You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Cousin With Negative Energy Attracting Spiritual Entities?

Real Ghost Stories

Cousin With Negative Energy Attracting Spiritual Entities?

 

The first incident happened about ten years ago, in my old apartment. A cousin of mine - who is extremely self-centered, overly superstitious, and who I suspect both carry and attract an abundance of negative energy because of the way she thinks and behaves towards others - was staying over for the night. From a young age, this cousin of mine claimed to be able to see spirits. I'm guessing that her ability - or her insistence on being able - to 'see' spirits might have caused some spiritual entities or energies to latch themselves onto her.

So, that night, she was sitting at the foot of my bed. The radio was on. Suddenly, she froze, and told me there was someone singing from within my bedside cabinet. I brushed it off and told her that whatever she heard must have been from the radio. She insisted it wasn't, and I then turned off the radio to prove that she must have misheard.

To my shock and horror, she was right. I heard it too - a female voice humming from within my cabinet. This voice did NOT come through the wall (i.e. It didn't float into my room from my neighbour's apartment). It emanated from WITHIN my cabinet, which ONLY contained books.

I would like to pair this incident with another - an incident that occurred a few years later when the same cousin stayed over with me again. This incident took place in my new apartment.

She was asleep on my bed, while I lay on a mattress on the floor. I was in a state of half-sleep - I had already woken up, but just wanted to shut my eyes a little longer, but without slipping back into actual sleep. Suddenly, I felt the pressure of footsteps striding across the mattress, from the foot of the mattress (near the entrance of the room) to the head (towards the window on the opposite end). The sudden pressure of footsteps on my mattress shocked me as I didn't hear the sounds of anyone actually opening the door and walking in. I immediately opened my eyes and, indeed, saw no one apart from my cousin still deep in sleep on the bed.

Any thoughts? It's uncanny that these experiences happened only when she was around. These two incidents took place in different apartments, so I'm guessing location itself wasn't the main factor.

I know for a fact that she constantly two-times men, and lies to people for her own benefit. Not to judge - but I'm wondering if negative energy accumulated from negative behaviour can invite spiritual energy that can be experienced by others around. I'm sure that people she previously hurt would not be sending thoughts of love towards her.

I would like to hear your take on this. Thanks!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, AmyFrPr, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

AmyFrPr (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-17)
Hello, thanks for your responses.

Valkricry, it's impossible for her to have placed a tape recorder where the voice was coming from. The shelf is nailed to the wall - the books were on the compartment above, and the voice was coming from within an open space framed by wood, and nailed to the wall.
Somewhatsceptic (2 stories) (15 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-16)
Otteer makes a very valid point. I believe that negative energies such as your cousins attract other similar energy I say that one day your cousins going to attract something that she won't be as excited to share. You should ask her about other experiences shes had, if there are none it could be your energy acting with her, if that's good or bad energy you have it could be either fueling or perhaps counteracting her negative energy and that could be the cause of these incidents.
valkricry (49 stories) (3269 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-15)
Amy,
I'm curious as to whether you examined the cabinet to rule out any prank your cousin may have been pulling? I only ask this because it was strikingly similar to one pulled on me by my younger sister. While I was out of the room getting ready for bed she placed a small tape player inside the cabinet and clicked play. It was a low enough volume it wasn't noticeable until the radio was clicked off.
However the footsteps on your mattress would be harder to 'create'. Personally, I believe that one's emotional status has a lot to do with the paranormal. It could well be that she's a sensitive and these spirits are attracted to her.
Amzu15 (19 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-14)
That humming must have been scary! I also believe that your cousin is attracting there negative things keeping in mind all these incidents took place when she was there. I would first of all suggest talking to her about it and ask her if these things happen to her always? Xx take care.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-14)
Hi Amy,

I agree with Otteer, the common denominator here is your cousin. You can protect yourself and your home with cleansing/shielding to prevent anything around her mucking around with you. But so far nothing bad has happened. Maybe if she stayed a week it would, I don't know lol. But it doesn't seem like you have anything to worry about.

I must admit I was gearing up to write your cousin off as an attention seeker, until you heard the singing/humming also!

As far as who the ghost (s) are or their motives for being there, hard to say. I hazard a guess if she's engaging with people on a low level, and she's deceptive, she would easily attract similar ghosts. Urgh, not nice!
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-13)
I believe negative energy is palatable, at least for me, but I'm somewhat of an empath. I think we all are actually so it would make sense that negative attracts like. That aside, doesn't sound like anything that happened was negative, it was just a show of paranormal activity, in a benign kind of way. Most likely your cousin was the main attraction.

She sounds like a rather dreadful person (sorry), I know you are relatives but id reconsider hanging with her if you can, in case she attracts something nasty and you end up in the middle of it.

Scary incidents. Especially the singing cabinet! Thanks for sharing!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: