You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Orbs / Lights / Mists :: Blue Lights At In-laws Farm

Real Ghost Stories

Blue Lights At In-laws Farm

 

My Mother and Father in-law took their big European trip in the summer of 2014, leaving the "farm", their sprawling lake property in SW Michigan, unattended. My wife and sister in-law took care of most of the chores while their parents where gone, taking turns feeding the animals, checking the mail and taking care of a number of other chores.

During a mid-week day off from work I volunteered my friend Dustin and myself for farm duties. We completed the chores as quickly as possible then grilled some food and enjoyed the lake for a couple of hours. We returned to the house shortly before dusk to make sure we didn't forget anything, checking the chore list in the kitchen.

This is around the time things started to feel weird. I began to feel very on edge and took a seat in the sun room. It felt as if a weight came down on the house. The fear I was experiencing was real, but I had no indication of why I was feeling it. Dustin entered the sun room and sat across from me on the couch. He had a nervous look on his face and asked, "What is it?" I told him I didn't feel right. We sat there for a while, I'm not sure how long, nervously talking. Dustin became almost tearful at one point, disclosing paranormal stories from his childhood involving some sort of entity in his bedroom. It felt like something bad was going to happen any minute, but what?

Then it happened, I notice the strangest light I've ever seen, just outside the door, near the top of the porch. It looked like dozens of brilliant blue laser lights moving in multiple directions. It was totally dark outside and I couldn't make out the source of the light. I needed this to be something rational, something I could explain away, so I popped up and started heading for the door. Dustin stopped me abruptly, shouting "Sit down!" I complied with his request and took my seat. We sat there in the sun room for a few more minutes talking, and even joking about what just happened. The mood eventually lifted and we headed home.

It wasn't until later that I fully understood the high strangeness of that light. Dustin and I talk about the incident from time to time at work, and it's Dustin's view of the light that provides the most interesting account. He was facing me and his back was to the spinning laser lights. What he witnessed was a large blue "box" which was perfectly formed, with no light spilling over the edges. He explains, "It had more lines or box's moving inside the main box." and it moved from right to left appearing to scan the wall, and me. He states that it was the most brilliant blue, and it fully illuminated everything it touched. He told me later that he fully expected something ghostly, or alien, to enter the room after that light, hence his demands to "sit down!"

Any input into this strange experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wilfred114, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

loneybone (8 stories) (78 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2016-02-04)
Wow woldfred114 great story. To me it sound more like an alien the way you describe the blue light wow. Before like 2 years ago I believe to have had seen a UFO. It was in a big cloud and it looked liked the flame of a candle and it was big where maybe the whole town could see. I did see a ray coming down and I saw a man walking in it well more like a little guy. So I do believe that in this case it was more than a ghost. And maybe you have seen this light before and you don't remember or maybe they didn't want you to remember. Please if you see anything like this again please do share. Thanks for the story.
Caz (342 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-22)
Wilfred, I have to agree with Redwolf here. The geometrical shapes would suggest it was something other than spirit! The fact that it felt 'familiar' to you suggests you may have encountered this thing before and either forgotten or been made to forget! Perhaps you saw it when you were very young? It's just a thought!
Wilfred114 (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-21)
We didn't see any UFO's or any physical evidence in or out side. Dustin and I talk about the incident often. Dustin has stated that he feels the light was, "baiting me" outside, much like the deep sea fish that use bioluminescence to lure in a meal. I'm sceptical. The feeling I had during the incident was "familiar" in some way, I can't quiet explain it. What ever it was, it was standing just a few feet away, just outside the door on the porch. After questioning my wife she stated, "dad told us a Native American burial ground is on our property", I would normally laugh at a statement like that, but my wife's father is a very credible, intelligent man, and a Doctor. I can't say the light was alien or a spirit. I do know, it was one of the weirdest events of my life to date.
Mimi81 (203 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-21)
Maybe it was some type of portal. I think you were very lucky your friend stopped you from going to the door.
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
+4
8 years ago (2015-11-19)
This sounds like a job for Mulder & Scully. Seriously though this is really strange. While you were watching a laser light show Dustin saw something that frightened him. I know he said he expected something ghostly or alien to walk in after the light. But have you two really talked about what you both thought the blue lights were or what would happen if you hadn't sat back down?
The way Dustin described the blue box with other lines and boxes dancing around inside sounds like something from science fiction. I have no idea what this was, but I would have loved to have been there to see it for myself.
I do know that it wasn't spirits with blue laser pens playing around. So if you think it was a U.F.O. I would discuss this with Dustin. I do have to ask though if there were any scorch marks on the porch or ground?
Regards
Red
vintageglam (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
Very interesting... I wonder what was the blue lights...hmmm

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: