You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Strange Neighbors & Dark Men

Real Ghost Stories

Strange Neighbors & Dark Men

 

My house has always been very eerie but somewhat cozy. It had it's phases.

This incident in particular occurred in 2012 when I was 19. I had come home from a late night with my friends and I was very sober because I was driving that night (I don't drink anyway). Next door to us lived a very, let's say, unusual woman who was a full believer of spiritual happenings and whatnot. I had tea with her every Wednesday, and she always told stories of the three little children who lived in her house. How naughty they were, that they always stole things like chocolate and ice-cream from the kitchen and make little dents in the blankets on the bed, straight after she made it.

I always brushed these stories off, thinking that they were most likely exaggerated (I did believe in spirits; not ghosts or poltergeists or anything). The lights were on next door which wasn't unusual for Donna, as she was a flight attendant and was always moving about.

I walked up our driveway that we shared and made my way through the back door. Now, our backdoor is connected to a laundry, which was obviously made to extend to an outside toilet to make it an inside one. This laundry was so scary. Unbelievably scary, I usually ran through it whenever I made late night expeditions like this one, or even to the toilet. I felt like I was being watched, the air was always heavy and cold, but this was only at night, never during the day. My hallway was the same.

I dashed through the laundry and closed the door. Just as I did so I heard a high pitched wail from next door. It was full of horror and agony. I was so frightened I immediately turned all the lights on and called the police. What had happened is that Donna had tripped on her rug and broke her tailbone. This baffled me greatly. How could someone shatter their tail bone just by slipping on a rug? But nonetheless I went to her house on the Wednesday after.

I sat down in one of her over stuffed armchairs and gulped some tea. She came in with some more and sat down, wincing slightly. She then launched into the story of how she broke her tailbone and it was quite different to what I had been told.

What happened is that she was woken at 3 am by the 'children' who were rummaging in the pantry for 'food'. I stated that 'ghosts' could not actually consume food and she said she doesn't know why they are or 'were' so interested in it. Anyway, she got out of bed to tell them that they needed to go to 'sleep' because that's the only way they would actually leave the house, or at least stop disrupting Donna. They then proceeded to throw the contents of the pantry at her. She told them very firmly to 'stop' or she would get cross and send them away. They stopped and Donna said she could see footprints in the flour form and the walked their way to the rug of which Donna was standing. Then, a dark towering figure slowly appeared. His face was dark and pockmarked, he had a top hat and a large heavy coat with big black boots. He apparently let out a low chuckle and pulled the rug, resulting in Donna breaking her tailbone.

She said she was so close from shattering her spine, that was how much force that came from the tug. She then finished by saying "I felt him in your house, Sarah. In the back part of the house. I think he has unfinished business with the kids or something. He's bad news."

I went home, feeling very uneasy about everything. And ever since, I have heard heavy footsteps in the hallway, pacing up and down, every single Wednesday.

Donna moved away this year, due to health problems. I have had many, many, many more experiences with her and the strange spirits that she attracts. This one was the most mild one I could think of, due to my mood right now (you know how sometimes you don't really feel like reliving scary, frightening and sad experiences?)

Feedback would be epic! I'd love to hear what you think this means etc. Please also let me know if you want to hear more!

Thanks for reading! Xo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, sxrahhhhhhhhhh22096, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

MandyyNicole (7 stories) (183 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-23)
Do you think it's possible that there are no children spirits at all, just the man masquerading as "children"? That's sort of how the entire situation comes off to me.
Janellexx89 (5 stories) (9 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-22)
I would love to hear more stories. It seems like you and Donna have a lot more to tell. I hope you post another one soon. This story really pulled me in! 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
Amzu - please refrain from using all caps in a sentence. I'm pretty certain the o/p can see your comment even without all caps. Thank you.
Amzu15 (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
I WANT MORE STORIES FROM YOU! ITS AN INSTANT FAVOURITE. Donna sounds like a nice woman. (and you too). Can't wait! Xxx.
Jaxxxanator (3 stories) (11 posts)
+1
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
i recommend cleansing and smudging, I think there could possibly be residual energy left over, did the children die in Donna's house? Or anywhere close by that they lingering? I think knowing the history of the children and the area might help in identifying them and the man that is apparently after them and that could help clear up his "unfinished business". Cleansing and smudging your house and family members should protect and cleanse the house's energy as best as possible, if it persists or gets worse, I recommend a medium, to connect with this bully of a guy and clear up his story once and for all. Hopefully then maybe even the children can rest peacefully.

PS: Since Donna has moved, is the house empty? Does it have anyone? If so, do they report hearing the children to?
Somewhatsceptic (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
sxrahhhhhhhhhh22096, yes Donna sounds like a very rare type of person indeed such a shame that she had such a difficult time. I would be careful with that big spirit around maybe getting blessed or even try praying even if you don't believe in that sort of thing it could help.
Best wishes and regards,
Sceptic
sheetal (6 stories) (771 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
sxrahhhhhhhhhh22096... I am just amazed how she was so comfortable with the spirit of children... Can you please specify age of Donna? Are you still living in that house and do you know history of your house? Thanks for sharing... I hope her health is now perfectly okay!
vintageglam (1 stories) (19 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-11-18)
Oh wow. This story scared me. Hopefully she is okay. I remember my mother fell and broke her tailbone while walking in the rain. Anyways, maybe she is a medium that attracts ghost?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: