You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Another Story From The Group Home

Real Ghost Stories

Another Story From The Group Home

 

I recently shared a story about one of my experiences working for the State of Kentucky in a juvenile offenders group home that was a former TB hospital. The first story was "Group Home Ghost." Actually, the building that housed the group home was actually one of the buildings that the doctors and nurses stayed in while they were working. I've been asked to share some more of my experiences there, so I have decided to share a couple more.

When I first started working at the group home as a youth worker, I had to work third shift two nights a week. Third shift only has one person working, so this makes things even worse for a new person. It didn't help that all of the other workers were of course telling me that the place was haunted and sharing some of their stories with me. Which these stories weren't too bad when I was working second shift with other workers.

The building I was working in was very old and was heated by an old boiler. There was a heavy fire door leading to the boiler room that was spring loaded and remained shut all of the time. Well, on one occasion in the middle of the night, I heard this boiler room door creak open and slam really hard. There was nothing else in the building that could make a sound like this.

After restarting my heart, I completed a security check to make sure all of the youth were in their rooms on the main floor where I was and that no one else was there. I then proceeded to slowly go down the stairs to the basement where the boiler room was. There was no one in the basement and the door was shut. I opened up the door and it made the exact sound that I heard while I was upstairs. I completed my security check and ensured that no one was in the building that shouldn't be there and headed back upstairs rather quickly.

I had finally calmed down when I heard the door open up and slam once again. There was definitely someone messing with me, but apparently it wasn't someone that was alive.

Other hauntings by JJP

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Kentucky

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JJP, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

valkricry (49 stories) (3267 posts) mod
-1
8 years ago (2015-12-02)
JJP,
Not trying to rain on your parade, but I wonder if that sound may have been produced by the boiler itself? They can pop, hiss, bang, and knock, sometimes quite loudly, and, yes, they can even sound like a heavy door slamming shut. For some reason they seem to like making these noises mostly in winter or cold times. Top it off, you were on 3rd shift, so I imagine things were pretty darn quiet, which means sounds are amplified. Now, mind you, I'm not saying it WAS the boiler, just a possibility, and the assumption it was a working boiler.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-02)
I love that you throw some humor into your accounts JJP. It does sound as if someone is messing around. Probably not with you in particular since everyone seems to have their own stories, so I wouldn't worry too much about it.
Looking forward to reading more from you. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: