] djfxw, thank you, and it did 😊

[at] RCRuskin, imagine the way pedals on a bike normally look. Now imagine that they were pressed down onto the axle with enough force that they were almost parallel. I currently have a v-shaped foot rest now, instead of pedals. As for the location, the first night took place on a roughly one mile stretch of road, with farming fields on either side. The second night took place on a moderately newer part of the actual town, but nothing has ever been reported to happen there.
Night one: https://www.google.com/maps/ [at] 41.6024106,-90.7826178,16z?hl=en
Night Two: https://www.google.com/maps/ [at] 41.5916838,-90.7793766,153m/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en
I centered the map on the rough locations, give or take a few feet.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
Hi SR,

Jeesh, I just don't know what to say, I'm really sorry this is very disturbing!
If it were me I would NOT be riding there at that time under any circumstances. I know it's a remote area but if possible talk to some locals about that location. Tell people what's been happening. Doesn't matter if they think you're loopy, someone is bound to fess up to knowing something. 😕
JustAnotherPerson (9 stories) (36 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
Hello there!

It sounds to me that something does not want you riding down that road anymore. Especially if you felt something touch you.

But, also, maybe you should inspect the streets in the daylight. Like trying to debunk everything as just plants or something. As for your bike getting messed up, I'm not sure. I mean, you say you maintain it constantly, so you should be able to find any problems if any.

I hope nothing else serious happens.
djfxw (4 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
Happy birthday! (Yesterday.) I hope it went accident free! 😁
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-12)
Hi.

I'm a bit confused about this: "the sprocket had completely rotated opposite the turning direction of its axle"

Second, I'm curious what the place where this happens looks like? Sounds like you normally go through it at night, which makes me hope you have lights on your bike, but what does it look like during the day? Any plants around? Is it in a developed area or a bit of park or forest?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: