You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: The Black Figure: The Worst Sleep Paralysis

Real Ghost Stories

The Black Figure: The Worst Sleep Paralysis

 

I live in Las Pinas City, the southern part of Metro Manila. There is nothing spooky from where I live or my house but, I have experienced sleep paralysis. The way I see it, it is more like a tormenting, extremely unpleasant, haunting and dark type of sleep paralysis.

It was around October-November, 2010. I was 17 years old. My Aunt went out with her friends and my brother slept over in our cousins house. In short, I was alone and it was around maybe 10 or 11 in the evening. I got hungry so I cooked an instant Korean noodles and watched TV.

After I finished eating, I stayed watching TV for maybe an hour and a half then I started feeling sleepy so I decided to go to the bedroom. I turned on the air-conditioner and turned off the lights (I can't sleep with the lights on). So doing the usual thing before I go to sleep, playing games in my phone and just checking some stuff until I fall asleep. When finally I can't keep my eyes open, I decided to put away my phone and rest.

I didn't know how many minutes this was happening or if it took an hour. I fell asleep.

Suddenly it felt like I was half-asleep and at the same time half-awake. I can see my body. It was like where dream and reality meet. All of a sudden something told me that there is someone else in the room. I tried moving but my body won't as if they were numb.

On my left side was the wall, on my right was the door 7 feet away, adjacent to the door was our cabinet. I saw a black figure standing in front of the cabinet. I was in panic cause I thought someone broke inside the house and trying to steal something or maybe it's going to kill me (I was still in the dream-reality state), so I tried moving and lifting my arms and legs but it won't. I tried shouting but nothing is coming out of my mouth. I can't speak. But I can hear myself making a sound. Suddenly the black figure started moving and circling around the room. I can see it and I still kept pushing my body to move but I can't. I realized it wasn't some intruder. It's just a black figure with a hood on and like a cape around its body.

As I was still in panic, trying to asses if this was real or a dream, I kept trying to move my body and there were times when I am like awake and I can feel that I can't move my body. This black figure suddenly went beside me. It was standing beside me as if it was watching me. I tried shouting and called for my Aunt but nothing is still coming out of my mouth and my body was like frozen in fear.

The black figure leaned over me. No face, no looks or anything just plain black. It didn't say anything but it leaned over like it was staring at me.

It got a little fuzzy after that and finally I was able to raise my body and shout, "Aunt! Aunt!" I shouted as loud as I can, I saw the door open and I saw my Aunt but she was a little blurry. Only to realize that she was only a dream. Somehow the paralysis stopped. It became unclear after that. I just woke up the next day but I didn't confront her about it. She didn't tell me anything either. I never told her about it to this day.

They say it was because of the noodles I ate. The noodles are hard to digest. But I don't know. I still experience sleep paralysis but not like this one. This is the worst. I never experienced anything spooky or unusual in our house.

Forgive my sloppy way of telling the story, I kind of had a hard time telling it cause I got afraid HAHAHA

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KXNGSD, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

NBA777 (9 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-10-28)
When you sleep lying on your back, sleep paralysis is likely to occur. Sleeping lying on your left side is said to be the best position by medical people. I did sleep paralysis once, lying on my back after a hearty meal. In my sleep, I was stretched spread- eagled by hairy black hands holding my wrists and ankles. They were just hairy hands with no body - like from a monster.

The hands were pulling me apart and I could not move, shout or talk. Besides me, my wife slept soundly, unaware I was busy struggling to break free. This went on for about 10 to 15 minutes. Then finally the hands were gone and I sat up wondering if they were real or not!
ProvincialLady (2 stories) (5 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-04-18)
Scientifically, they say sleep paralysis will occur while you are lying on your back and it's caused by eating heavy at dinner. But if sleep paralysis occur even if you sleep on your side, that's paranormal.

Can anyone confirm if this is true? 😊
HayBae (1 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-26)
😨 I have had a very similar expiriance! You can read about it on my page if you want t know. But that truly if frightinging 😨
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-24)
Thanks for sharing. I also experienced a very similar "attack" many years ago. I was wide awake and paralysed as something unseen but very foul / unfriendly forced itself on top of me.

I had also experienced nothing like that in the house I had lived in for a couple of years. It was random and very unsettling. My feeling was it was trying to scare me but ultimately couldn't hurt me.

Mack
Marinnenir (7 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-19)
Sorry for late reply. I think what works is to hatch your will from heart center. I'm serious about it. Panicking and trashing around isn't wisest way.
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
I think this was a Sleep paralysis... But yes it is scary... Thanks for sharing

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: