You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Granny Mimi's Final Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

Granny Mimi's Final Goodbye

 

This story is a personal one that goes all the way back to when I was still in elementary school, 30 years ago.

My family is huge, with lots of aunts and uncles on both of my parents' sides of our family. Back in elementary school, on my mom's side we had a great aunt who the adults called Mama Hilda, but to us kids we always called her Mimi, and she was loved by everyone in the family.

One day Mimi got sick and had to be sent to the hospital for treatment, and she spent months there, with only the adults being allowed to go see her while we kids couldn't. I remember always wondering when she was going to be allowed out of the hospital or when I could go see her.

Then late one night months after Mimi was sent to the hospital, my parents received a call that made them rush out of the house to go to the hospital, leaving my older sister and myself home alone while they were gone after telling us that something was wrong with Mimi.

I remember that night, some time after they had left, I climbed into bed to go to sleep, and while asleep I had the strangest dream. Even now I can remember it clearly.

In my dream I 'woke up' standing in my backyard where everything was bright white, and Mimi showed up from behind me. She pulled me into a hug and told me that she had to go, and told me to be good before she released me and turned to walk away and disappeared into the bright light.

I woke up back in bed and panicked before I got out of bed and rushed to my parents' room, not really understanding what the dream meant, but when I reached my parents' room it was to find they hadn't returned yet from the hospital. So I checked the clock as I climbed into their bed, and fell asleep, only to be awoken hours later by mom who told my sister and me that Mimi was dead and that she had died around the time I had my dream.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, river_song25, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Darkangel73 (4 stories) (127 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-23)
Cool Name River Song... That is kind of similar to something I had happen to me while I was a teen, minus the vision of the person who passed. I just had a vision of a bright light and woke up knowing that this person had passed.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-17)
Thanks for sharing, your experience demonstrates that love is indeed a powerful force and that death does not separate loved ones.
jasveen (2 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-17)
well I have heard simliar stories about our closed ones paying last visit to those whom they really love before leaving anyways your story was really swwet:')

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: