You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: The Cabin Visit

Real Ghost Stories

The Cabin Visit

 

I have always wondered what to make of that day at the cabin in the early 90's. After reading Jerry's account and reading the amount of information that YGS readers provided I thought I would "throw" mine in the mix to see what everyone thought.

This would have to be my first "unexplained" event. Although not ghostly in nature it would be considered paranormal, I think. I have written about some things I and others have experienced at this cabin in "Ever Since". However those events occurred 2006-2014 time period. So let me get started with this one from the early 90s.

We have a cabin in the Ozark National Forest that sets in the middle of 80 acres. I have been enjoying it since around 1988. Over the years I would be myself there to do some deer hunting with my bow or rifle. On this occasion I was by myself. I pretty much keep to a routine on a days adventure. Up way before sunbreak, coffee, de-scenting shower, dress, and head down to the lower part of the 80 and wait until daylight. I would set for a few a hours and then ease back up to the cabin for a quick bite of breakfast before heading to the upper part of the 80 acres.

At that time of my life I was in construction and worked 4 ten hour days, leaving me with a three day weekend. Often this would leave me by myself until later Friday evening for some hunting buddies to show. Anyways, this Friday morning I had already been on the lower part of the 80 and made it back to the cabin. I had added wood to the wood burning stove and had some breakfast. It was pushing 10:00 am as I started easing up the incline of the road that lead to the front portion. I made it about twenty yards when a deer jumped ahead of me 50 yards up the road. It didn't go very far, just a bit off the road. At the time the leaves on the ground were like potato chips and I could hear if it had kept going.

I froze in my position as I thought of my next move. I stopped just to the side of a small cedar tree. There was very little wind and it was in my favor as stood motionless. I could just maybe make out the tail end of the deer. I was waiting to see what it was going to do when I started hearing a very odd sound. It sounded like a mini helicopter coming my direction. It continued until it would have been straight above me and only 25 feet up. I had a completely clear view straight to the sound that was loud but nothing was there. It was not causing any disturbance from the wind that would have been obvious. The cedar wasn't moving nor any leaves that were around me. It was above me for about two minutes and suddenly flew up the road and veered off to the left right over where the deer had stopped. The deer went crazy and blew as it bounced away at a high rate of speed.

I was left standing there wondering what in the world just happened. I could not make any sense of it. I obviously heard something directly above me but nothing was there. The deer heard it as well and reacted the way it did. I wasn't sure what to do so I continued with my plan to hunt the upper end.

Twenty minutes later I was setting at the base of a large oak patiently waiting for deer to come my way. As I sat there I replayed in my head what had happened earlier before. I had been there for an hour and a half or so when I heard THAT sound again and headed my way. It came right above me, AGAIN! I could not see anything. After about 2 to 3 minutes I finally stood up and stretch my arms out expressing "WTH"?!?!?! As I did that it sped off again never to be heard again.

I don't have a clue. I would describe it as a "single prop" something. It didn't have the sound the new drones make. Military drone? I don't know, it would have to have some type of cloaking device because I couldn't see it. By the sound I surmised it would have been the size of the drones we see now. The cabin is not anywhere close to a military facility. Was that kind of tech available in the early 90's? So many unanswered questions...

Other hauntings by Wish-Not

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Arkansas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Wish-Not, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Wish-Not (16 stories) (534 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-06)
bspilker- That's just the thing, there was nothing during that time period that would make that type of sound.

I decided years ago that there is simply no answer. There is a journal kept at the cabin since it's beginning. I did write about it when it happened. Maybe one of these years it will be experienced again or explained. Who knows?

Thanks for reading and commenting
bspilker (1 stories) (15 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-06-06)
Wish-Not,
Fellow Hunter here. It sounds like the Deer gods didn't want you hunting that day. However I don't think it could have been a drone, Most of that technology wouldn't have been available at that time I think, even if it was I would imagine it would of been kept at area 51 or some test site like that.
valkricry (49 stories) (3265 posts) mod
 
8 years ago (2015-12-02)
Wish-Not, all I really have to say is I've no clue, but you know there's this 50 character minimum we have to make... So - yep, no clue.
Tweed (35 stories) (2494 posts)
 
8 years ago (2015-12-02)
Wish Not, seems like whatever this was didn't want any hunting going down. Even gave the deer a heads up. 😉

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: