You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Watching Me Sleep

Real Ghost Stories

Watching Me Sleep

 

We recently purchased a new home in Camby, Indiana, it is in a fairly new neighborhood. The subdivision is called Heartland Crossing. For some strange reason, I feel uncomfortable in the house, I get the feeling that someone is watching me. I am sometimes in the shower and feel like if someone was getting ready to come in the bathroom. It is very strange. I have told my husband about it but he thinks that I am just to stressed out due to work or the kids or school.

Ever since we moved to the house, I cannot sleep the way I used to. It will take me a while before I fall asleep and when I do I wake up during the middle of the night and then in the morning I am exhausted due to lack of sleep.

One night I was having one of those nights where I could not go to sleep. The master bed room, which of course is ours, as you walk into it, the bed is to the left, as you walk towards the bed to the left, there is the master bath and once you are in the bath to the left again is the walk in closet. This is so you can start picturing what my room looks like and so you have an idea of where I saw what I saw.

I was tossing and turning but had my eyes closed. I felt again as if someone was watching me sleep and I opened my eyes and I saw a shadow next to my bed and "he" (I say he because the body shape and posture seemed of a man) was like at an incline as if he was trying to see my face which was covered slightly by the sheets. I closed my eyes really quick and started to pray and when I got the courage to open them again, it was no longer there. That wall that was right behind the shadow I saw is in front of two big windows and I don't know if maybe the tree branches was what formed the shape of it, but let me tell you I was so scared! I told my husband a few days after it happened but he just looked at me and did not say anything. I am not sure if he believed me or not, but I saw it.

Other times I have felt as if someone touches my legs under the sheets. I am usually half asleep when this happens and to be honest I though the first time it was my husband trying to get some, but when I asked him the next morning he told me he did not, that he was asleep.

I will tell you about other stories that have happened and I cannot explain. I have tried to find out what was there prior to the subdivision and the people who lived there, but I cannot find anything or maybe just not looking in the right place.

Does anyone know how to find history of where you live?

Thanks for listening!

Other hauntings by luvparanormal

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, luvparanormal, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
Wickedwitch2000, thank you so much for the info I will give it a shot! I have tried a lot of things so hopefully this one will work.
Again thanks
WIckedWitch2000 (1 stories) (71 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-12-18)
Dear luvparanormal,
I know how to track down history where you live! Go on google and type in the address and state and ALL the informaton about where you live on google click enter and it should come up, House fire, Something like that... Body not found in house after fire soemthing liek dat
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-02)
OH MY GOSH! You have no idea the chill I got down my spine when I read the last post from paranormalcamby. Half of the things that you posted have happened to me and I had not posted them here so I know exactly what you are talking about. We live in the same place. I have tried to get info on the land and have found nothing, there was a house built behind mine I would say a few blocks down but behind our house is an empty field and our dog will just stare at it at night when I go out with him. Can you contact me I would really like to talk to you some more maybe together we can find and answer to this, which division do you live in?
ParanormalCamby (1 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-01)
Amazing. I just moved into my newly built Camby home in Heartland Crossing also. I started searching for answers and I found your article. Things have not been dangerous but there is something here. I have my kitchen lights turn on my themselves. I had a rock thrown out of my water fountain and hit my dresser next to my bed and it woke me up so it was thrown pretty hard. That happened two weeks ago. I always feel like there is something standing by my door and watching me. I have also seen a mist come down my stairs and into my living room area. I usually talk to it and tell it to go away. I am ignoring this because if I didn't it would drive me insane. My lights in my house dim out and dim back bright. I have outlets that don't work and some that spark as I try to plug things into them. Nothing has happened to my 8 year old son inside the home. Thank god. But outside when we were getting the back yard together he was throwing rocks towards a field and the rocks were flying back at him and hitting him. We we first moved, in the garage door into the kitchen opened by itself while I was doing the walk through and the person with me said... Looks like you have visitors. I also have had my bed shake. I have heard a little girl laughing by my bed. All of these things have happened within the time I moved in here since mid August of 07. It's not something that happens every night and I ignore it most of the time. I had a glass clock bust off of the wall. It just came crashing down for no reason. I also had my garage light turning on and off by itself right when I first moved in. I have contacted some paranormal investigators that are going to come over here and check things out. I feel so much better knowing that I am not the only one that this is happening to out here. I also would like to find the history of this land out here.
I just really don't know what's going to happen next and I try like hell not to think about it.
whitebuffalo (guest)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-11)
I am not sure what this being was, but I am leaning towards your guide. I only say that as he had his head cocked as if trying to see you better. I may be totally off here, I do not know, but that is what I would think. In lines with the protection practices, I also, for just a bit of extra protection (I do not know if it is genuine or just in me head) have a few lavender plants in my house. I carry them around and find the rooms that feel "off" and that is where I place them. There have been days, however, that I am moving the plants around more than I am enjoying the scent! Thank you for sharing your story.
Oh, by the by, the husband thing: mine was told that he could very well be a major contributor to some of the things going on in our homestead and he freaked saying "How could I possibly be the cause of all of this?!" Definitely a man thing. 😆
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
Thank you all for all of the comments. I really appreciate all of the input specially from Kim girl you are very informed, and mustang also I never thought that I would get so much info back that is awesome! Well, I do have a Bible in every room of the house and Crosses as well, I like the lavender that sounds nice and the sage I have heard a lot about that when it comes to Ghosts and Hauntings. I will keep you all posted. This past Friday I had another thing happened I will tell you all about it in another story.
Thanks again to all!
❤ 😉
Camoandi (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
Those shadow people are something else! One minute they are there, the next they are gone! I have a shadow person in my house as well! He doesn't interact with me, just walks around.
AllieRN (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-12)
You should be able to go to your local library or courthouse and find some info about your property. I have thought about doing the same due to living in an old house with activity. My husband often tries to shrug off stuff that happens in our home. HE will only occassionally talk about it when we are alone. It's a man thing. Thanks for sharing your story, Allie
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-10)
Hi luv. Kim sounds like she knows all about researching! Good advice there. Isn't it maddening when hubby doesn't get what you're trying to tell him? Mine thought I was loopy until he started having some experiences. I don't think you should worry too much, though you sound pretty creeped out, but it doesn't sound like 'he's' threatening at all. I agree with Kim, just ask him to leave you in peace. Thanks for sharing your story with us!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-10)
I agre with mustang, try having lavendar in your bedroom to sleep. I would also like to seriously recommend at least on cross in the room (it wouldn't hurt to have them in other rooms of your home as well, especially the bathroom and even the master closet. Place a Bible near your bed, tell 'him' he is not welcome in the name of the Lord, you are taking the fear back and he needs to go to the other side. You need your sleep and peace and are not going to allow 'him' to disrupt it any longer. A lot of these 'entities' appear to thrive on fear, it keeps them 'energized'.
If this does not fit within your faith, try the smudge ceremony that Shane has mentioned on this site numerous times, also using crystal, smoky quartz charged by the sun can certainly help with positive energy.

Try to read aloud from the Bible with meaning. You have to mean it. As far as researchghing homes and property, you can try the hall of records in your county. I was able to get the complete abstract to my home that was built in 1910. This did give a few high lights that happoened on the property and home when first constructed, the rest I researched through leads at the hall of records and by extensive research at the public library for use at the county court house. This can be tedious and exhausting, but well worth it. With inter net abilities, research through new paper archives is made much easier. Also, if there are any neighbors around that have been there a while, people LOVE to talk.

Please keep us updated and realixze by the other stories listed and oisted in this site, you are not alone in your experiences.

God Bless!
mustang (5 stories) (749 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-11-09)
Hi Luvparanormal! I know that I've had a male shadow figure in my life for years. Luckily, I haven't seen him since I've been with my husband (6 years). As I am speaking, right now, something keeps touching my hair and won't stop even went I put my hand over my hair for it to stop. Creepy! Anyway, to get back to your story. I don't think it's anything to worry about. It may be your guide watching over you. Whenever I would try to say something to my male shadow it would just disappear. I never felt threatened but I also was never happy to be awakened by a creepy, male shadow that doesn't exist in our world. I would tell him to go away so you can get some sleep. Use a lavender candle in your room before you go to sleep or burn some sage in your house and bedroom. I think the lavender is what I've heard Shane say to do. Maybe you can't sleep very well because it's new surroundings. That's how I am when I have to sleep anywhere other than my own bed. As for the leg touching, yuck, I don't like the touching thing. That's to close for comfort to me. Hopefully you'll be able to get some sleep soon. Thanks for sharing your story. -Shelby ❤ 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: