You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Starry Night

Real Ghost Stories

Starry Night

 

The story I am about to share happened 2007 in my hometown of Fairmont, NC. The night's sky was pitch black but displayed a full moon and blanket of stars. Since it was such a beautiful night I asked my cousin would she like to go for a joyride. We decided to visit a locate bootlegger to pick up some drinks and cigs since the stores all close at 10pm. I did not personally know this individual, so I chose to stay in the car.

The sight of the stars had my full attention until I noticed someone peeking out of the window of the home. At first, I assumed Lynn (my cousin) was just checking on me. But the porch light began to flick on and off. Thought my cousin was playing a joke and just brushed it off.

She returned to the car with two shots of gin and three cigs. We sat in the yard for about five minutes because my cousin misplaced her cell. But while waiting, the porch light began to flick on and off but at a more rapid pace than before. My heart dropped because I thought it was a joke earlier.

I just brushed it off and asked where should we park. We did not drive too far from the home because there was a tobacco field at least a mile away on a dirt road that did not get many visitors. I parked the car on the side of the field. I would say we were there for about thirty minutes sharing childhood stories.

I suddenly felt a heavy weight on my shoulders and asked my cousin did she see anyone in the house by the front door looking out the window. Lynn said that everyone was seated in the dining room. I was puzzled but once again brushed it off and just gazed at the wind dancing on the tobacco leaves. Something caught my eye coming down the dirt road towards us but at the time I just could make a figure. I assumed someone that lived near by was walking to visit the bootlegger.

Couple of minutes went by and the figure was closer. I became uneasy when realizing the figure was a man. I locked the doors and continued to carry on the conversation. When the man came closer I noticed he was hovering, dressed in all black, and only his flaming red eyes were visible. I quickly ask Lynn did she see him. Lynn replied "Yes", but thought she was seeing things.

It seemed like time froze, and he looked directly in our direction. I became paralyzed in fear when he began to hover towards the car. My mind was racing... Should I drive off or pretend he does not exist? Once he was almost at my window, I drove off quickly. On the ride back, we were both silent.

When we arrived at my grandmother's, I asked again did she see that man if so what did he look like? Lynn stated that he had all black on and was covered except his eyes which were red. I prayed for extra protection that night.

I still wonder today was someone trying to warn us to leave by flicking the porch light on and off? What or who was that being? He felt like he had a very powerful dark energy around him. I have noticed with other supernatural experiences that it seems like time stops or slows down and why is that? Could it be my body's reaction to being so scared or is there any other reasoning? Feel free to comment

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Flaminbeauty87, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-19)
Flaminbeauty87... Thanks for the reply... Yes night's witness many ghostly encounter... Be safe always

And Please don't read that Novel... It is pathetic 😭
Flaminbeauty87 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
Sheetal,

I actually gained my inspiration for the title from Van Gogh's painting. The stars that night were as beautiful as he depicted them to be. I will have to look into that novel by Shobha. My grandmother always warned us about being outside late at night, but I thought that was just her displaying extra loving. Most of my experiences have occurred in the late night hours. Which leaves me to question, why are the frequency of sightings higher at night compare to my day time experiences?
Flaminbeauty87 (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
RCRuskin,
Thank you for the feedback. Those type of moments are so unique and weird all in one. Seem like nature itself is silent to your heart pounding a million time per sec.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
Flaminbeauty87... I think it was just some evil energy and unluckily you both encountered with him... It's good that you were not harmed...

P.S... Your story title reminded me novel wrote by Shobha de 'Starry nights' 😜
RCRuskin (9 stories) (815 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2015-11-17)
The perception of the passage of time does slow down during fear or heightened stress, as has been shown by psychological tests. My personal favorite of these kinds of tests involves showing a series of pictures rapidly, about 12 per second. The pictures include teddy bears, ducklings, bread, and spiders among other things and most folks report the images of spiders were displayed longer.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: