You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Small Town Haunting

Real Ghost Stories

Small Town Haunting

 

So I grew up in a small town called Clifford in Ontario. The house I grew up in was a historical home, it used to be the town's doctors office and temporary morgue. There was actually a square section of concrete on the wall in the basement where the 2 morgue drawers used to be and the front door had the old office hours still on it. A lot of strange things happened in the house over the fifteen years I lived there but I'll just tell a few for now.

When I was around seven or eight years old I was laying in my bed in the middle of the night. I had woken up and was having a hard time falling back to sleep so I was just looking around my dark room. I heard a creak in the hall so I looked in that direction hoping my brother was up to go pee so I could bug him but nope, there in the hall was a figure that was transparent and faded below the knee. It looked like it was wearing a trench coat and its face looked like a man's face but it was glitchy if that makes sense. It was walking toward my open door and disappeared at my doorframe while still in motion. I have never slept with my door open since and I'm twenty-four now.

When I was about eleven I woke up hearing a hushed argument between a man and a woman in the next room where my little brother (nine at the time) slept. At first I was wondering what my mom and dad were freaking out about in there at this time of night so I opened the vent in the wall to hear better. It was louder but the words sounded like gibberish so I thought his alarm clock radio had turned on. I went to turn it off and could hear it up until the second I turned the door knob. When I opened the door he was sound asleep in a silent, dark room. It really freaked me out because I thought it was something completely logical and if I had known it was something creepy I wouldn't have just waltzed on down the dark hallway into the room. Ew, it gives me the chills to this day.

This happened when I was fifteen. My parents were up at our cottage in Wasaga beach for the weekend and I had the house to myself. I invited my best friend over to be a badass with me and split a liter of Vex and spend the night.

She was there for about an hour when we started hearing noises upstairs. We weren't too scared since it was only three in the afternoon so we went to check it out. Nothing was out of place so we just assumed it was the old hardwood floor creaking. We went back to doing teenager stuff when it started again but this time it sounded like furniture moving. The mood got serious and we went up to check again. A bookshelf was pushed away from the wall that had been against the wall when we had checked half an hour prior. We spent the night at her house that night.

Thanks for reading. I have a few more creepy things I can't explain that I'll write about later.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lealea1991, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Amzu15 (19 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
I think your house once being a temporary morgue is the reason all this is happening. I Hope to hear more of your stories.:) (btw, some relatives of mine live in Toronto. (and I am here rotting in india. IT SUCKS!))
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
Oh this is creepy Lealea1991... I am glad your family was safe... Stay blessed ❤
Lealea1991 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
My mom's very religeous and doesn't believe in it and my dad thought something was a bit strange. My brothers and I experienced strange things a lot though. I wish I had put more work into the story. I forgot to mention that we found a bunch of toys and medical texts from the 1920s in the attic and my brothers and I started hearing steps and sounds a lot more after that. My older brother and I experienced the most creepy things.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
Lealea1991 This was scary experience specially the furniture moving... Had you ever discussed these instance with your parents and what was their reaction and your brother, does he also seen or heard anything
Lealea1991 (1 stories) (2 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
He had a vent in his wall in the same spot I had one so I could open it and even see into his room if his was open enough. It was connected to a heating duct but it was the spring and we didn't have the furnace or AC going. I mean, maybe, but that doesn't explain how I heard it until I turned the knob on his door (through the door).
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-17)
For clarification, you heard the conversation coming from your brother's room, so opened the vent to hear better.

Is this vent connected to a heating duct?

Does it terminate at a common connection that goes to both your room and your brother's room?

If so, I wonder if the sound of voices was actually coming from your brother's room and not some other point in the house?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: